PDA

View Full Version : how do cunts steal cars

Ben.
22-05-12, 08:37 PM
dont get to specific, i'm not keen to go gank some cunts pride and joy, or help anyone else do so, i just remember seeing a thread on here where the dudes took a late model cruiser and stripped it to fuck then dumped it, just wondering, how do they actually take the cars in the first place with all the electronic wizardry going on?

do they steal keys or have electronics that throw out heaps of codes till one unlocks/starts the car?

Skompa
22-05-12, 08:40 PM
Towtruck would prob be the simplest way. Nobody questions someone who looks like they are doing what they should be.

I know a couple of people that have had cars nicked by a towtruck.

big_pete
22-05-12, 08:45 PM
Ask holdengirl

I hear her son knows a few tricks of the trade

afraid
22-05-12, 09:20 PM
Opportunist.

Or;

Break window
Unlock door
Jiggle steering wheel until it locks
Kick the wheel to snap the steering lock
If need be, bypass immobiliser at the ECU
Hot wire from the back of the ignition barrel

Drive away knowing you're a shitcunt and should be fisted by Thor

Dansedgli
22-05-12, 09:29 PM
I saw a tow truck drag a smashed car sideways onto the tray after being wrapped around a telephone pole. They give no fark for being in gear with the handbrake on.

karl_2ltGC
22-05-12, 09:34 PM
Most cunts are stupid, they just break into your house, grab your keys from your little key hook, and drive your car away comfortably.

Streety
22-05-12, 09:39 PM
Most cunts are stupid, they just break into your house, grab your keys from your little key hook, and drive your car away comfortably.

That's why we all should leave car keys on the hook, instead of by your bed side!
I like life

townie :)
22-05-12, 09:41 PM
Near me a few years ago, a lady went to the local shopping centre and parked in a normal spot and went in for a few minutes, came out to her car on the back of a tow truck. She hopped in a taxi (exit was the same one the taxi's wait at), followed the truck and called the cops. They found over 180 stolen cars on this guys property, no one had any idea until they were busted, could have been good money in it I guess.

mullmans
22-05-12, 09:48 PM
for less sophisticated cars (non euro) there is usually 5 wires going into your ignition barrel

batt +
acc
ign 1 - car wont run without power to this one
ign 2
starter

when you turn the key to "acc" batt + gets fed to acc
when you turn the key to "on" batt + gets fed to ign 1 and 2
when you turn the key to start batt gets temporarily connected to the starter relay

immobilisers usually cut the starter wire and the ign 1 wire and run them through some relays

that should be enough to tell you how easy it is to hotwire a car

if a shitcunt installed your immobiliser it would actually make it easier to steal the car, because the wires that are cut would give away which ones to hotwire

or if you are in perth the pricks just bust into your house and threaten you till you give them the keys

Roadsailing
22-05-12, 09:58 PM
for less sophisticated cars (non euro) there is usually 5 wires going into your ignition barrel

batt +
acc
ign 1 - car wont run without power to this one
ign 2
starter

when you turn the key to "acc" batt + gets fed to acc
when you turn the key to "on" batt + gets fed to ign 1 and 2
when you turn the key to start batt gets temporarily connected to the starter relay

immobilisers usually cut the starter wire and the ign 1 wire and run them through some relays

that should be enough to tell you how easy it is to hotwire a car

if a shitcunt installed your immobiliser it would actually make it easier to steal the car, because the wires that are cut would give away which ones to hotwire

or if you are in perth the pricks just bust into your house and threaten you till you give them the keys

no no no, haven't you seen any movies?

you reach under the dash and yank, two wires will come out with the ends pre-stripped. they are always red and green.

you touch the wires together a few times so you see blue sparks, then hold them together until the engine turns over and starts, then you twist them together and drive away.

when some cunt tried to steal my car (80s toyota) they jimmied the door lock with a screwdriver, tried to jimmy the ignition lock then gave up and stole my battery. cunts! it was a good battery too!

Tripper
22-05-12, 10:02 PM
depends on the car, have broken into cars with a paint scraper and a paddle pop stick when mates have locked keys inside before

Fraud
22-05-12, 10:08 PM
my old man reckons he could start one of his mates cars by jamming some steel wool behind the ignition barrel and lucking out that the right circuits connected.

I reckon he's full of shit.

A mate's dad had a Lotus Europa a million years ago. They used a holesaw to go straight through teh (fibreglass) door and lift up the door lock mechanism, then they hotwired it, then drove it abotu 100m up the road before the carby float bowls were empty because the solenoid locking out the fuel line was still shut. Then the left it. Took him a week to find it.

Howard Jones
22-05-12, 10:09 PM
personaly i just kick the cunts door down, hold the family hostage with an m4 i imported off the silk road then just dispatch a kid or two every 15mins till the cunt hands over the keys

but then again im no where near as hard as you cunts

Skompa
Vt series 1 if you jump on the roof the doors will open. It's not inconspicuous but you'd get inside. However you would be doing the cunt a favour stealing it.

Purple-Headed Love Truncheon
i once got a stolen recovered xf given to me and i spun out at how the fuckers stole it
they jumped on the bonnet, grabbed the dipstick and used that to open the doors and start it!
they(he?) also used their belt to tie the bonnet down

MRGREATWALLMAN
22-05-12, 10:17 PM
thats the oldest trick in the book.. XD-XF and the dipstick. if your keen you can get under them, reach up and pull the dipstick out without having to jump on the bonnet.

Madhatr
22-05-12, 10:20 PM
Opportunist.

Or;

Break window
Unlock door
Jiggle steering wheel until it locks
Kick the wheel to snap the steering lock
If need be, bypass immobiliser at the ECU
Hot wire from the back of the ignition barrel

Drive away knowing you're a shitcunt and should be fisted by Thor

Yeah.......

Nah. Even if you could do half of that shit these days, you know how long it fucking takes going through looms to do shit like that? A great deal of new model cars these days have quite comprehensive immobiliser systems. To the point where you pretty much arent getting the car started permanently without a properly coded key. Much easier for them to simply break into your house and steal your mrs bag or the keys straight out of the kitchen and drive away in your car. Or truck it out like already said.

Greg Rust
22-05-12, 10:28 PM
WA Police say that the majority of cars stolen are from keys left on hooks or tables either at night or during the day.

platinum
22-05-12, 10:31 PM
Yeah I reckon without a tow truck or getting the keys, you'd have to have some very specific technical knowledge to drive away in any new car.

My old-old VL was stolen with a screwdriver, first to bust the door lock, and then jammed in the ignition to start it. high tech thiefs
On the plus side, when it was recovered, I got a free screwdriver, jerry can, tarp and a bottle of cordial.

RMX
22-05-12, 10:35 PM
Depends on the level of theft we are talking about..

Simple shit like old Commodores/Fords - In the door (even with solex lock) in 10 seconds with a steel ruler.
Then a collection of 20 or so keys and with a worn original barrel, One of them will start it.
Failing the keys working, Hotwire in under a minute.

More modern stuff the doors are harder to get into, some smash windows.
Best way is a slim jim, You'll have the door open in seconds.

Modern doors are a little harder and a slim jim wont work .. but luckily Blue Point make that pretty easy with their master lock pick set:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=636310&group_ID=675777&store=australia&dir=catalog
http://i48.tinypic.com/15d847o.jpg

These will also let you start a car once you sort the immobiliser out.
There are also "one handed jigglers" - they look a little like a key and you jiggle it around in the lock and it'll also open/start a non-immobilised car.

I'm not going to go into beating an immobiliser without hot wiring a car .. That would make this thread a little too valuable.

The other option that shit cunts seem to be doing these days, as mentioned earlier is busting into the house to get keys.. but thats hardly stealing a car.
Tow trucks are also another option.

leothedrummer
22-05-12, 10:38 PM
I'm still amazed that someone attempted to break into my EA and failed...they smashed the lock in and left it at that, cunts.

dsmith
22-05-12, 11:00 PM
Here in hicksville we get one or two cars stolen every night. Not bad considering it's exclusively 10-15 year old black cunts who exclusively steal cars as a result of unlocked/unsecured cars or houses where the keys are easily located and stolen.

It is unbelievably common for people to: forget to lock their front door at night, leave a spare key for their car in the glove box and then leave it unlocked and parked on the street overnight, leave a spare key for car A in car B which is left unlocked and parked next to car A on the drive way, think that a security screen door with the latch flipped will stop a skinny 12 year old black cunt who's hands/arm up to the biceps will fit through just about any security screen or most importantly go to sleep with their keys/wallet/phone anywhere in the house except for right next to their head behind a closed and locked bedroom door.

Ben.
22-05-12, 11:07 PM
madhatr knows what i'm getting at.

its alright to say 'bypass the immobiliser', but, in commdores for example, they have that BCM thing from the early/mid 90's onwards, that fucker incorporates a whole fleet of electronics from memory, surely a car thief wouldn't sit there wiring a whole patch loom in?

i was under the impression that most were keys/tow truck jobs, are there cunts out there that can actually just get into new cars, hot wire, and drive off? maybe with the aid of electronic jiggers like in gone in 60 seconds, where they throw out all sorts of signals until ones disbles security shit?

george, i think the real issue here is that you, at one point, owned an XF panel van that even the theif gave back ;)

tut
23-05-12, 12:29 AM
i'd rather leave my car keys on the hook next the frnt door inside the house, and have cunts steal the car and get away, than to have the keys in my bedroom and have the possibly armed cunts get in my room, wake me up and steal my shit, possibly/probbly hurting me badly.

bigmuz
23-05-12, 05:27 AM
Cars don't get stolen any more really.

http://ncars.on.net/docs/quick/aus.pdf

Thefts have halved or 1/3rded in the past 5 years. That is why your insurance is so cheap now italics.

bigmuz
23-05-12, 05:28 AM
And;

bigmuz
23-05-12, 05:30 AM
Notice a pattern? States with lots of abos or swedes are bucking the trend.

Terribleone
23-05-12, 06:09 AM
I fix stolen cars for insurance companies all the time, anything late model has had the keys stolen from inside the house/handbag, trashed and then dumped. Suprisingly every 3rd or 4th one is an X3 Excel, they seem to be popular with thieving cunts. Normally its just a smashed door barrel, reef on the steering wheel until the lock breaks, pry ignition harness off the back of the switch and use screwdriver to start car, by the amount of damage they cause I would say it takes them no more than 30 seconds.

Dont these inconsiderate fucks know how hard it is for me to find a good set of column shrouds for an X3?!

fat910
23-05-12, 06:31 AM
Here in hicksville we get one or two cars stolen every night. Not bad considering it's exclusively 10-15 year old black cunts who exclusively steal cars as a result of unlocked/unsecured cars or houses where the keys are easily located and stolen.

It is unbelievably common for people to: forget to lock their front door at night, leave a spare key for their car in the glove box and then leave it unlocked and parked on the street overnight, leave a spare key for car A in car B which is left unlocked and parked next to car A on the drive way, think that a security screen door with the latch flipped will stop a skinny 12 year old black cunt who's hands/arm up to the biceps will fit through just about any security screen or most importantly go to sleep with their keys/wallet/phone anywhere in the house except for right next to their head behind a closed and locked bedroom door.
I can vouch to this. Every morning i head down to my local servo to get an iced coffee and the attendant gets a fax from the cop shop with the stolen vehicles from the previous night, generally its 3 or more cars stolen per night. 3 of my old work mates have had their cars stolen within 3 months. They use the old method of waltzing into your house while asleep and flogging all your easily accessible belongings, including your car keys, and fucking off. My best defence towards this is probably my bulldog, wouldnt hurt a fly but looks mean as fuck to a stinky, worthless, star picket ankled Abo.

KanaL
23-05-12, 06:48 AM
I had a trade school teacher that was convinced you could start a car by plugging a device into the trailer plug of a car, and that was the reason so many cars have their trailer plugs in the boot these days.even the insurance mobs were onto it, and that's why they ask if you've got a tow bar.

I really couldn't be fucked asking him how it worked...

0x2DLVR
23-05-12, 07:54 AM
Yeah.......

Nah. Even if you could do half of that shit these days, you know how long it fucking takes going through looms to do shit like that? A great deal of new model cars these days have quite comprehensive immobiliser systems. To the point where you pretty much arent getting the car started permanently without a properly coded key. Much easier for them to simply break into your house and steal your mrs bag or the keys straight out of the kitchen and drive away in your car. Or truck it out like already said.

Got to remember different levels of criminal. Sophisticated sydicates will by a new car, spend weeks working out the quickest and easiest way to get around the electronics and then go steal 50 of them. Makes the first bought car all worth it.

InsaneAsylum
23-05-12, 08:24 AM
had to drive my ex's dads sunbird once and didn't have the key. used a screwdriver to open the drivers lock, then used my hand to turn the ignition barrel....
I believe a lot of old commodores were like this as they had the same ignition barrel and it wore out over the years which made it effectively useless.

mates house got broken into at night recently, he was upstairs. they snuck in, took the keys and drove his golf gti away down the street.

TT
23-05-12, 08:43 AM
Chris Rogers on this forum is an audio/security fitting guy/genious.
he held a small workshop in his place one night to show how easy it was to drive away with your car.
3 club members from SAU brought their "alarm/immobiliser/killswitch" fitted cars in to have chris try to get it started.
one of them he got going under 90 seconds while talking to a customer on a mobile phone.
the other were also started up, but took a minute or so longer.

I'll send him a PM to this thread to hopefully give useful info on how they do it or better yet best prevention methods.

Aaron
23-05-12, 05:41 PM
On certain Ford systems if you can make the engine crank for a set period of time the internal ECU/transponder key immobiliser function will be ignored and the engine allowed to run.

But in the same system you need to bypass the starter motor cut at the ECU and that's not exactly straight forward either.

You also need to generate a correct crank & cam sensor signal as well, cept one sits on a sub-loom that has powered controlled by the immobiliser function in the ecu. In other words bonnet up, screw around with wiring then break ignition lock etc to drive away.

It's easier to buy a brute-force key coder - plug straight into the diagnostic port, have it code a new transponder keyhead and then break the ignition lock old school style and drive away.

brasher
23-05-12, 05:51 PM
my mate left his keys in his VW transporter, I was surprised how easy it was to get the door open, couple of steel rulers with tape around them, a length of wire and 2 mins later was open.

Uwish
23-05-12, 06:07 PM
My HSV was taken with a Tilt tray.
Two were taken that night from the inner west. Cunts.

Madhatr
23-05-12, 08:33 PM
Got to remember different levels of criminal. Sophisticated sydicates will by a new car, spend weeks working out the quickest and easiest way to get around the electronics and then go steal 50 of them. Makes the first bought car all worth it.

Still reckon it takes too long. Have you even attempted to pull a loom or wiring out of a car to get to something? like, something made in the last 10 years? even if you know exactly what wires you need to get to, getting under consoles and dashes these days can be a fucking nightmare. Half the shit clips into something else, so it's not like you can just remove one piece to get access. As others have said, turn up with a tow truck that looks even half official and nobody questions what is going on. You can have the car loaded up and removed in a few mins, vs someone fucking around inside and outside a car that looks pretty dodgy. Move them to somewhere you can work on them where you wont be disturbed.

Streety
23-05-12, 09:07 PM
95% of the stolen cars I see are taken with keys, the rest are excels or vn/vp commodores

these little cunts stealing cars are one reason why insurers use post codes to price premiums.
Theaving little cunts do steal from their own area too and all leave a signature

with the organised ones buying a car to test on, they would not do that! no way!! they would just steal one with the keys and lock it in a garage somewhere.
A funny one, I looked at a car 2 years ago that was stolen in 1999 and registered to a new owner who had no idea it was stolen. it was originally stolen 2 streets away from where its new owners lived. wierd...

milo
23-05-12, 11:57 PM
I saw a tow truck drag a smashed car sideways onto the tray after being wrapped around a telephone pole. They give no fark for being in gear with the handbrake on.

And thats how all the cars get towed from Clearway Zones everyday...

NISMOgemini
24-05-12, 08:35 AM
Near me a few years ago, a lady went to the local shopping centre and parked in a normal spot and went in for a few minutes, came out to her car on the back of a tow truck. She hopped in a taxi (exit was the same one the taxi's wait at), followed the truck and called the cops. They found over 180 stolen cars on this guys property, no one had any idea until they were busted, could have been good money in it I guess.

180?! was he collecting them?

wagoner
24-05-12, 08:53 AM
star picket ankled Abo.:rotflol:

i always get nervous about parking my rex in the city because the bradnt has been fucked off due to it dying in the arse.
it's pissweak i know, but on there rare occasions i park in the city i reef out the ign fuse from the panel then close it up.
that'll stop em

Spoonfed
24-05-12, 09:53 AM
my mate left his keys in his VW transporter, I was surprised how easy it was to get the door open, couple of steel rulers with tape around them, a length of wire and 2 mins later was open.

Late model hiluxs are about 10seconds. Dumb idea putting the unlock button on the drivers door. Bar/ruller straight through and down, bam opened. Did this for the neighbour within seconds of looking over the car. :knock: . Would have electronics to stop it starting though I'd say, but quick and quiet if you just want nick shit from in them.

sean
24-05-12, 12:34 PM
2 spoons with bent handles to get into any landcrusier up to and including the latest V8 Troopy's and Traybacks. $70k really doesn't buy and security

Older landcruisers, bust the steering lock, pop the bonnet, pop the shaft off the run/stop lever and it springs to the run position, push start or jumper leads onto the starter and you're away.

race6.3l
24-05-12, 08:47 PM
Rodeos were the same from early 00's. No plates covering the door lock, just remove the rubber window strip with ease and thick wire, 5 secs tops. With the premium of some commercial vehicles, i'm amazed such easy pickings arent taken, considering the premium on some of the gearboxes and diesel engines.. Take the near 5 figure sum to replace a turbo diesel Navara engine, $3000 for an engine before it is even found as stolen.

dab.of.oppo
24-05-12, 09:08 PM
Lost my car keys at work one day. Had the wrong key dropped to me so come time to go home the 'spare' opened the door but wouldn't turn the ignition. Got the Leatherman out of the glovebox and took part of the dash out to get to the back of the ignition barrel. Cut the 4 wires coming out of the back of the ignition barrel and stripped the ends with the blade. I figured out which was the Ground, 'ACC', 'ON' and Starter through trial and error touching the ends together. Twisted the 'ON' wire to the Ground then touched the starter wire onto both of them. BINGO. Got 5 minutes down the road and decided I wanted the radio so twisted the 'ACC' into the mix aswell.
Got home and stripped the ends of the barrel and bullet connected the whole thing back up. Spliced 2 male connectors onto the ground and females on all the others so I could start it again (and have the radio) with ease and without the key.
/CSH

Shifty
24-05-12, 10:00 PM
Most commonly break into house, grab keys from obviously placed key-board in kitchen, jump in car, push garage door opener, drive off. In and out in, literally, 30 seconds...

Tily-tray is a common one also.

Otherwise, newer cars don't get stolen a whole lot - more vandalism, opportunism (eg. servo with keys in car), or thefts from vehicles.

Old cars are easily stolen, even I could get most stuff pre-immob. stuff started in 5-10 minutes.

JamesB
25-05-12, 02:36 AM
I used to do a lot of traveling for work, and learned a lot of the things that the bastards did.

In Cairns, the routine was to hit the above ground floor motel units with balconies, as the people on the upper floors didn't bother to (or even close) the balcony doors at night. The bastards would climb up onto the balcony, and do a quick look on the bedside table for keys and wallet, and failing that, grab any clothes on the floor by the bed (just in case they had left their wallet and keys in the pockets) and quietly throw them over the balcony.

In Sydney, the worst was during a heavy overnight storm. 2-3AM, they'd rock into a motel car-park, and fire up a high power multi-sequencing transmitter that would run through the codes used by the key fobs on most domestic cars and watch for all the boot lids to open. The storm would cover any noise, and they could steal anything in the cars that took their fancy. Happened to me one night with a rental Magna. Came down in the morning and every door and the boot is open ... as was every other car in the car park. I was lucky, and decided to take the few thousand dollars worth of CPUs that I'd bought that afternoon, up to my room for the night, and there was absolutely nothing of value in the car, but others in the motel complex weren't so lucky.

They used to do the same thing to break into houses with remote garage doors. Drive down the street with a sequencing transmitter and watch for the opening doors.

In the US, the stuff is far easier to break into. Many of the cars in the late 90s used a fixed code key fob, so they'd rock into a commuter car park really early in the morning, and set up a receiver to record all the radio and infra-red signals as people locked their cars before catching the train. About lunch time they'd play back the recording and one by one the cars would unlock. Some of the IR key fob systems were so piss poor, that you could use a learning TV remote to record and then play back the code.

I broke into a brand new F-150 at the Reno Air Races in 1994 with a coathanger. The people with the F-150 had flattened their battery, and needed a boost. Problem was, to prevent an earlier mode of breaking into US Ford trucks that relied on disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it at which time all the door locks would unlock, they changed the process to lock the doors when the power is reconnected. We connected the jumper cables, and all the doors locked ... with the keys etc in the car. I looked at the position of the door lock/unlock buttons on the inside, borrowed a coat hanger from a guy in a camper, bent it a bit, and fed it around the door glass rubber, and pushed the unlock button. Piece of piss.

Mr Parts
25-05-12, 09:08 AM
thats the oldest trick in the book.. XD-XF and the dipstick. if your keen you can get under them, reach up and pull the dipstick out without having to jump on the bonnet.

Found a junkie sitting in the front of my old zl fairlane with dipstick shoved in ignition barrel. Asked if he needed a hand, just said he was helping his mate start his car lol

He was pulled out just as police turned up farken

Smashed S15 Bloke
26-05-12, 10:24 AM
I'm still amazed that someone attempted to break into my EA and failed...they smashed the lock in and left it at that, cunts.

Some junkie had a go at both door locks of the VP with a screwdriver. Fucken rookies. Everyone knows you can get into them by going between the window glass and the top of door trim. I cant get anyone to steal this Commodore :(

I reckon I could leave it running at midnight at Broadmeadows train station and it would still be there in the morning, lol.

MRGREATWALLMAN
26-05-12, 11:22 AM
I used to have a very troublesome ae82 twincam corolla. It t used to fuck itself out regularly. Once it fucked itself on a friday before a long weekend. So i left it in the work carpark.

Came in on a tuesday to find it had been broken into. Every doorlock had been screwdrivered, and it wouldnt open, so they tried jimmying the locks out of it. Still didnt work so they busted a window, got into it and tried screwdriving and then jimmying the ign lock. That didnt work (wouldnt have ran even if they did).. So they stole 50c of change and a fucked headunit that was sitting on my back seat... Suckers :p

mizone
26-05-12, 09:47 PM
Well you get pulled over by a cop who is having a bad, bad day. They steal your car and send it to an impound. Then two weeks later you get a phone call saying someone stole it from them... wait, what ...

Gruelius
26-05-12, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNB4HKJoZsI

Same process could go for most cars, e.g. e36's have a EWS box and the ecu, could swap both and use a differnt key or just get one with the EWS shit flashed out.

seedyrom
26-05-12, 10:32 PM
Lost the link, but I remember once on ls1.com.au someone put up a link to an aftermarket bcm supplier. Kit came with a bcm plus matching keyheads. Suited Holdens due to the Pontiac GTO export programme.
Was quickly removed from the forum.

Smash window, alarm/horn doesn't go off.
Get in
Under drivers dash reach up and disconnect the loom from the bcm
Plug loom into your new bcm.
Your supplied keyheads will now be able to lock/unlock car with the buttons
Put keyhead into ignition barrel, where keyhead makes contact with the ring thing

It was a legitimate product, as it was a replacement to the $1500 Holden want for a new bcm if yours is broken.
My non car thief head says the keys would need to be cut for the barrel, though I'm sure others have ways around that component.

Gruelius
26-05-12, 10:33 PM
cant they just break the barrel?

seedyrom
26-05-12, 10:35 PM
Probably. I dunno. I'm not abo or leb

seedyrom
26-05-12, 10:57 PM
Oh except when I had an ignition barrel problem I my JB Camira.

Used to run a wire from positive terminal of battery directly to the terminal on the coil. Then I'd push it and clutch start to get it running (I got clutch starting down to a fine art in that car - only needed a metre of two to get it started). Once running I could drive anywhere. Pull up, and would pop the bonnet and remove my "hot wire" to kill the engine.

dhs
27-05-12, 04:20 AM
When I had my R33 I saw a post on SAU apparently
with the pillar less windows they pry them open and use
a coat hanger to hit the unlock passenger side door switch
button. Probably a good idea to pull door trim apart and
disconnect the switch if you have one :)

In WA pretty much all cars have immobilisers now but would
suck to find your valuables gone.

snavy
27-05-12, 06:33 AM
You can do the same with a VT-VZ Commodore but use the hook to pull the lock button.

In WA pretty much all cars have immobilisers now but would
suck to find your valuables gone.[/QUOTE]

leothedrummer
27-05-12, 07:57 AM
Some junkie had a go at both door locks of the VP with a screwdriver. Fucken rookies. Everyone knows you can get into them by going between the window glass and the top of door trim. I cant get anyone to steal this Commodore :(

I reckon I could leave it running at midnight at Broadmeadows train station and it would still be there in the morning, lol.

I was really shitty that in somehow failing to break into my car (how the fuck can you fail at breaking into an EA?), all they had done was inconvenience me because now I had to climb through the passenger door to open the car. So after that I was quite pleased when the drivers window winder fucked out a few months later, as it meant that to get into or out of the car, all I had to do was slide the window up or down and then reach through to lock/unlock it. Always got odd looks, but I thought it was pretty fucking great.

AndyMac
27-05-12, 09:42 AM
If they want the car bad enough, they'll get it.

The easiest way to avoid the electronics or locked doors is with a weapon to your head in your driveway - SAD, but true.

AndyMac
27-05-12, 10:17 AM
If they want the car bad enough, they'll get it.

The easiest way to avoid the electronics or locked doors is with a weapon to your head in your driveway - SAD, but true.

80DGY
27-05-12, 01:48 PM
^ this