Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

The 1UZ KE20 Corolla.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1UZ KE20 Corolla.

So I figure most guys here will know this car, Built by Scott (OKE020)

I bought it off him a few years ago and figured I'll start a new thread here of my own rather than try to add to his old one..

His build thread here: http://www.performanceforums.com/for...ghlight=oke020

I have done a bit to the car since owning so will update when I get more time tonight..

The car had run 9.6@140mph on 23psi on Caltex eflex and was making about 500rwhp ish (plus 50-70hp gas) I bought and Scott had just tuned to 28psi and made about 590rwhp,

Edit: Quick run down of the car when I bought it, 1UZ, Stock rods & pistons, ARP rod bolts, Cometic head gaskets, ARP (10mm) head studs, valve springs, China GT42 copy, twin 38mm gates, Toyota A340, extra clutches, Manual valve body, modified stock convertor (3K ish) HQ 1 tonner Salisbury diff, 3:55 full spool,

This is probably the first pic in my ownership of the car, Bought it off OKE020 with the Weld wheels on it, had 225 street tyres on, I realized really fast that it needed something a little betterer...

Changed wheels for stocko look...

And first mod, bought some ET Streets so it would grip and took it to it's first event.

How much are you after for it????
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
      How much are you after for it????
      No.

Comment

Funny, that's what Goleby said.....at first haha

Awesome car, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by 350stato View Post
          No.
          Good let someone else buy a cool quick corolla. He's got one already.

I always thought this thing was cool as fuck and looks stout on the prostar wheels.

Would look good in amongst your projects :D
          BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
            Good let someone else buy a cool quick corolla. He's got one already.

I always thought this thing was cool as fuck and looks stout on the prostar wheels.

Would look good in amongst your projects :D
            Yeah zero chance of selling this one, it's a keeper! had it about 3 1/2 years now

Comment

Pro stars really change the look of it. Nice!

Comment

So I drove it about like this for a while, sedate as fuck looking and just as I bought it from OKE020...

Took it to a few events with the Weld Wheels on,

Eventually did a head gasket..

Ended up buying new plates for the car, couple reasons, firstly, to give OKE020's plates back, secondly to confuse the shit out of people by have what almost is the same plate..

Bolted the new plates and Weld wheels back on..

Used it for a tow car to tow Scott's OKE020 around...

Comment

Got a phone call to do a photo shoot for a section in Street Machine magazine!! was pretty stocked about that, although it was "Scotts car", so made sure they gave him all the credit for the build in the write up.

Comment

Decided at some stage I should find and fit some little filler panels for the rear...

Dodgy but fuck it, it works...

Also blew up a couple of A340's along the way...

About the same time I decided to put a sunvisor on for ultimate sleepery stuff..

Comment

Did the Powercruise Powerplay thing again

Blew up another head gasket...

Did some more Roll racing..

Comment

Pretty sure it was about this point I killed another A340 box, threw another in went again,

Decided that I may as well do some cosmetic shit, pulled off all the trims, grill etc, sanded them down and gave them to Jake the painter, came back mint, I then bought some shit versions of the corner trims from Phi's Rotory's just for the inserts as they fit into the original the same and have the chrome and black, came up well.

Fitted..

Comment

Bought some white wall flappers off ebay, cost bugger all, think it was about $60 delivered for the set, looked cool IMO.

Took it out to all Jap day..

Comment

Anyway, I kicked it about like this for quite some time, swapping wheels and entering events etc, generally cruising (and trailering) it about and enjoying it, had done a few gearboxes which is to be expected at the level it's at, although the head gasket thing was starting to wear thin, it's not so fun to pull the heads off..

Anyway, I took it to a Roll Racing event and it was clear it had again, done another fucking head gasket... I had enough, there had been a few conversations about how to fix this, but it wasn't a cheap fix, but after headgasket number 11ty billion, I thought fuck this, time to throw some money at the cunt, I'd had a few good years of fun with minor issues,

So I started collecting bits, I bought a new waterpump, timing belt kit, tensioners etc and bearings as I figured I may as well do them while it's out

The fix was cams, to relieve cylinder pressure, at 24psi, the car was good, the Cometic's and 10mm ARP's were fine, but at 28, it kept picking the heads up, so we ordered some custom Kelford cams, Also, the RB25 11mm head studs is a thing, One of OKE020's good mates did that conversion on the engine, drilled and tapped the heads/block to suit the bigger studs, with 3 boxes of the RB25 studs, you can do 2 1UZ's, which worked well as Scott is also building an identical engine, then ordered new Cometic head gaskets with larger holes for the 11mm studs,

The heads were cleaned up with new valve springs and seals etc, I was going to leave the bottom end stock as the budget wasn't there for a full forged thing, but once I got the heads etc off, by chance I spotted a rod was a fly shit of deck height turning it over, So I figured if I'm replacing 1 rod, I may as well throw a set of Spool rods in it, stock pistons are a hypereutectic anyway, so they can stay as I just simply dont have the budget for forged ones,

Kip put the motor together for me and we decided that while it was all out, and the A340's dye as much as the head gaskets, a Powerglide should be done as well, again, Kip, I bought the best I could, and used a standard V8 gearset, also bought a adaptor plate to take the A340 bellhousing to the glide as I dont have room for an adaptor plate at the block due to about 4/5ths of fuckall room between motor and firewall,

I ordered a 4K convertor from the Convertor shop, threw it all together..

Comment

Of coarse, the $500 ebay GT42 turbo that Scott had originally bolted on, although obviously still working, wasn't happy, quite a bit of shaft play and once it was off the car, we could see the front wheel rubbing the housing...

So I stole the GTX42 I had for the fucking VL, and threw that on there, let's face it, that fucking thing will never run anyway so it doesnt need it!!!

New 38mm gates and GTX painted a decent colour...

Painted all the stuff betterer

Comment

Working...
                              X