Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

So had been feeling I needed to experience a Porka at least once in my car owning life. After kicking around many ideas I landed on the decision a hotrod Porsche was the way forward. Not interested in the low kms matching numbers Aussie delivered cars that all the purists rub one out to. I want to drive it and not care about how many kms I put on it, track it, maybe mod it a bit and not worry about violating a colectible. So I put an add on scum tree. Among other things it turned up this car. An Aussie delivered 74 body built up into a 964RS clone with 3.6 engine built to RS spec (non vram) wide body, trick suspension, GT3 brakes etc etc. full ground up build by T and D in brissy in 2010. Shit tonne of receipt. Owned by an older guy retiring. Subject to nothing untoward in the PPI this week, the deal will be done.

Has a CAMS certified cage with removable side intrusion so should be a good weekday toy and weekend track blaster with the capacity to do more serious Motorsport should it be required.

Sounds like a great pickup
    AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Hells yeah!

Comment

How have I failed so much at life to be the only cunt on this forum without one :(
        Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I too, welcome our new Porka driving overlord
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

looks good, brisbane car? got any plans for it?

where are you getting the PPI done?

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Yeah, Brisbane car. Built by T and D so will go back to them for PPI.

Plan will be to tidy it up cosmetically. Body is a bit stone chipped etc from some track work. Also will tidy the interior. Thoughts are retro GT3, so black alcantara dash with red stitching, some carbon dash panels etc. maybe some bonkers dish wheels for the street and use the ones on it for some track rubber. that's about it for a start as its a pretty good thing out of the box.

Comment

does this older retiring guy want to sell his 930? lol (although with things the way they are i'm sure he's already been asked 11ty billion times)

Comment

As per phone conversation this morning, well done son, I am proud.
                    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Yeah nice man!

Can I has your wheels lol.
                      Originally posted by S
                      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Mate that looks unreal! I too have always wanted i nice 964 or 993 but then i think it's sacrilege, not to mention huge $$$ risk to track it and treat it like crap. So a hot rod is a great idea to have something that looks the goods but isn't too exy, and just enjoy thrashing it :)

Comment

Nice work mate! It looks great. I had been waiting to hear from you re this after we spoke.

Comment

If there's yellow paint under there, I know the guy who built it originally.
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Very nice, congrats :)
                              Dino!
                              Insta @d7.nine

2001 996 911 Turbo
                              1991 964 911 C2
                              1966 912 SWB 3-guage - [Build thread]
                              1956 356A T1 Coupe - [Build Thread Soon]
                              1957 VW Split Kombi 11-Window - Sold [Build thread]
                              1954 VW Oval Beetle 3-fold sunroof - Sold [Build thread]

Comment

Working...
                              X