Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Targa Tas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a quick look for reference - YT's time this year at Hellyer Gorge was identical to what he ran last year in the Lambo Super Alphabet.

These new cars must be mental out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
      Hahahhahahaha,

He is the master of the straight faced piss take. Much respect for the self made man spending his hard earned well.
      yeah, and obviously enjoying every minute of it instead of taking it all too seriously. Good to see!

Comment

We are out of the event with a failed engine, dropped cylinders and became a big oil pump. We set some killer times this week, picked up some new records, but that's Targa Tas 2016 over.
        Get on board our sister car with Mike Pritchard at the wheel, going for the win in GT2 class and outright!
        Classic Auto Fabrications:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

^^^^^ What a bugger. Was an amazing battle in GT2. Close should be cruising to the finish from here given he now has almost 9 mins over the field.

Comment

Mis shift boom?
            Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

darkside and my mate Brendon leading modern in his Evo X.
              Originally posted by brasher
              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by fatz View Post
                Mis shift boom?
                That's what I had heard. Fkn long stage. Mental fatigue would be high.

Edit: seems it just let go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mviES5Ze3NM

Comment

YT said he accidently gave it an over rev on the previous stage and thinks that may have been where the damage was done

Comment

No shortage of last day dramas. A combination of some slightly damp roads and I guess fatigue had a couple of cars roll. (Porsche turbo and the Norton WRX). Alternator in Roes evo let go on the second last stage leaving them parked up. Cpt Close managed his lead well and avoided any last day dramas taking the outright win. This event never fails to deliver highs and lows.

Comment

Wrest Point GT2
                      1st 911 Close, Matt (VIC) ‐ Reeves, Cameron (QLD) 2015 Porsche GT3 GT2C
                      2nd 945 Pritchard, Michael (TAS) ‐ Mourant, Gary (Tas) 2016 Dodge Viper ACR GT2D
                      3rd 919 Richards, Jim (VIC) ‐ Oliver, Barry (TAS) 2015 Porsche GT4 GT2C

Shannons Classic
                      1st 635 Achterberg, Leigh (QLD) ‐ Fitzgerald, Greg (QLD) 1982 Porsche 944 6SSB
                      2nd 383 Ullrich, Peter (NSW) ‐ Ullrich, Sari (NSW) 1963 Jensen CV8 3LMSF
                      3rd 215 Freestone, Paul (VIC) ‐ Freestone, Christine (VIC) 1960 Aston Martin DB4 2LMSF

Country Club GT4
                      1st 947 Glenney, Steve (TAS) ‐ Kulhanek, Tim (TAS) 2008 Subaru STi GT4C
                      2nd 996 Quinn, Tony (QLD) ‐ Tillett, Naomi (SA) 2014 Lamborghini Huracan GT4D
                      3rd 962 Kennard, Angus (NSW) ‐ Wheeler, Ian (TAS) 2015 Nissan GT‐R35 GT4D

Shannons Classic GT
                      1st 465 Siddins, Jon (QLD) ‐ Siddins, Gina (QLD) 1970 Datsun 240Z 4GTE
                      2nd 607 Faux, Barry (ACT) ‐ Mihajlovic, Therezia (ACT) 1985 Mazda RX‐7 6GTF
                      3rd 602 Wearing, Cameron (SA) ‐ Wearing, Tania (SA) 1981 Truimph TR7 V8 6GTE

Spirit of Tasmania  and Duttons Garage Early Modern
                      1st 727 Bollom, Andrew (NSW) ‐ Challoner‐Miles, Lee (NSW) 1995 Mazda RX‐7 SP 7‐2WDC
                      2nd 726 Balcombe, Mark (QLD) ‐ Foster, Brian (NSW) 1995 Mazda RX‐7 SP 7‐2WDC
                      3rd 703 Thatcher, Stephen (Nsw) ‐ Handley, Kelly (NSW) 1994 Nissan ATTKD Select R SP 7‐4WDC

Highest Placed Category 7‐2WD
                      727 Bollom, Andrew (NSW) ‐ Challoner‐Miles, Lee (NSW) 1995 Mazda RX‐7 SP

RDA Brakes Modern
                      1st 918 Winterbourn, Brendon (WA) ‐ Chudleigh, Anthony (WA) 2011 Mitsubishi Evolution X 8‐4WDB
                      2nd 850 Burrowes, Gregory (QLD) ‐ Burrowes, Rhonda (QLD) 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X 8‐4WDB
                      3rd 807 Mayer, Peter (SA) ‐ O'Neill, Nicole (NSW) 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 8‐2WDC

Highest Placed Category 8‐2WD
                      807 Mayer, Peter (SA) ‐ O'Neill, Nicole (NSW) 2007 Porsche 911 GT3

2016 Awards Summary
                      16/04/2016 4:21 PM
                      Shannons Vintage
                      1st 257 Clark, Wayne (TAS) ‐ Berriman, Trevor (TAS) 1938 Dodge Speedster Special 1LMSC
                      2nd 224 Copeland, Graham (QLD) ‐ Herbert, Josh (QLD) 1936 Desoto Special 1MSB

Budget GT Sports Trophy
                      1st 175 Beable, Jeff (VIC) ‐ Beable, Nerida (VIC) 2000 Nissan Skyline GT‐R N1
                      2nd 187 Bridge, Jordan (SA) ‐ Bridge, Debbie (SA) 2004 Subaru WRX STi
                      3rd 151 Duursma, Martin (NSW) ‐ Wodhams, Richard (NSW) 2013 Lotus Exige S V6

Budget GT Sports Trophy Highest Placed Classic
                      195 Froude, Simon (TAS) ‐ Powning, Jason (VIC) 1973 Porsche  911 Carrera RSR

Budget TSD Trophy
                      1st 102 Marshall, Darryl (QLD) ‐ Marshall, Andrew (NSW) 2002 Ford Falcon Ute Pursuit 250
                      2nd 108 Knapp, Gerard (NSW) ‐ Campbell, Roger (NSW) 2005 Alfa Romeo GT
                      3rd 127 Marshall, Brian (VIC) ‐ Marshall, Justin (VIC) 2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI

Budget TSD Trophy Highest Placed Classic
                      134 Emi, Hisao (JAP) ‐ Kusaka, Kohei (JAP) 1972 Toyota Corolla Levin
                      Classic Auto Fabrications:
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                        No shortage of last day dramas. A combination of some slightly damp roads and I guess fatigue had a couple of cars roll. (Porsche turbo and the Norton WRX). Alternator in Roes evo let go on the second last stage leaving them parked up. Cpt Close managed his lead well and avoided any last day dramas taking the outright win. This event never fails to deliver highs and lows.
                        No last day dramas you say!? Lol.... Let me tell you a story or two my good man.....

Comment

What were all the exotic <100 numbered cars? They don't get a mention anywhere on the Targa website.
                          Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
                            What were all the exotic <100 numbered cars? They don't get a mention anywhere on the Targa website.
                            That's the Targa Tour and Historic Rallye. You get to drive all of the Targa stages after the road is closed but you're restricted to 130 km/hr. You drive it in convoy and every car carries a GPS tracker (Rallysafe system) so you'll get fined or excluded if you speed. There's no requirement for rollcages, helmets etc. No times are kept and it's not competitive in any way.

The best way of describing it is that it's sort of like a dawn run that you may have done in your younger days before speed cameras. You drive quickly but don't really take any risks.

I just got back from doing it. I was working with BMW and spent most of the week in an i8. I also had a steer of the M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, as well as a very cool M3 CSL.

Porsche Australia organised a group of 60 cars. They charged around $8k and all 60 places sold out in three days. The customers turned up in Melbourne with their cars, and Porsche organised the rest (ferry trip, accommodation, meals etc).
                            Can I wear the Scream mask? The mask from Scream... when I do you from behind...

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
                              No last day dramas you say!? Lol.... Let me tell you a story or two my good man.....
                              Ah yes. I saw a book face pic involving a failed tyre on second last stage ? Fk me. Sounds like another brush with "stealing defeat from the jaws of victory" for the Captain. Glad to see you got it sorted and got it home. Must have been a very nervous time.

Comment

Mighty effort for the Megane RS to finish 4th in GT2.

Comment

Working...
                                X