Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the engine swap was easy, which is why it took me 18 months to finish it. :huh:

Tailshaft happens when I have money. I've been spending way too much lately and the wallet is hurting!
    Norbie!

Comment

LOL...never said it was easy.:knock: Was it really 18 months?
      Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

It took me 18 months to finish it.
        Slackers...
        10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
        Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Yup car was off the road for 18 months... actual work done was probably more like 18 days. :rotflol:
          Norbie!

Comment

I'm starting to think that is a good way to do it. It makes it affordable and you wouldn't get burnt out on it....
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Hmmm, hope those welds to the transmission tunnel 'inserts' were completed, even a Toyota needs its structural strength.

Signed: Messrs Picky & Fussy Inc.
              Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
              ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
              ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
              ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by 260DET
                Hmmm, hope those welds to the transmission tunnel 'inserts' were completed, even a Toyota needs its structural strength.

Signed: Messrs Picky & Fussy Inc.
                Don't make me do more work ;)... you reakon?

Comment

Originally posted by rbman
                  Don't make me do more work ;)... you reakon?
                  Sorry, but yes, its structural.

And how come Bigmuff didn't pick that up, eh, eh???? :knock:
                  Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                  ― Jim C. Hines

― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Honestly, it could do with a bit more, but i wouldn't stay up worrying about it. Stitch welding is plenty strong.

(I actually agree Richard, but these guys aren't idiots. They can take their chances :D)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuz
                      but these guys aren't idiots.
                      Have you ever met Norbie :D:D?

Comment

:rotflol:

I have really feeling the PF love lately.

:sandyvag:
                        10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
                        Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Gotta pick on Soupras every chance you get, blame Rz :)

― Jim C. Hines

― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

huh ?
                            shutup old man.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Well, I have another stab at it, but I still reakon that the shapely channels that are everywhere offer more structural rigitidy than filler wire... hmmmm filler wire must remember to pinch some more tomorrow...

Comment

norbie , has shortening the shifter rod and cradle up so much affected the geometry adversely ?
                                im about to take 50mm out of mine , and it looks like youve taken much more than that ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Working...
                                X