Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Heavyweight challenge - supra time attack?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff but if you havent already purchased your o48s DONT they are dead set RUBBISH.
    Any other R-Spec are far far better.
    Infact o48s are so bad I think they should be banished.

Comment

^^^^ Can not agree more, A048 is the worst semi slick around at the moment. Well almost..........

Agree with hrd too, spend some money on driver training, there are a lot of good ones around. I started with Doug Chappell at QR/Lakeside in the early Timeattack days, and for the little it cost with him I shaved seconds off my lap times. After that I did some time with Paul Stokell, Glenn Seton and finally Nathan Pretty, each one taking time off my lap times to that point. So the order of use is not indicative of their ability to fine tune a driver, its just that each one had a more educated driver to deal with, and to be fair, an improving car.
      Radical SR3
      HSV R8
      BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

^^^cheers. New look with catch can sorted and new intake
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by thebluerx7
        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Fuckity fuck.

So tune didn't go so well. No compression on number 6. Head off next and see what we've got.

I'm now more interested in pf opinions if it is bottom end as have spent the day on brian crower website..
          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

About to pull the trigger here any comments / things to be careful of?

Spool 3.4 Stroker kit
            Flow tested port matched cylinder head
            Cams, 272 degrees duration 10mm nominal lift.
            Arp head bolts
            Arp rod bolts
            Billet main caps
            Cometic head gasket
            Performance valve springs and retainers
            Acl racing bearings
            Ross Balancer

Word from machinist was he did not recommend I waste money on a full port and polish but will flow match the ports and cut valve seats to optimise flow.

Different schools of thought seem to be on the cams but most believe around 272 degrees of advertised duration and about 10mm of lift is about right.

Also update oil pump.

There's not a lot of info I've been able to find on these engines for track use most is drag racing or dyno battles, but this is a torque build, hence the stroker and smallish turbo.

Clutch is an OS Giken push pull so will repair as needed. What do ppl do with flywheel weight? Any benefits or suggestions?

Fuel system and ecu is next decision, it already has 1600cc injectors. It has a microtech, safc at the moment.

Will need to find a good auto electrician to make a custom loom incorporating new Computer ( haltech is the obvious choice) plus digi dash.

I have already got some new coils too.thanks for reading.

Comment

is the motor you got fucked allready? they dont need anything for track use. nada.
              https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

oh wait, thought this was the gorilla supra thread, apologies if you've already talked about engine stuff.
                annnnd... seems you have.

Comment

I think I forgot to update after pulling head, number 6 melted, number 5 badly damaged. Has only ever had 17psi through it with me so who knows prior history, either that or loose injector wire on no. 6 killed it but doesn't explain detonation on number 5....in any case rebuild required

Comment

That sux man. Just bout another OEM 2J.
                    Originally posted by The Property Guru
                    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                    Originally posted by oxy
                    No, that's asians
                    A80 Supra
                    80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 2domn8 View Post
                      Take it from me, biggest mistake do not solid mount the rear end. Its not a drag car, having no slack on the subframe will make the car rely on tyres only for grip. Swap that for solid mounting all the suspension arms over the rear end to keep your alignment settings still while cornering.
                      err wtf?

Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                      Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

I'd agree with MR-PUNANNY . just whack another stockie in there and get busy learning to drive it.

Will probably cop a heap of shit for saying this (I always do when I mention lap times) but 312kw and 1.02.44 at QR Sprint on A048s is not good. My 186rwkw JZA80 with the early small brakes, Tein coilovers and KU36's ran 1:01.4, and that was immediately after someone had an oil-down on the apex of turn 1 so the track was not at its fastest by any means. A 312rwkw Supra with half reasonable suspension and semis should be doing 56s or better IMO. A 3.4 stroker with cams and headwork is only going to make more power and be harder to learn to drive. You've still got an effectively free 6seconds to find in the car without blowing thousands on an engine build which will keep you off the track longer...

Comment

Agree with the above post. Will hate to compare an animal like a Supra with my little shitter but in getting used to the car the times have been coming down fater when in the lowest boost setting. We still dont run full boost(330kw) yet!!

Comment

Agreed and appreciate the above ^.

I could also buy an mx-5, but won't.

Let's not confuse the issues of becoming a better driver and fixing a broken car into what I want it to be. There's other vehicles I am lucky enough to be able to punt around whilst building this.

No way I'm putting an unknown bottom end back in it - buy cheap, buy twice. I could also just swap 2 pistons out which would be even cheaper and last forever or not.

I don't know, it should be able to do a 56sec with 312kw, but looking through natsoft, it doesn't seem that anyone has done this on a similar tune either, or have I missed it? Rz has, I think he has more power though?

I'm really keen on feedback from anyone who's built a competition 2J and has some results?

Comment

Originally posted by UZZ31 View Post
                              err wtf?
                              yeah id also like some clarification of this idea. i would have thought solid subframe = better alignment due to stiff chassis = better handling. or have I got it all wrong?

Comment

i got more than 312rwkw by a long way, but id say fucks me up as far as being consistant, mostly because im shit at judging braking distance, either way too early or bit too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X