Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Commodore of Death (Murray)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't the V6 supercharged? Or is it shagged?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Should be fun. When you start shredding through a set of rears every stage let me know. Have quite the stockpile of decent 15s in Pirelli, Dunlop and mrf laying around.
      I have stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        Wasn't the V6 supercharged? Or is it shagged?
        Was originally SC - No motor or gearbag when purchased
        Race Car: VT Commodore (Murray)
        www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ914 View Post
          Was originally SC - No motor or gearbag when purchased
          I sold the motor supercharger separately when I was parting he project out. . Gearbag was used in a gearboxing..

Looking forward to seeing this thing running Gaz... [emoji3]

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
          2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

New screen in

New discs (came with car) fitted and new Goodridge braided lines. Had to make the lines myself as we were out of stock!

Then it was time to take it home
            www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Engine & Box (like nobody has seen an LS1/T56 before!)

Oil leak from rear of engine.

I see why

Fitted new gasket, seal and bolted on an Exedy 5Puk Heavy Duty Clutch Kit (no pics)
              This has Single Mass Flywheel, new cylinder and 32% more Clamp than Factory - should do.

Blue car had these bolt-on Momo pedals rather than the clip-on HSV ones that came with the car.
              www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Rowdy had started to fill in the rear firewall with some aluminium (best pics I have).

I decided to do it in sheet metal instead.

Firstly, the hole was made a bit squarer, then cut a piece of sheet to about the right shape and welded it in.
                There is some underbody deadener to hide some of the welding sins and a couple of small filler pieces sikaflexed in around the cage.
                Splashed some more silver paint around.

Haven't finished the parcel shelf yet - waiting to get the tank in for the final time.
                www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Inside the boot - with the start of the fuel system.
                  RCI 57 litre tank, feeding a Bosch 044 to a BA fuel filter to a Turbosmart 1200 regulator.

Tank Frame and straps made.

RCI tank has the fuel coming out the top. I'm welding a small 'sump' to the bottom of the tank and pulling the fuel from there.
                  No surge tank for this one. Also going to add some foam into the tank to stop a bit of fuel slosh.
                  www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Teamgemini View Post
                    Should be fun. When you start shredding through a set of rears every stage let me know. Have quite the stockpile of decent 15s in Pirelli, Dunlop and mrf laying around.
                    Thoughts Pirelli vs. Dunlop? I've found whilst not wearing super fast the Dunlops can go off towards the end of a longer stage. Keen to try Pirelli or BF Goodrich.

Comment

Originally posted by Tardinator View Post
                      Thoughts Pirelli vs. Dunlop? I've found whilst not wearing super fast the Dunlops can go off towards the end of a longer stage. Keen to try Pirelli or BF Goodrich.
                      When i was using them, the Dunlops would go off at around 15km in, the Pirelli's would go a bit longer at 25-30km and the Michelin's were the pick gripping all the way to canvas on acceleration. Usually about 30-35km. Biggest problem was superheating all brands through wheel spin. Once they got real hot there was no real braking grip. All over brands were rubbish and new tyres were worth the money in stage times. This was with a 270kw vk Commodore

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
                      Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Thanks Swill. Do you know who the NSW distributor is for Pirelli and Michelin?

Also agreed - I found the Dunlops would go off about 20kms into the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tardinator View Post
                          Pirelli. Scott from Bendigo tyres is the man. A little bit more expensive but worth it. I tried buying Michelin but fucked if anyone would sell them.

What sort of car?
                          I have stuff...

Comment

Couldn't really buy Pirelli or Michelin new when I was racing. But being in Canberra there was a lot of testing/Bates/Asia Pacific run here so getting hold of good second hand ones wasn't that hard when you looked around. Mostly I used to run new 215 Dunlop 86s straight off the truck at events and hope for the best. Like Teamgemini says, Bendigo tyres is the go to for Pirelli and Simon Evans seems to be running BFG so you must be able to get them somewhere. Also not sure where you are but Dunlops were cheaper from the NSW guy than the Vic guy by the tune of about $50 a tyre. A few of the boys got caught one Alpine on that one!
                            Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Thanks guys - it's a RWD Datsun.

Comment

Give the super softs on the front and medium/soft on the rear a go. Bit more negative on the front if your swapping over from the Dunlop steers. Mate did this a few years and loves it. From the passenger seat it feels good. Can't drive it because he's a lanky cunt and can't reach the pedals haha

If you want some mrf I'll have a fuckload after this week. Will be going straight back on the Pirellis.
                                I have stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X