Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

The 1UZ KE20 Corolla.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threw it on the rollers, the cams are lumpy as fuck, and never thought a 1UZ woud sound so tough

Somewhere between Scott finishing the tune the cunt spat my flappers, clearly not 600hp rated... dissapointed

Tue done, on 25psi on Caltex eflex, no gas, this is all it would show, didn't matter what he did, it would go any more, it's definatly making power, but dyno wont show it, has more left in it..

Comment

I be excited. Dat is a thing of beauty.
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Great thread mate. Got to be one of the best sleepers ive seen, even the little peashooter is still there. Do you also own the orange one?

Comment

Mad
          BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

yep- good thread

just need that extra 3.1 hp .....

poor old chassis with 600 hp thru it

Comment

fark - I know nothing about old Toyotas - but are they really worth $12 000? relatively std?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tea-...lla/1160083792

Comment

That has to be scary as hell in such a tiny car.
                Originally posted by Mr Jones
                Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

awesome build
                  Pity development of the A34x isnt quite there yet, having to sacrifice 2 gears and lockup!

Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                  Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                  1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by Filter View Post
                    Great thread mate. Got to be one of the best sleepers ive seen, even the little peashooter is still there. Do you also own the orange one?

Yeah I own the orange one, it's a stocko one, 4k and 2spd Toyoglide I did up with my kids, it gets more thumbs up than the V8 one..

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                    yep- good thread

just need that extra 3.1 hp .....

poor old chassis with 600 hp thru it
                    Yeah, does make more, dyno wouldnt show it, Moroso calculater thingy puts it at about 680ish

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                    awesome build
                    Pity development of the A34x isnt quite there yet, having to sacrifice 2 gears and lockup!
                    Yeah, the fact the car is not really legal or dong much street duty anymore makes it ok, still cruises fine at on the highway anyway

Comment

With the new engine/box combo, I took it to Warwick With OKE020 for a few runs at the 1/8th as I have never actually had a run at racing it since OKE020 got booted for the 9.60,

I didn't do overly well, gear change with old combo was about 5800ish and I kept short shifting out of habit when it wanted to change at 7200-7500ish, also my 60's were high 1.8-1.9's, Turns out my 4K convertor is about 2300-2400 at best, so not ideal at all, did a best of 111MPH though on a 1.8 with a 7.1 E.T then best E.T of 6.7 with a 1.7 @ 99MPH, I did also find myself lifting the throttle a few times trying to get my head to work with the new fasts

Comment

Then decided to do the QLD vs NSW Sydney Roll racing thing,

Took it to QR Roll racing a week before we went to Sydney for a little testing with the 50 shot of gas,

Apparently if you have the gas on, and pedal the fuck out of it turning the gas on and off it seems to break shit.... Broke the shit out of 1 piston, pulled head, replaced with another stock piston, put rod on backwards, put engine back together, discovered rod fuckup, removed it all again, flipped Rodney, repeat..

Took it to Sydney along with Guy Kings RB30 KE20, Golebys wagon and a few others, ran perfect, baked the tyres the entire track regardless of what I did so I just did skids, And Just for Chuck, Golebys wagon went 3rd place, last RWD car left, only to be outted by the 2 maatooks GTR's

Return trip, truck full of corolla goodness...

Comment

At some point I decided to get it back to Willowbank for a run, Plan was to do a couple of 60's until it felt good then send it, it was a really packed night so I decided just as I left the line that I would just stay in it for it's one and only pass, The car went 9.2 on a 1.6 60 with a another fucking short shift but did do 155MPH! which means the car 100% has an 8 sec pass in it, in fact, I got legit booted out with anger, I suppose I did have no other protection than a 1974 non retractable seatbelt...

So the rest of the time has been pretty much enjoying the car, cruising around to meets, Powercruise, Gave Lakeside a go as I had never been there, The car is now at a point where it just turns the tyres everywhere, so it's kinda interesting to drive...

Comment

So at this point, the car has a broken box, thinking maybe a down shift under load has done it, lesson learned to not to be doing that shit, also, it is a stock V8 gear set, who knows what kind of life it's had for the past 40 years, Plans are now to get a cage into the car and tech it, then do that 8! I'd ideally like to see that happen in the next 6 months....

Comment

This is just cool as all fuck
                              www.holditflat.com

Comment

What size are the front pro stars?
                                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Working...
                                X