Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Not another fucking MX-5, what is this faggotry?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delrin door bushes installed. Super simple, definitely less door rattles.
    New wiper blades installed
    Clear side repeater installed
    Spare wheel well now has three good coats of high zinc primer on it

Part of the lighting issue sorted helps if the RH headlight wiring is plugged in properly
    Also removed the green underdash 'mood lighting' which was pretty bodgy - power taken by wedging wires into one of the main loom plugs near the fuse box, earth was wrapped around a screw. Wires are soldered to the switch, and wrapped in tape.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
      Mazdaspeed mounts were 130 ish the pair
      fuck that's pricey, mania???

Comment

Originally posted by Swang View Post
        fuck that's pricey, mania???
        Couldn't be bothered looking harder at the time. ;)

I'll just book in an old next cut and colour next week and it'll pay for the difference ;)

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake

Comment

Waiting for golden week to finish in Japan to get my cusco lsd on the way.
          Have ordered new mazdaspeed diff bushes as well.

Looking for anunbroken windscreen Cowl trim the doesn't cost a million dollars like new one.

Here are pics of the delrin door bushes and clear indicators Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462317754823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	6602423Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462317765733.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	6602424

Comment

Door jam dirty.
            Please clean

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
              Door jam dirty.
              Please clean
              Lol. I wont post a pic rest of the car then after the last nightime Hills run

Replacement windscreen Cowl trim sourced - from lightyears nb8b shell he recently sold. It's in the post today

Diff bushes are about to leave the US via shipito, bought from good win in the US. Will be landed for under 130 aud

Comment

Not sure what difference the diff bushes make, I never noticed anything. The only set I got where given to me. I should buy the door bushes, I can see that helping. How much was it?
                NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
                NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
                VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Comment

I figure since the diff has to come out to put the cusco centre in, it makes sense to change the 18 year old bushes while we're there. Same reason I bought engine mounts.

Door bushes are from AT performance - roughly 60 dollars.

Comment

Extinguisher bracket is nifty. Make me one :D

You going to enter the motorkhana at the end of the month with this?
                    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Thanks johnno. Seriously scrap 3 mm ally and an angle grinder plus And 20 minutes. Maybe. , Trackschool on the 18th is a definite though

Comment

i just used superpro diff bushes from ebay stock ones are annoying things to press out.

come to the skid pan so i can see what the fuss is about these door bushes
                        www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                          Thanks johnno. Seriously scrap 3 mm ally and an angle grinder plus And 20 minutes. Maybe. , Trackschool on the 18th is a definite though
                          I'll steel (heh) some from simsy. He's got plenty in that hotrod he's got :D
                          Fair few people I know are heading up for that. Should be a good day man.

Also >
                          Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                          come to the skid pan so i can see what the fuss is about these door bushes
                          If he was cool he'd have not ignored my invites and come.

Him and buzz should rock up during the day anyway. Nopics would appreciate getting her hair done at some form of motorsport event :D

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                            I'll steel (heh) some from simsy. He's got plenty in that hotrod he's got :D
                            Fair few people I know are heading up for that. Should be a good day man.

Also >

If he was cool he'd have not ignored my invites and come.

Him and buzz should rock up during the day anyway. Nopics would appreciate getting her hair done at some form of motorsport event :D
                            Yeah should be fun as.

No point skidpanning til the proper diff is in. 4th of June yeah? I'll bring the car down and we can talk bush and blow waves

Comment

Yeah good point man. Next one bro ;)

Comment

I think you'll like the Cusco. I've heard good things about them.

I found the limits of the Torsen - lifting the inside rear on corners like T8 at SMP or the Fishhook at WP. When the wheel lifts, the Torsen turned into an open diff.

My car has an OSG now - no complaints.
                                MX5 (2B/4B)

WP: 1:06.13 || SMPGP: 1:46.84 || SMPS: 1:01.5 || SMPN: 1:14.44 || Winton: 1:34.13

Comment

Working...
                                X