Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eds Lotus 116 GT3

So after much head scratching, this came up...

Lotus 116
    aka Vauxhaull VX220

2002 build year going by the VIN, first registered 2004. Original LHD, NA 2.2L ecotec Z22SE 5sp, only 35000km prior to be being driven sideways into some Armco, and then stripped for bits by flatbrimmer and co.

Went through TV inspection in August, so is technically certified and registered Till 8/2017. A bit arbitrary, but allows a bit of freedom getting it rebuilt and running withou jumping through massive hoops in the meantime. Then makes a good basis for further shenanigans once project rebuild is finished

No fixed ideas with how this'll unfold. Ideally I'd like 300-320hp and a 6sp box. Need to decide which direction to go with bodywork, suspension and interior likewise.

Step one will be sorting a donor vehicle from which to steal the required metric shitload of basic bits from, including some basic stock engine configuration, just so we can get it running and driving in 'basic form', and then I can drag the bigger things stepwise through certification (way easier than expecting TV certification of everything at once).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	6631244

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	6631243

Skid pics tomorrow
    Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
    So after much head scratching, this came up...

Lotus 116
    aka Vauxhaull VX220

2002 build year going by the VIN, first registered 2004.
    Um the VIN appears to be the only "part" you have. :)
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

In on JUAN!
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Originally posted by Marv
      Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

And a loom, plus the rego papers.

Half cut and a tank of gas

Nah, they're pretty simple things, not a lot to them. Original LHD with German rego are worth a bomb, this cost me sfa, basically just a days worth of fucking around to go pick it up. Its sure a bit of a pita way to start a project, but to be fair, I would've stripped a whole car down to basically this anyway.
        Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

​cool jetski bra
          www.holditflat.com

Comment

also doubles as an F111 ejection capsule?:

Comment

340R style body?

Or maybe a Maclaren M8F body?

GT40 Spyder?
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                  Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                    Oh wow, yes, do this!
                    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Originally posted by Marv
                    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
                    Originally posted by nutttr
                    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

this body i can purchase:

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Hmm.

Comment

There's a company doing a Tipo 33 Stradale body for the Elise...

Comment

The yellow body you posted with one of those Hayabusa V8 things in the back, otherwise you gay.
                              Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                              Originally posted by ALLMTR
                              Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Working...
                              X