Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Canadian Grand Prix

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmmmm. Tough decision.
    If Seb did stay left after getting on the grass, would he have been penalised for gaining an advantage (or not loosing out) by cutting the track?

Comment

Vettel was ripped off!

Great race from Stroll! Out did his very well respected team mate on home soil to get the car into the points.

Good to see some Renault form and and reliability with a solid points haul from both drivers. I feel the Hulk had the pace on Dan towards the end, but only because Dan pitted early to keep Gasly behind which also benefited the Hulk in the end.

Pathetic showing by Red Bull!....one of their drivers being lapped and their golden boy just escaped being lapped. Piss poor from a team that claimed with a different engine partner they would be fighting for the WDC. Was it 2 wins they had by this point last season? I imagine Maxís patience will be wearing very thin with a few regular calls to his agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Babalouie
      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Canadian Grand Prix

Originally posted by MWP View Post
        Hmmmmmmm. Tough decision.
        If Seb did stay left after getting on the grass, would he have been penalised for gaining an advantage (or not loosing out) by cutting the track?
        It was not possible. He would have spun trying. He did a pretty decent job of keeping off the wall imo.

100% did not deserve a penalty. He didnít gain an advantage by leaving the track and he didnít rejoin after an incident, the rejoining was part of the incident. Stewards have been awful all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Babalouie
        Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

For me the question is whether Vettel gained an advantage by doing what he did, and to answer that the question is if there was a wider track to the right of Vettel, would Hamilton have gotten past Vettel? To me thatís not clear and I think the reason why the penalty was so harsh.

Comment

Was worth getting up to watch.

Feel for Seb - I wonder if Ham wouldíve tried to pass if it was a back marker having a wobble in front of him?

Great result for Renault, theyíre going in the right direction which must be giving a bit of stress to Redbull :)
            ---
            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Didn't watch the race but have seen the incident.

100% bullshit penalty.

Reefing left on the steering wheel at that speed would just result in understeer and take both drivers out. Also, he can't make himself invisible.

I hope Ferrari appeals.

Comment

Was a decent race, was exciting seeing Dan hold/gain/lose the gap to those in front of him during the race. Like someone else said, Red Bull were shit, especially Gasly. Not being able to get past Stroll all race was pretty funny to see. I know Red Bull are protecting the shit out of him but he needs to step up his game massively.
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Great race and nice to see some action. Great work by Renault and Sky actually giving them some coverage.

Seb changing the numbers around was funny as.
                  2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                  I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

I don't think he could have ended up on the track at any other place - slicks, grass, 120kmh+ it would have been more dangerous to then hit the brakes or something... What exactly did the steward want him to do - Max or Dan would have taken a different line into the corner as soon as he saw Seb go deep, to get a run up the inside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Word is Ferrari are appealing, however the rules say you canít so should be interesting. Also to note they didnít tell Charles of the penalty so he couldnít of picked up the pace for 2nd....
                      Originally posted by Faux Forg
                      I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Another moment where Seb caves under pressure however.

Can't be appealed so why waste the time and money.

I do feel for them - car was good all weekend. Where the fuck was Bottas?

Well done Lance - executed a solid race plan.
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Agreed, Force Stroll was decent.

Magnussen sook was also impressive. HARSE was shit.

Good to see Dan doing some actual racing (even if defending) and Renault bag some points.

Didn't see Kimi all race?

Williams got an acceptable amount of airtime...

I guess the only conclusion that I can come to about VET v HAM is that Vettel did make an error that slowed him, and force Hamilton to brake to avoid him. If Hamilton hadn't had to brake (eg if the wall wasn't there) then he would have been able to drive straight past and gain the place. That said, the wall is there, and if it wasn't then maybe Hamilton would have gone off track into grass and spun himself, you never know.
                          Originally posted by PJ OíRourke
                          Name me, if you can, a better feeling than the one you get when you're half a bottle of Chivas in the bag with a gram of coke up your nose and a teenage lovely pulling off her tube top in the next seat over while you're going a hundred miles an hour down a suburban side street.

Comment

I'm not normally a Vettel fan but didn't think the penalty was fair.
                            I thought Vettel's sook was excellent, adds a bit of interest to the sport, and the flipping of the numbers was funny.
                            He did the right thing on the podium by saying it wasn't Lewis' fault so credit to him there.

Comment

I'd rather see Seb passionate and crack the shits and swap the numbers, rather than be all diplomatic and give some bullshit lawyer prepared response in interviews later.

I think he was hard done by, but Hamilton owns him race in race out with the mental side of things. Seb will never get another WDC if he can't race under pressure from Hamilton or whoever else.

Comment

Penalty was there.

Ran off track.

Another driver had to brake to avoid contact.

Clear cut.

Was there anything Vettel could have done? Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter. He certainly didn't appear to attempt to not impede Hamilton

Whether he was in control or not doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X