Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Heavyweight challenge - supra time attack?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Race Spec View Post
    I swapped over to a new set of Hankook Z221's and I shaved 1.5 seconds from my time around Mallala with nothing else changed to the car.
    Thanks good intel, I have gone from 17x8.5 and 9.0 to 18x9.5 and x10 and haven't had it back out yet, it has ku36s on it right now as it's been sitting around, so the 1.02 was on the 48s and 17s.

Originally posted by Race Spec View Post
    It would be a pleasant change for someone to find the right recipe by making a Supra competitive around a circuit because it appears to be a rare occurrence. The RZ Supra at last years SA Time Attack as well as the Supra that competed last year at WTAC didn't exactly set the world alight on the Timing Boards.
    Agreed, and for me probably like everyone else the limiting factor is ability. In retrospect I probably should have bought an mx5 or saved up for an elise to learn to steer first, but went this way because no-one else was running them. RZ's 56sec around QR will take some beating though, I'll be ecstatic when I can get to those numbers. The current crop of gtrs are around 51 second I think as a comparo so competitive is all relative!

Here is a competitive one. http://www.jtm29.net/ steve and his son (an ex motox racer) have got under 60seconds around QR sprint and Lakeside with factory twins, 16psi, cage and a lot of braking and ikeya stuff. They are competitive the open time attack class and won the v8 and rear drive class last year up here.
    Originally posted by thebluerx7
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by 260DET View Post
      I may know of your Dad, has he got a brother who has built a stretched Gemini hybrid?
      No gemini, hybrid what, electric? Pic of the e here.
      Attached Files
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Take it from me, biggest mistake do not solid mount the rear end. Its not a drag car, having no slack on the subframe will make the car rely on tyres only for grip. Swap that for solid mounting all the suspension arms over the rear end to keep your alignment settings still while cornering.

And all my suspension components are made in house in Adelaide from race parts from the USA. I got corner weight scales, downforce meter and mapping sensors on the coilovers to map the movement of the suspension.

Comment

Mate, what are those vortex things near the front wheels all about?

Also did you have to make the carbon doors? I've seen the hatches I think on the net somewhere and given you have corner weight scales, what is your car's current weight as it stands? I need to weigh mine so would be great to see cost benefit on things like the hatch and doors. Also who did the (presumably?) Lexan rear hatch glass? Thanks for posting, this looks serious. :)

Comment

Originally posted by oliveoyl View Post
            No gemini, hybrid what, electric? Pic of the e here.
            Oh My!
            I want that shed. and it's contents.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

first rule of superlapping

big wings!
              Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

so this is booked for Monday week tuning - low and hi boost setting, so cage builder should have the rear of the cage finished by then too. Has been near 12 months since it's been on the road and never been tuned with the 6765 or quick spool valve so keen to see how early we can get her on boost.

Comment

Look forward to the results. There was a pretty serious Red Supra at the 1st Superlap at Oran Park. Think it was out of Victoria. Not sure what happened to it. Was pretty impressive down the straights from memory.
                  http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

3.5L E85 drinking Supra? Independent Motorsports down in Dandenong (I think). Was in an issue of Zoom.

Comment

TBH, My car isnt much from every other single Supra. I run Cusco Coilovers (18/11kg), TMS Sway bars, Semi Slicks, ^ Pot fronts (The OEM 4 Pots were just as good!) GT35r...Almost 4 years like this. I have to get working on the suspension, to get more corner speed out of her. It turns in great, but too much speed it will start to over steer.

Ive found the Supras love the long fast corners, like turn 1 at EC, car is so stable, added big Wing was even better!
                      Originally posted by The Property Guru
                      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                      Originally posted by oxy
                      No, that's asians
                      A80 Supra
                      80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by noobd loves either cawk View Post
                        3.5L E85 drinking Supra? Independent Motorsports down in Dandenong (I think). Was in an issue of Zoom.
                        Yep, I reckon you're right with that. Wonder what happened with it?
                        http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

hey mr punanny i saw your car on rally australia yesterday, did you know they where going to air some footage?
                          https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

They did say there would be some covereage but I didnt think Id get any (Thought it be more for the Rally guys). I haven't seen the footage tho
                            Originally posted by The Property Guru
                            don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                            Originally posted by oxy
                            No, that's asians
                            A80 Supra
                            80 Landcruiser

Comment

Saw Blacks car on the box also this weekend. Comentary was saying how it is the most powerfull Supra in the world :)
                              Looked good on tv mate.

Thread Jack!!

Comment

You're right to put driver training top of your list. Its going to be the best way to drop seconds off your lap times. Do the driver training and get as much time behind the wheel as you can. Shelve plans for anymore mods until you're getting somewhere near what the car can do now. Mods will just mean more time the car spends in the garage, robbing you of time behind the wheel. There's got to be over 5seconds in the car as it is. No other mods are going to give you that much time! Spend the money on driver taining days and track days instead.

One thing on your future mod list - full slicks? Superlap/Time Attack don't allow them, so it's pointless setting the car up around them or getting used to their grip, when you'll have to ditch them for R specs (or worse) to run superlap.

Good luck with it, they're a very under-rated car in my experience - although mine was very very mild (186rwkw stock turbos & boost).

Comment

Working...
                                X