Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

AE86 rusty fruit salad

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my lathe going so I could machine the hubs down, as the discs i'm using would not fit over the tarago axle.

picture hosting

Comment

Engine is now in for the final time!! yeah right
      Valve cover is just wired brushed clean but came up pretty good, I may still paint it..........now onto the rest of the fitment stuff :(

online photo upload and share

Comment

Nice!
        BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

This is outstanding man. Love the work and the mix match attitude

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
          RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
          06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys :)

Comment

thanks guys :)

yesterday I got 1 of the control arms lengthened (15mm) and refreshed a little, i use enamel tractor paint as it smooths out nicely and seems to harden too.

russian pic hosting

Comment

So went and did some thing's, painted all the front wheel wells in POR15 and installed all these bits

not too happy with the whiteline swaybar as its shaped in a way that it is now sticking out further than the castor rod so the wheel will most likely hit it at full lock....I will just leave it for now and get it modified later. Also doing alot of wiring so not the most exciting to take pics of!

Comment

Looking shiny man :)

Have heard the whiteline stuff is a pain at full lock :(

06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys :)

Comment

Yup,

As soon as I pulled it from the packet and lined it up against the old bar I knew there was a problem, but that's ok as we have fulcrum here and they will mod the bar and re-powdercoat it when I'm ready - I got's the connections :)

Comment

Nicely.played old chaps :)

06/07/2011

Comment

Originally posted by japlish View Post
                      So went and did some thing's, painted all the front wheel wells in POR15 and installed all these bits

not too happy with the whiteline swaybar as its shaped in a way that it is now sticking out further than the castor rod so the wheel will most likely hit it at full lock....I will just leave it for now and get it modified later. Also doing alot of wiring so not the most exciting to take pics of!
                      are they new whiteline bars? I was surprised at how agricultural the ones I got second hand 10 years ago were (which looked like your photo), planned but never got around to replacing the S hooks and angle iron links with something with a bit more wank factor. I think the tyre rubbed on the bar on one side, mine had XT130 LCAs and standard everything else, so worth getting sorted if you want lots of lock.

Comment

yeah brand new from whiteline - the setup is pretty beefy which is good but as usual it's made with the least amount of bends possible which in turn cause's other issues....

Comment

so its been a while, most of the work that i've done is just boring wiring etc. The fuel tank is now in but no pics sorry, using a new efi jdm copy tank from canada with internal baffles and a modified pickup, running a returnLESS system of sorts where the return line doesnt run the length of the car. I'm running a fuel filter from a X5 BMW with internal fuel reg (50psi static) up next to the tank and a single line to the engine.

image album hosting

Comment

Also been working on putting the rear brake setup on too, consists of ae86 JDm rear calipers rebuilt (new pistons etc) and MA45 celica supra rear rotors with custom brake caliper mounts on the tarago diff. Had to skim down the back of the pad to get the adjustment spot on so the handbrake will work properly (until they wear down lol)

Comment

Just a thumbs up man. Love the work dude

06/07/2011

Comment

Been struggling with rear wheel fitment as I have a wider diff, the front will take a 15x8 rim easy but to do the same on the back would require me to become a mexican, so I now have fibreglass rear guards ready to go on which means chopping the rear arches...... :(
                                ahwell.......my bodywork sucked anyway! Rear wheel in pick is just for test fitting - IM NOT USING THEM, tyre is a 205/50r15 nankang AR-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X