Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

2016 mx5

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So was thinking about taking some compression out of this shit box, are thicker gaskets still a thing these days? Will prob put some rods in it aswell,
    only one company does them at the moment, they are also the only place who does pistons ( low comp ), but still works out to be around $1700 for Pistons and rods

No Power chips thanks

Comment

Won't worry about the decompression with gasket if i'm going to put low comp pistons in it etc
      No Power chips thanks

Comment

I'd just be going pistons and rods for piece of mind.
        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          I'd just be going pistons and rods for piece of mind.
          Yep thinking of the same thing after seeing the size of the standard rods
          No Power chips thanks

Comment

Whatís the ultimate goal to achieve with your car?

I havenít even tuned mine, Iím going to get the OFT as Iíve got 2 of the same engine but in a different car, and really I think Iíll be happy with 7,000rpm in mine and just a shiny muffler for better looks and a tiny bit of sound, and the other could benefit from a few extra kw.

There was a time where I was going to go header full exhaust tune etc... I donít know she seems to go really well to me, yeah could go faster, but Iím actually happy, havenít met an 86 it couldnít beat LOL, no torque dip bitch!

Comment

Cough LSwap cough.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Nah, BP swap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
                Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                  Cough LSwap cough.
                  Flying miata have just released the parts kit for the ls swap aswell.. lol, biggest issue was both ecu's talking to each other
                  but they have made a emulator assy for it
                  No Power chips thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                    Whatís the ultimate goal to achieve with your car?

I havenít even tuned mine, Iím going to get the OFT as Iíve got 2 of the same engine but in a different car, and really I think Iíll be happy with 7,000rpm in mine and just a shiny muffler for better looks and a tiny bit of sound, and the other could benefit from a few extra kw.

There was a time where I was going to go header full exhaust tune etc... I donít know she seems to go really well to me, yeah could go faster, but Iím actually happy, havenít met an 86 it couldnít beat LOL, no torque dip bitch!
                    Just wanted decent power, and something i can trash the tits off, Engine isn't really a good base if you want to make massive power
                    No Power chips thanks

Comment

No it appears itís not

I love the car

Itís unreal

Few mods and you can make it into what you want

Mines pretty basic, but looks great, handles well and best of all handles the C roads better than many cars on standard suspension can manage

My 2018 mustang could only dream of having such a compliant ride and still corner well

What do you think itíll end up running the 1/4 in, funny that no one ever talks 1/4 times on the miata forums

I know they arenít about that, but fuck even when I was on the Magna forums we did drag days FFS

Iíd love to do enough that itís capable of a high 13, Iíve seen full bolt ons on E85 one has gone high 13ís without boost

But I donít know, I want willwoods and rays, I spend more time looking at it in the garage than driving it so the brakes look cooler than power mods I canít see LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                        No it appears itís not

I love the car

Itís unreal

Few mods and you can make it into what you want

Mines pretty basic, but looks great, handles well and best of all handles the C roads better than many cars on standard suspension can manage

My 2018 mustang could only dream of having such a compliant ride and still corner well

What do you think itíll end up running the 1/4 in, funny that no one ever talks 1/4 times on the miata forums

I know they arenít about that, but fuck even when I was on the Magna forums we did drag days FFS

Iíd love to do enough that itís capable of a high 13, Iíve seen full bolt ons on E85 one has gone high 13ís without boost

But I donít know, I want willwoods and rays, I spend more time looking at it in the garage than driving it so the brakes look cooler than power mods I canít see LOL
                        yeah, should run low 13's, When i did run it with all the tuning issues, still did over 100mph, entered race revolution
                        for later this year for the half mile
                        No Power chips thanks

Comment

So, going to offload the turbo kit etc, and will be doing a LFX conversion. If anyone is interested,

MX5 ND AVO turbo kit stage 2, Billet turbo upgrade, custom 3 inch exhaust ( no cat ) with one off stainless muffler Custom 3 inch dump pipe, Ecutek Cable and dongle, AVO hand held tuner/flash, With 2 1/2 system standard dump and turbo on 98, made 205rwhp on 5psi and 300nm's $3500 or swap for LFX engine setup
                          No Power chips thanks

Comment

Look forward to seeing this conversion!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

What power did it make stock

Asking for a mate... LOL

Comment

This will be interesting. I started contemplating this conversion in my NB after seeing what Ryan has done in the Hypermiata. So does V8 Roadsters have a kit to suit the ND?
                                2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                                2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                                2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Working...
                                X