Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
    Panasonic still do the building in the factory as it is their cells
    https://www.tesla.com/gigafactory

one of my eBikes has Tesla 18650 cells, better discharge than 30Q's and Pana PF cells.
    Originally posted by TK
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by bbits_elements View Post

one of my eBikes has Tesla 18650 cells, better discharge than 30Q's and Pana PF cells.
      Nah for once Playa is correct.

Tesla owns the building, Panasonic owns the battery line and Tesla agrees to take all output from the line in a partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        This.

Tesla has made some epic disruption, and achieved a great deal, but as companies like Benz and Porsche or even Ford turn their considerable experience at building cars to EVs Tesla is going to struggle to compete
        And interestingly even if they don't they would have achieved their stated mission 'Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.' https://www.tesla.com/about

I don't know how many shareholders would agree with that, or how many even know it exists, but its hard to argue that they wouldn't have achieved their stated mission.

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post
          And interestingly even if they don't they would have achieved their stated mission 'Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.' https://www.tesla.com/about

I don't know how many shareholders would agree with that, or how many even know it exists, but its hard to argue that they wouldn't have achieved their stated mission.
          And this is why I wouldn't invest with them but applaud those that have. Especially when the CEO has some out saying if we go bust so be it as long as we've achieved the mission statement.

Comment

So the fact they have Tesla stamped on them means nothing ok bloke. Panasonic is merely a name, same as Tesla, who do the same thing only Tesla’s is superior in capacity and discharge. Anyhow point being, they diversified too fast and should have sold the technology rather than reinventing the wheel.
            Originally posted by TK
            may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Panasonic is a joint owner of the Gigafactory. The company provides the "2170" battery cells that go into a Model 3 battery pack. ... In the interview, Panasonic automotive executive Yoshio Ito told Bloomberg that "the bottleneck for Model 3 production has been our batteries."
              https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/09...s-gigafactory/
              The 18650 cells were all Panasonic cells too. If you agree to buy a GWh's worth of cells I'm sure they'd put Dave's Bus Shelter on them if you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by bbits_elements View Post

Panasonic have many varieties of 18650 all with different cell chemistry. Tesla may very well have done a deal that gives them exclusive access to a certain chemistry for a number of years. Doesn't change the fact that although Tesla may own the building the production is Panasonic. Nothing unique about that arrangement.

Comment

Tesla only take the ones that pass testing at the highest standard too, there was/is an arrival about the yield of Tesla suitable batteries being a rising proportion of production but still way too low.

I’ll try and dig it up
                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Why Write About Elon Musk?

https://humantransit.org/2019/05/why...elon-musk.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                      they are seriously over valued as a company

As a bit of fun, Tesla has a 33.7B cap today with a production guidance of 360,000 cars in 2019, that puts the enterprise value per vehicle sold at a 94k which is a bit more reasonable.

Comment

The corporate valuation of Tesla makes zero sense unless you think they are, somehow, more than a car company.

The value is in the solar roof cells

Comment

Just got an SMS today my Model 3 is ready to be ordered for an August delivery. here are the specs:

we only get a few pre selected trims

standard range plus: (single motor)

partial premium interior
                          autopilot included
                          460km range
                          225km/h top speed
                          0-100 in 5.6s
                          only choice is 19" rims
                          black interior

price: $66,000 + 2890 O.R.C

Options:
                          metallic paint is $1400-2800 depending on colour
                          Autonomous driving package : $7100 (car includes auto pilot as standard, this package will be full autonomous, get in you carparks, change lanes, fully automated journey with no driver intervention) i dont think this has aus approval though (or anywhere else)

performance version (dual motor):

premium interior
                          autopilot included
                          19 inch rims
                          560km range
                          261km/h top speed
                          0-100 in 3.4s (not bad!)
                          black interior

price: $85,000 + 6436 O.R.C

Options:
                          metallic paint $1400-2800 depending on colour
                          Autonomous driving package : $7100 (car includes auto pilot as standard, this package will be full autonomous, get in you carparks, change lanes, fully automated journey with no driver intervention) i dont think this has aus approval though (or anywhere else)
                          performance upgrade: $6200
                          - 20” Performance Wheels (michelin PS4s tyres)
                          - Performance Brakes
                          - Carbon fibre spoiler
                          - Lowered suspension
                          - Aluminium alloy pedals
                          - Increased top speed from 233 km/h to 261 km/h
                          - Track Mode

A full house (every box ticked) dual motor performance model 3 is $114,986 on road in QLD. I don't think I can pull that trigger...

Oo___oO

Comment

Not bad at all!

Comment

they appear to do 11.8@115mph out of the box, which is pretty good.

Oo___oO

Comment

you can do the autonomous upgrade later yeah? it's a software expansion?
                                This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X