Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

VS UTE 5L- Wayne Gardner Racing ugliness.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep lots of memories from back in the day, have a few pics of the Wagon airborne heading down the kink at OP North somewhere.
    If in doubt power out

Comment

pretty sure i still have that issue of street commodores floating around somewhere
      Originally posted by Mr Jones
      Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Ute looks better than most modern HSV efforts.
        Originally posted by oioioioioi
        I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
        Originally posted by Sketchy
        Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

I think I attended a drift day at OP once when you were driving, I was driving a little silver KE70. Or it could have been when my mate was driving, we used to share the car. /CSH

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evo 7 View Post
            Good times.

Those early years were NSW drifting in it's prime.

I recall seeing a WGR VS One-Tonner once, in the same colour, with Momo 20s on it.
            Hell yes. Was some of the best times of my life out there, was just normal dudes having fun. Sadly it's nothing like that today. Full of flat brim cockheads and politics and people trying to win HP hero's.
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post
              Yep lots of memories from back in the day, have a few pics of the Wagon airborne heading down the kink at OP North somewhere.
              Ummmm....... this one?

Why are all my pictures on here of me crashing or being rubbish? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by EVOSTi View Post
                I think I attended a drift day at OP once when you were driving, I was driving a little silver KE70. Or it could have been when my mate was driving, we used to share the car. /CSH
                Was it a night drift? Was it turbo'd? I do remember going up against a silver KE in one of the regular friday night comps.

Comment

We took it out a couple of times on a Friday night, never did any competition though. Just had a very tired NA 4AGE.

Comment

Now back to the ute.
                    With the new VL wagon finished and debuted, the ute was officially retired from drifting. Time to start returning it back into something a bit more respectable.
                    We used to have a rep from Talon bodykits come into work weekly. Talon actually did the original kit for WGR, so i got him to supply me a new front bar for the price of free. Score! He was also rummaging around at Talon and managed to find me a brand new genuine WGR metal bonnet badge hidden in a drawer. Double score! When i first got the ute, the proper bonnet badge had been stolen and was replaced with an HSV one, as well as the engine cover emblem.

I found out that another company we dealt with at work, Scope, actually did the original stickers for the WGR cars. And after talking to their rep/fitter i found out they still had the files for all the stickers on their computers. Fuck yeah. The next week i had a full brand new complete sticker kit ready to go on after a respray. (umm respray never happened, and i still have them stored away with my new bonnet badge)

Off with the sad old bar

And on with the new

The new bar fit like a fucking glove! No mods needed except for drilling a couple of mounting holes. Fucking amazing!
                    It stayed in primer for a while, eventually i got around to getting it painted.

The mini spooled diff came out and made it's way into the wagon, and was replaced with a standard LSD.
                    And a fresh look with Monaro 18's, wing relocated to local tip, and the troublesome Quig tonneau joining the wing and replaced by a regular hard top.

Once again, a good camera hides many sins.

It continued on as my daily driver, towing shit, carrying all manner of shit in the tray, generally being used as a ute would.

Then came another wheel change to VX GTS 19's

Towed the boss's boat. (well i moved it around the workshop anyway. yes i know the jockey wheel is down, the photo was an afterthough as i was unhooking it)

Comment

Some time later the GTS rims were removed for another VL project. I wanted something new.
                      I came across the ROH Raceline rims. These looked a lot like old V8 Supercar rims.

Especially when you paint them white. I also had Scope make me up some WGR stickers for them in the proper WGR font for a personal touch.

At this point the ugly sticker fucked VL (wtf was i thinking? I just kept chucking stickers over the shit paint as i got them. God it looked awful) drift car was gone, and in it's place was a 180sx RB20det for skid duties, as well as a new car trailer to lug it around on.

And it rocked some 16in B45s for a little while to go with the 15in V5s on the trailer. I have A.D.D.

More to come, including whatever pics i find and can be fucked uploading. And the current sad state it's in and future plans....

Comment

Those wgr cars used to give me a horn back when they were new. :huh:

Does look tops with the white wheels on.

Comment

Pretty cool and uncommon ute and yep the white rims are sweet!
                          1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

looked great on the VX GTS rims.
                            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Should've kept the Enkei G Zero's uleh:p
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                                looked great on the VX GTS rims.
                                Yeah looking back now i think so too. I checked on prices on ebay out of curiosity, fuck me dead people want a fortune for them! I sold mine for a grand, repainted and with good tread Pirelli P zeros. Doh!

Found more pics of them, shit quality from an early camera phone, but still looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X