Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

1979 Valiant CM Regal 'Survivor' Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is coming together so nicely. Having seen your mini up close I shouldn’t be surprised.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Thought I'd let the old girl out for some sunlight today.

Off to get wired!

Comment

Yip yip awesome man! Shit just keeps getting realer! It'll be done tonight, engine in Saturday morning and at Power on Petrie Saturday arvo yeh? :)
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

The reality TV engine conversion process! Maybe Sunday.

I’ll be happy if the first start is in 2019.

Comment

I can beat that.....

I'll be happy to just see my car, let alone any progress in 2019......

So far all I've seen is money being transferred on a regular basis from my account to one that says Charger Resto....

Looking good in white in the back of the tilt tray.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking nice mate ;) Timmy is excited to start filling your car with copper.
              I rekon you are going to have a much easier time, now that I can supply you with a startup tune for your haltech. Was a serious FUCK.

Alternator issue is still ongoing for me, you might want to look into that. I'll keep you in the loop if I can get anything working.
              Happy to chat if you want to pick my brain over anything too mate!! No point reinventing the wheel. Because it's a pretty lumpy / out of round wheel from what i've found....

Comment

Thanks for that, it's great having someone doing the groundwork!

The alternator issue looks like one of those ones that has multiple solutions. Andrew Dunnet who did my engine mounts just used an externally regulated alternator with one of those Mopar Performance regulators:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...9794/overview/

Though Tim seems to have a plan for it which I don't 100% understand. It involves a light, I know!

I feel really badly for your situation - must be extremely frustrating to have the engine in the car running, but not well enough to actually drive. At least my engine is still on the opposite side of the garage.

Comment

Interdasting. I have used pretty much the same regulator, and was advised by Quick Start that I would need a modified driver for the alternator as well. So I dutifully did both, and it still doesn't work.
                  I used this:
                  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADJUSTAB...72.m2749.l2649
                  And this:
                  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Modified...72.m2749.l2649

Do you know what alternator Andrew used? I am about ready to top myself.

Comment

Yep. He used a 3438150271 Voltage Regulator with one of these these:

Here's the thread on the G3 Hemi group page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I found your post a few above that!

Comment

I see that's the compact 160amp unit. I had to replace the driver in mine so that it worked the same as yours, hence was then supposed to work with the external reg.... interesting indeed! Thanks brah!

Comment

saw this and thought of you - missed opportunity with your resto
                        Attached Files

Comment

chuffed with himself
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for bumping this thread!
                            Mr Purple what the fuck is going on? Keep checking back for an update.....

Comment

As I recall the first Australian production Valiant ended up as a roo shooter with some modifications almost as extreme as that!

She's off at Tim's getting wired. So while there's progress being made it's not particularly visual. Still happening though!

Comment

doing stuff. not alot, will be full steam ahead once im back from a trip to the USA. Expect pix.

Comment

Working...
                                X