Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can buy all that suspension shit plus better aftermarket stuff fairly easily and "relatively" cheaply. I think this is calling out for a light weight high revving V8 donk and frankenstien Exige GT3 body panels. Motor from an E92 M3 would be nice.

otherwise 2JZ

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
      can buy all that suspension shit plus better aftermarket stuff fairly easily and "relatively" cheaply. I think this is calling out for a light weight high revving V8 donk and frankenstien Exige GT3 body panels. Motor from an E92 M3 would be nice.

otherwise 2JZ
      Yes. BMW motor would be sweet!
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

H1 V8 90 kg 400 hp @ 10000 rpm

Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
        Originally posted by ALLMTR
        Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
          Step one will be sorting a donor vehicle from which to steal the required metric shitload of basic bits from
          Step 1 ....then x eleventy
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Chassis has a few dings in unimportant spots, but is otherwise entirely straight/true.

No v8/v6, lol

Seriously unneeded, gearbox headfucks a plenty, space issues etc. 300hp from 2L something is going to be insanely rapid, and hardly stretching said 2L. I'm hoping for ~800-850kg, so if tickle 350hp, it'll be around 2.4:1 kg/hp. Fuck me, that'll do I think haha.

Plus... It has to be an oem motor with known (min) euro3 emissions. Hence audi 1.8t idea. Parts everywhere, and 320hp all day long
            Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
            "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Eliseparts in the UK and Elise-Shop in Holland do suspension, steering, brakes etc and some VX220/Speedster specific parts.

Vauxhall/Opel 2 litre was standard and they had a turbo version. No reason you couldn't run the standard turbo drivetrain with a few tweaks and wind the boost up for 350HP. Supercharged Honda K20A would also be an option but probably more expensive. I've seen them run >400HP with street drivable tunes.
              Lotus Europa from around 2006 was basically the VX220 with a coupe body but they are relatively rare and have become highly sought after.
              If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

If you want carbon GT3 widebody, I believe Lachy at Prep'd still has all the moulds last time I checked.

You really don't need a lot of power in that chassis. Splurge on susp and body over donk. 300 - 350 is PLENTY to be stupidly quick.

Comment

Come in spinner...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	6599826

Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	6599827
                  Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                    Hence audi 1.8t idea. Parts everywhere, and 320hp all day long
                    Plus it's been done many times before. There is an Audi powered one in Sydney.
                    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

This should be pretty interesting. Good luck man.

Comment

id be looking at saabs b234r.... it bolts to a vauxhall gearbox and the internals will see 500bhp. plus the stock ecu is mappable.
                        Originally posted by Marv
                        Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Jebus thats cool. Whats a decent complete/running/rego'd/etc one cost over there?
                          #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

innerdasting

this world of euro engines is so new to me. its fucking badly with my head.
                            Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

in the LHD part of europe, straight stock NAs go for around €15-20k and turbos around €20-25k (more or less)

in RHD land, theyre way cheaper, an NA will go for €10-15k and a turbo €15-20k

above chassis cost me trailer hire and about 800km worth of boredom

Im hoping il can get a very personally hi-spec'd finished thing with +300hp running and rego'd for €10-15k.

now double that, and expect completion in 2022
                              Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Been reading about what folks do with the brakes on these things.

Seems to be 2 camps. First say the standard brakes (288mm AP twin piston front, 288mm tiny brembo sliding single piston rear (with cable handbrake) when fitted with good pads are more than enough. Some cooling needs for track use.

Camp 2's upgrades typically revolve around 295 and 308mm rotors (front) with 4 piston AP calipers of varying sorts. Rears are either left alone, or also upgraded to 295/308mm with adapters to mount the front 2 pots at the back.

Folks who tend to go for these big brakes tend to be a bit more "look at my AP sticker through the spokes" types. Though I'm sure they also do work a chunk better than stock.

Interestingly (and this is the bit I LOVE about modding cars) both the lotus Europa S and the Tesla Roadster are based in the lotus 116 chassis. The Europa S around 2006 has basically the same brakes, then they changed the whole chassis and suspension. The Tesla Roadster however stuck with the lotus chassis, but to help slow down a tonne of batteries, they got some bespoke 308mm rotors at all 4 corners.

Some bloke sent me an email as he's got a set of Tesla rotors/hubs/uprights/calipers. I hadn't clued onto this otherwise...

Basically, it seems that the Tesla uses a) the same suspension components and geometry as the lotus b) the uprights are a different casting for the Tesla (from lotus) designed to put the calipers out the 10mm required for the bigger disc. I think the calipers themselves are the same as std lotus, but I'm not 100%, there might be a small difference in radial standoff (combined with the altered uprights to achieve the 10mm increased disc).

Either way... Might be a decent compromise between mega $$ AP brake upgrade, and actually functional bigger brakes, for no more money than just regular brakes.

308 on all corners, with decent pads. Should stop ok.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...-brake-upgrade

Size:	582.8 KB
ID:	6599852

Size:	624.7 KB
ID:	6599853
                                Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Working...
                                X