Thread: Keysborough Diffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keysborough Diffs

Hi,

Im heading up to Melbourne on the 8th of August from Adelaide to see the WWF at colonial stadium and while im over i am going to pick up a 9"inch housing and axle setup for my HG Holden from Keysborough Diffs in Dandenong (saves me 150 dollars in shipping)

Anyone used them or heard anthing good or bad about them as im just curious but they seem to be a big company going by the size of the adds in Street Machine and part peddler.

Just for the record the price down here in Adelaide for a 9 inch housing and axles is very inflated as we don`t have many speciallized importers and modifiers of the 9 inch and so we pay through the teeth for them.Im getting one for $850 from the obove mentioned mob but was looking at over a grand for one down here.

Cheers boys
    "I drink to make other people interesting."

Will it be covered under warranty in Adelaide in the unlikely event that something should go wrong or would you have to transport back to Melbourne?

If you think it's worth 150 bucks less then it may be a bargain...
    Quote Originally Posted by paul05
    don't waste your time asking questions about real cars on the rice forum go to ls1 .com ,it's alot more accommodating and informative than pf.
    WTB in Melb - Ford AU 6 cyl engine - needs to be in good condition

It says in the ad that they have a 12 month warranty or something similar and all work is fully guaranteed but i shouldn`t see why it would be void because im in Adelaide,Also im not getting the diff centre from them so failure of the housing would be a one in a million thing and the axles should not be a problem if done right but if something did go wrong im sure they would pick up the freight (i hope).Ill have to ask when i confirm pick up etc

Saving $150 was not really the issue either as i was heading over to Melbourne anyway and thought it would be best to deal with a company that specializes in ford 9" conversions and do not require my original housing so i can still drive the car.

im not so sure if they would pay for freight in the event of it needing to be returned. make sure you's are clear on that point from the beginning

Keysborough Diffs have the best name in Melbourne and Im told by friends build really good diffs. They are in the industrial area South of Dandenong near main roads Greens and Frankston-Dandenong Road.

Jadey
    LC Torana Stroker - The Smurf

Thanks all for the replies,Ill ask about warranty etc and confirm what i need to know.

Thanks again

I think you'll find that most warranties / guarantees are on the basis of 'return-to-base' ie you pay to get the item back to the manufacturer, and they'll do the fixing at their expense.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former (Albert Einstein)

I be happy to do that as i think you are right

TWEEKD
    Anyone else hear any reports on there work, personally i've heard good things about them and I need a diff done soon too so... I dont want the cheapest bidder I just want a shit hot job done.