Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

F1 Baaaaa-rain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it dropped a cyl, surely they would turn off the injector (assuming that's possible) and be great on fuel?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Except you then need to use full throttle way more to produce speed down the straights
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Pit lane cannot make any changes to the car remotely so shutting a cylinder down wasn’t an option. They were concerned he would run out of fuel as they had to keep the fire burning to maintain some sort of lap time and run risk of hydraulic locking.

The real interesting part of this is the Ferrari is still reliant on a continuous spark either to pre ignite or traditionally fire in cylinder. Have been thoughts that they had a way of ‘dieseling’ the chambers over last couple of seasons
        Originally posted by Faux Forg
        I agree with Rdyno

Comment

he failed over 17,000 things - no reason one of those couldn't have been
          This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman Don View Post
            Pit lane cannot make any changes to the car remotely so shutting a cylinder down wasn’t an option. They were concerned he would run out of fuel as they had to keep the fire burning to maintain some sort of lap time and run risk of hydraulic locking.

The real interesting part of this is the Ferrari is still reliant on a continuous spark either to pre ignite or traditionally fire in cylinder. Have been thoughts that they had a way of ‘dieseling’ the chambers over last couple of seasons
            HCCI only works at low loads
            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
            The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Working...
            X