Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

PF Dirtbike Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep rode 60mins from 2.30-3.30. Packed up just as it came down.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
      Went out today but as I pulled the front down with the ratchet straps the seal pissed out. Constant leak.
      unfortunately i am not surprised this happened next mate. Ive had shit luck with fork seals myself.
      RB26......................Again

Comment

I have found good quality fork seals tend to last longer for me.

Some of the cheap ebay shit where lucky to last a ride
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

The bikes only got 30 hours in 12 years and the seals havenít been done. I sussed out the SKF low friction wiper seals and will get our seal machine to spit out something similar. Stay tuned.
          2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

I've had good runs with the SKF stuff

Went out today but as I pulled the front down with the ratchet straps the seal pissed out. Constant leak. Went out anyway cause I wasnít going to miss damp tracks. It was fucking good. Went OTB when lost the front and low sided.
            Are you using a fork seal saver when you tie it down?

Comment

The SKF seals were originally designed by Economos which they bought out. The green material is called Ecopur thatís a modified thermoset polyurethane. We have our own version of this called Chesterton AWC800.

Whatís the seal saver thingy?
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

One of these, lets you tie the bike in tight without over compressing the forks

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post

One of these, lets you tie the bike in tight without over compressing the forks
                  Wicked, like it needed an excuse for another tool
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                    Went for a ride with a big crew of MVDBR guys yesterday including Africa Twin guy. When he's following you through single trails it feels like you are being hunted down. He said if he goes hard it kills a tyre in one ride. The guy is mid 50s.
                    That vid will be out this coming week.
                    Old mate does a good video. Nice mix of shots. And throwing that AT around must be a hell of a workout.

Comment

I usually use a lump of wood, but have also used a brick, a rock, pavers and once, a coke bottle. It doesn't need to be anodized to work.

Comment

Good call. But everyone loves billet titanium.

Might just get some 4x2 and get my son to hack out a semi-circle
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Wicked, like it needed an excuse for another tool
                          i used a chunk of timber for a year before i splashed out $30 on a real one.
                          www.holditflat.com

Comment

I used an old 1L air filter oil bottle until I bought a bike and the owner threw one of these in.

Comment

Yep I used a plastic one then a milk bottle until it too bounced down the road one trip. They help you tie the bike down more rigidly for sure. And for that reason good for long or particularly rough trips (might reduce spring sag in extreme circumstances?) but I'm sceptical they reduce fork seal wear.

After all, aren't you compressing the forks hundreds or thousands of times each ride? Now I just pull the bike down firmly for almost all trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
                                (might reduce spring sag in extreme circumstances?) but I'm sceptical they reduce fork seal wear.
                                agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X