Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Pajeros any good?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a new set of tyres on this yesterday. No more irritating squeal on slow cornering. Time to stop spending money on this and start thinking about going back to work.
    Originally posted by Gussy
    It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

Comment

Ok pf gurus, this thing has developed a bit of backlash from 1-2 and 2-3 gear change. It feels like diff not box, any ideas? Getting a service next week sometime so that will probably diagnose the issue. But does any one know of any common drive line problems?
      It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

Comment

Is it a bit of a clunk on clutch during the upshift? Does it still happen clutching in then out?

Comment

They are known to have issues with the driveshaft/hub interface on the left rear hub, causing a bit of a clunk. I know mine has it

Comment

Got a service today from BigJon. Got a pretty clean bill of health bar a couple of small things, brakes and boots and a diagnosis on the clunk which is a tailshaft issue.
            Cheers Jon for sorting me out.
            Up next is sort out brakes!

Comment

good to know another cheap option for a 4x4 under 10k. keep up the good work!
              ~~ ~~
              ~ (**) ~
              ~~ /\~~
              ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Originally posted by SkidFace View Post
                Got a service today from BigJon. Got a pretty clean bill of health bar a couple of small things, brakes and boots and a diagnosis on the clunk which is a tailshaft issue.
                Cheers Jon for sorting me out.
                Up next is sort out brakes!
                PM Kabab. He's your source of cheap brake parts. Helped me out recently.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                X