Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in QLD?
    You want me to go over the paint first before it's sent over to Perf?

Comment

Soooo,

this car has a story :)

The guy who originally commissioned the build was Stewart Rolfe. Is this the guy Gammaboy? Dodgy banker that went to the bum farm for ripping off a credit union. T and D did the build. I have seen over 60k in receipts. Prior to going to the big house the car was punted off to the guy I am buying it off. He stole it off the guy when he bought it and is passing it on for what I reckon is a very fair price.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...125-1qh1p.html

Thanks for the offer re a paint check. Marlin is also very nearby and has made the offer to check it out. T and D will do a thorough check for tin worm. Really only worried about major strucctural stuff. The guy has been very straight up and sent detailed photos of the car close up where it has copped some stone chips from days out at Lakeside.

Comment

yeah, unfortunately '74 is pre full body galvanizing so rust is something to be very cautious of

I can vouch for the thourough-ness of TD Automotive though, they're straight shooters and will tell it how it is, even if it is one of their customers cars

Comment

^^^ Yeah, the rust was my main concern.

Good to know re T and D. They have been great thus far.

Comment

BP, if you need a good towie to get it about let me know mate.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
              Soooo,

this car has a story :)

The guy who originally commissioned the build was Stewart Rolfe. Is this the guy Gammaboy?
              Nope - checked with my mate, he started with an 81, and didn't go wide body.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

ps. if you're not on there already checkout www.porscheforum.com.au

Comment

Thanks Marlin. Just toying with whether I fly to Bizvegas, drive it to radelaide and train it from there, (fuck driving the nullabor again) or truck it all the way. Will prob come down to time.

Have been stalking PFA but not actually signed up. May have reason to now :)

Comment

let us know if you're going to be in Brisbane for a bit and we'll tee up a drive with other porsche weirdos

Comment

Nice one. Bitsas are definitely the way to go if you want to drive them hard and modify in the current climate.
                      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
                        let us know if you're going to be in Brisbane for a bit and we'll tee up a drive with other porsche weirdos
                        Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                          Thanks Marlin. Just toying with whether I fly to Bizvegas, drive it to radelaide and train it from there, (fuck driving the nullabor again) or truck it all the way. Will prob come down to time.

Have been stalking PFA but not actually signed up. May have reason to now :)
                          Fuck driving. I actually have a really good guy that MC and I have used to take "the good stuff" from Brisbane south. Might be a good option for you. He has a one car truck, and banks on back loading so is just crazy cheap.
                          My other guy is a local towy, careful and mates rates.

Comment

^^^ Thanks again. Will see how the PPI goes and then get in touch. A move south (Melbs?) and then containerized rail transport from there might be the go.

Comment

Also check Ceva too. I've used them a few times now. Mainly Brisbane > Melbourne though.
                              The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

^^^ Will do. They were always my preferred moving rally cars east west. Always had a good run with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X