Thread: 9" diff gears

Big Block Ford 545 cubes! XEFalconUte's Avatar

9" diff gears

Anyone know who makes new 2.48:1 diff gears for the 9"?

thanks

Simon

the brand "richmond" make either a 2.80 or 2.86 ratios for the 9in

No idea if they have 2.48s but have you tried Motive Gear Performance in Somerton?
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Avoid Richmond if at all possible - strong but noisy. Try Motive or Ford motorsport.
    I had a set of 2.62:1 gears, but I think they ended up in the bin.

Keysborough Diffs in Dandenong Melbourne should be able to help you out.

dangerous fugitive
    I have to second the plug for keysborough diffs. Vas helped me a lot (and I wasn't a big or regular customer) - their 'MO' seems to be they want a job done right above any purely profit based results. A rarity indeed.

cheapest place i could find for bw lsd parts, and was adamant that I should call if I had any problems setting it up rather than just crossing my fingers.

I haven't had anything to do with them for the past few years, simply because I've had no diff needs in that time, but i can't imagine them changing for any reason!

I originally went to them after being totally screwed by another place, and they sorted my needs out quicker and cheaper than the original place (which was allegedly good, but also not the other side of the world for me - I live near the airports). After the treatment i got from Keysborough Diffs, i'd seriously go to them even if I lived in Mildura (for non victorians that's about as far north and south as you can get in this state - between those two) The housing and axles they did for me have lasted through a series of engines and bodyshells.

I'm not one to plug many places, but these guys are the real deal.

If I might be so intrusive as to ask what they are for? It's not often you see many people looking for anything higher geared (or lower numerical ratio) than 2.75s. I'm guessing maybe it's for a tow vehicle that's used to go interstate or something and you want the engine to be at the lowest rpms possible for longevity and fuel efficiency.

John McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by jmac

If I might be so intrusive as to ask what they are for? It's not often you see many people looking for anything higher geared (or lower numerical ratio) than 2.75s. I'm guessing maybe it's for a tow vehicle that's used to go interstate or something and you want the engine to be at the lowest rpms possible for longevity and fuel efficiency.

John McKenzie
    I'm after high wheel speed with a three speed auto (C6). 545 cubes to turn them so still should pull alright.

Have Fun

Simon

(I've heard good things about Keysborough Diffs, will give them a call)
    Last edited by XEFalconUte; 21-12-05 at 06:58 PM.

burnout car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by klyent
    burnout car?
    Thats the one.

Have Fun

Simon

dangerous fugitive
    might pay to let them know the exact use. I would guess that not too many very high geared setups are used with massive power and the size of the pinion might be getting to the point of leaving the crownwheel a little thin. It might affect reliability for this app (but i honestly don't know)

John