Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Welder hotness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this advert yesterday. Any good for basic panel welding and odd jobs?

$699, but I figure the helmet is junk at that price and I should get a better one if you lot reckon this is worth it.

Comment

I've got the Uni-Mig Razor here at work and it's pretty good for MIG. That one should be fine for what you need to do. Helmet is probably fine too unless you're fussy or want something specific. Not a bad little kit for the money, gets you everything you need to start welding shit together :)

Comment

Yeah that uni mig goes hard, only shit thing is there is 3 dials for setting the juice up along with a wire feed so be prepared to spend an hour fucking around and writing down what works for what.

Seen quite a few of them used industrialy with good views on them.

Comment

Yeh plenty of guides on the net for selecting settings vs job material.
          This is handy to read too - https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...ect-parameters

Comment

I have an older UniMig and it is great, not as much adjustment as the newer ones though, which can be a pain at times.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
              I've got the Uni-Mig Razor here at work and it's pretty good for MIG. That one should be fine for what you need to do. Helmet is probably fine too unless you're fussy or want something specific. Not a bad little kit for the money, gets you everything you need to start welding shit together :)
              Originally posted by dnegative View Post
              Yeah that uni mig goes hard, only shit thing is there is 3 dials for setting the juice up along with a wire feed so be prepared to spend an hour fucking around and writing down what works for what.

Seen quite a few of them used industrialy with good views on them.
              Originally posted by takai View Post
              I have an older UniMig and it is great, not as much adjustment as the newer ones though, which can be a pain at times.
              Thanks lads. Bought it from Hare and Forbes, should be here in a few weeks.

Comment

It's here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190413_120610.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	6618386

Some assembly later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190413_140752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	6618385

Now, getting a small bottle (E sized?) from Bunnings. As I do not have a ute, do they deliver?

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                  It's here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111239[/ATTACH]

Some assembly later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111238[/ATTACH]

Now, getting a small bottle (E sized?) from Bunnings. As I do not have a ute, do they deliver?
                  Psst. Its inert. Just stick it in the boot.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
                  Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

So Iíve been thinking about upgrading from my old UniMig MIG and getting something with finer grained control on amperage.
                    This popped up on the SCA site, anyone had experience with it?
                    https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...rc/576436.html
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

So Iíve been thinking about upgrading from my old UniMig MIG and getting something with finer grained control on amperage.
                      This popped up on the SCA site, anyone had experience with it?
                      https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...rc/576436.html
                      good price! no experience but they are having a sale this saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
                        good price! no experience but they are having a sale this saturday.
                        Yeah, thats what piqued my interest, min 20% off apparently.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget

Comment

This is tempting...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                          2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

I've been looking for a catalog to see what things I won't be buying but can't find any, might just head in tomorrow.

I'm guessing the TIG part of that will be pretty ordinary, if your old mig has a transformer it would be worth getting just to improve the power to weight ratio of your tool collection, I never use my mig because it's too heavy to bother lugging out to make horrible fluxcore welds with.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
                              I've been looking for a catalog to see what things I won't be buying but can't find any, might just head in tomorrow.

I'm guessing the TIG part of that will be pretty ordinary, if your old mig has a transformer it would be worth getting just to improve the power to weight ratio of your tool collection, I never use my mig because it's too heavy to bother lugging out to make horrible fluxcore welds with.
                              Yeah, I would be getting it just for the MIG component. I have a dedicated TIG for a reason. The UniMig i have is bloody heavy, like 30kg or so: https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W240 and having a lighter/smaller unit would be great. Plus sometimes when initiating the arc it jumps over 10A current draw and trips the Amphibian. Not having to run the Amphibian would be great.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget

Comment

Ad I have says 40% off store stock of welders and accessories. The one you posted is online only so doesn't qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X