Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Lance - The World's Slowest Race Car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
    If you're sticking with calling it Lance you should get one of those brass nutsack tow bar things on the back and cut one ball off.
    Haha - that is gold!

Car had another session at SMSP trying to avoid faster cars with a couple of the team who hadn't driven it before. Next weekend the Notta GP 6 hour is on at Lakeside. Going to be a busy weekend towing it up on the Saturday, racing on Sunday 1st July, and towing it (or whatever is left of it) back on the Monday.

Anyone who is going to be at the track on Sunday make sure you come say G'day & don't be a stranger!

Last minute preperation.... of course this had to happen! Big thanks to Neil_se at Signs on Time it was really easy to throw these on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8144.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	6614988
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Are you aware of Lakeside's noise restrictions?

Comment

Yeah noted thanks - it had a gaping hole in the exhaust so we've fixed that and we've put a muffler on it to hopefully keep it under the limit. Fingers crossed!
        Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans
        If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Is that a popped collar on a pink shirt?
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

It's mauve

Proper (looking) race car now.
            LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
              Is that a popped collar on a pink shirt?
              Haha! Not quite up to TJ standards, it is the cheap east cost rip off version, faded purple with floppy collars. A real go to shirt for me, I wear it every time I apply stickers!
              Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                It was making some horrible noises on fast RH corners under load (you can hear it in the video). We made some bush mechanic modifications to try and fix it but unfortunately in vain as it was just a busted CV.
                You named it Lance, so it mislead you

Comment

Typical Lance! All ready to head up pre-dawn tomorrow morning now. Pretty excited. Hard to put into words how exciting this thing is to drive.
                  Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans

Comment

Haha! Not quite up to TJ standards, it is the cheap east cost rip off version, faded purple with floppy collars. A real go to shirt for me, I wear it every time I apply stickers!
                    Proud of your effort either way!

:D
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Well, it was actually an awesome weekend driving this thing up at Lakeside in QLD over the weekend.

Turns out it isn't the fastest race car on the planet, as we were actually the fastest car on the track. New muffler and hole in exhaust worked a treat and we didn't get thrown off for noise. Managed the event on 2 tanks of fuel, a single set of used tyres and pads. Absolutely nil mechanical complaints or crazy off track excursions which surprised us all.

Official Natsoft:
                      http://racing.natsoft.com.au/6497286...904.85X/View?1

First time we've done a regularity event and clearly no entrants respected the rules and just did whatever they wanted to. Which is fine, we only realized this at the end and had a decent crack at it then. We had 6 of us driving which I reckon was the right amount of driving.

We'll definitely look to do an event like that again. Perhaps something closer to home given the time and effort required to cover 22 hours in a tow car up to QLD & back!

We are eyeing off some coilovers and a set of lighter wheels/tyres (XR6 rims are not the lightest thing out there, or ideal offset). Reckon that it'll pick up a fair bit of speed with those changed. Aside from that we'll probably need to do the gearbox fluid at some point but it is ready for another round!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8250.JPG
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	6615096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8249.JPG
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	6615097Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8248.JPG
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	6615098Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8251.JPG
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	6615099Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8252.JPG
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	6615100
                      Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans

Comment

As there was great interest in this iconic race car it is my unfortunate job to inform the world that the decision has been made to move on, and Lance has been sold. We'll never forget how obnoxious he sounded with the exhaust leak, or how ridiculous it was that it set the fastest lap at Lakeside Notta GP 2018, or the understeer.

Hopefully the new owners will put it to more use than the neglect the he was subjected to, stored on his lonesome in a rented garage.
                        Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans

Comment

As there was great interest in this iconic race car it is my unfortunate job to inform the world that the decision has been made to move on, and Lance has been sold. We'll never forget how obnoxious he sounded with the exhaust leak, or how ridiculous it was that it set the fastest lap at Lakeside Notta GP 2018, or the understeer.

Hopefully the new owners will put it to more use than the neglect the he was subjected to, stored on his lonesome in a rented garage.
                          Nooooo

Long live lance!
                          Originally posted by thebluerx7
                          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Where was the PF for sale ad?! We messaged you right after you sold it. We need a lemons car to beat on hard and this was perfect!

Comment

Haha it was called lance because it's a lancer
                              Originally posted by E-Z
                              If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.

Comment

We actually called him Lance because he was missing ball(s) and was the colour of Lance Armstrongs tainted piss (nb: never actually verified)
                                Find your Freedom

Click for PF Loans

Comment

Working...
                                X