Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Vic Time Attack - Philip Island 1st April 2016

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vic Time Attack - Philip Island 1st April 2016

EDIT:

So a quick bump on this one. Jason has reached into his pocket again to put the event on. Be fucked if I would do it but he is really passionate about time attack racing and trying to get other events off the ground so we see these cars more than once a year. Will be coming over again to circulate in the RX7. Already confirmed to have last years winner Integrated Motorsports GTR there, A trick mines GTR and the possibility of the MCA VQ37 powered 86.

Bonus this year is the event is followed by PIARC days so those that are travelling from further afield will have the bonus of additional track days after the main event if they are still wanting more.

Hey Gents,

was sure I spotted a generic thread on this but couldn't find it so thought I would kick one off here in the Motorsport section. Event is on at PI on 1st April this year. A mate is involved in running the event and due to that cant drive his bonkers carbon bodied FD RX7 so has offered me a drive in it. (humblebrag) Cant fkn wait. I reckon PI would be hard to beat as a venue for this type of event. Hopefully the weather turns it on and its a good day. Should be a really good mix of cars.

http://victimeattack.com.au/

If need a place to stay let me know

Comment

Yeah should be absolute nuts Darkside, what a way to start the Motorsport year, cant fucking wait !

Comment

I plan on entering Clubsprint. I can't compete against the likes of skylines etc for a class win. But gotta support these things.
        NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
        NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
        VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Comment

Originally posted by -Matt- View Post
          If need a place to stay let me know
          Cheers for that. Greatly appreciated. Will check in and see what arrangements have already been made if any.

Comment

Hey Lightyear Id imagine your a fair bit under weight for your model, whats the lightest you can run with the 5% reduction, also what are your plans for your front aero package, have you got something that doesnt extended more than the 50mm forward of the front bar that your allowed ?

I only ask cause I only have 1 goal ....... lol

Comment

Some people do have the perception my car is ultra light. It's my road/track car. So only roof and boot are lightweight, and no braces. So about 50kg lighter than stock. The spoiler I have is 50mm. But for this event I will be making a new aero package. To fit the rules, and provide downforce.

Comment

Cool for some reason I figured your car may have been ultralight, gives me some hope ........

Comment

I am pretty sure I know what lap time I can do with the new aero set up, but the non R spec tyres are an unknown for me. Will they be much slower than a Nitto NT01? The Advan tyres probably cost more than the NT01.

Comment

Maybe add a second, what size ya need ? have some 245/45/17 lying around or you running 16s ? yeah not a cheap tyre

Comment

I run 15x9 rims with 225/45 tyres. They don't make that size. Will look into my options. I might be able to borrow some 17" rims.

Comment

I wouldn't think AD08s will be slower than an NT01.
                        When I changed the Soarer from cheap Federal 595 and Achillies Sport II street tyres to NT01 I only went 7 tenths faster. You'd expect at least that much if you went to a tyre like AD08 or RS3.
                        Changed from NT01 to Z221 and went 1.4 faster. That's both at Lakeside (2.4km).

Comment

Would like to do this event. Never been to P.I. and it has to be a bucket list track in Oz. Will only go if we have new motor but the date is a bit of a worry with new donk and travelling. How many things could go wrong on April Fool's day...
                          http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

Comment

http://victimeattack.com.au/entry-forms/

$495 modified or street class, includes timing, tshirt and a chance at 20 different class trophies.
                              Entries are still open for street and modified classes and our demo/testing class.
                              With over 20 trophies up for grabs. FWD, RWD, AWD, Rotor, NA we have you covered.
                              Track time is going to be huge, 7 or 8..x 20 min sessions So bring along enough fuel!

Demo/Practice class is $250 same track time, no garage, no timing, no tshirt or trophies....Just heaps of track time. Great chance for race cars or road cars to get some track time.

Comment

Working...
                              X