Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Project IBIS.... AKA the bin chicken JZX81

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project IBIS.... AKA the bin chicken JZX81

Anyway, thought i would make a build thread for the car i'm currently working on.

Goal of this car is pretty much a fuck around street/drift car.

so i purchased this car from Tassie sight unseen after what was described as interior is complete, and damaged repaired, had it shipped over and friend picked it up and the 1st msg I got was "do you know the condition of this car" lol so hopes had been smashed a little.
    The car was very cheap even after postage and well people who know JZX81's know there is only a handful in the country so i was ok with it i guess.
    As you can see in the pictures just about every panel on the car has issue's, the front rad support is fucked, strut rail passenger side fucked, dash items are all cracked or have holes in them. wires chopped just about everywhere and random shit missing. holes drilled into floor for battery and fire extinguisher, seats missing, seat belts missing, just about everything LOL.

i never had huge plans for this car, was going to turn it into the race car but i already have another JZX81 with weld in cage, tubbed front, etc so returning that one to stock seemed like more work than to just fix this one. so, I started the repair process.
    Purchased wreck with brown trim with intention of using rad support and so on.

Purchased some seat's

and started the process of putting this car back together

Purchased an Alpine head unit was on sale and double din and only $150 so jumped on it and itís not like I need features itís not a daily. Contacted friends and asked what parts they had available and got front bumper, found a spare headlight in my stash of parts and have purchased front indicator's and a RH side headlight to complete all the lights. I have guards although flared i will probably run them.

Engine wise it will get just about everything from my "race car JZX81"

so HKS built 1JZ, Radiator, intercooler, GT3240 etc. I will post pictures up of it when i finishing putting the pulley kit and DBW swap on it.

so overall, i hate the car and donít mind denting it and so on as it will pretty much be a practice car and getting scrap parts i have had in storage over the years and will be the test mule for the race car.

lesson learnt, donít buy a car sight unseen.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

That's one heck of a project you got yourself into there!

Looking forward to updates.
    Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
      That's one heck of a project you got yourself into there!

Looking forward to updates.
      in all honesty, if i did not have another JZX81 sitting next to it i would have rage quit by now. but after playing with X8's for a good 10 years it has made life easy when it comes to this car. i'm just doing what i can at the moment and when time comes i will prob have a fabrication weekend and do the front end of this car and finish off the rear IRS in the X3.
      CISCOKIDS
      The Gentlemen's Club
      Midnight Rocker

Comment

Race car parts in give-no-fucks shell? Sounds perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X