I thought I would pimp my skills here, in case anyone has anything going on that might suit given that I'm out of work & newly single.
I will consider moving back to adelaide for an role, or if there are good prospects where I know a few people, and there are rallies, I'll consider that too.
I have B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry from flinders uni.
Honours was specialising in DRIFT Spectroscopy and catalysis (gases over solid catalysts)
I then completed my PhD(Applied Science- Chemical Technology) from UniSA. I worked on an industrial thermoset polymer chemistry problem that had not been solved in 25 years, and managed to solve it inside 3- which had major implications for the manufacturer and my thesis was therefore embargoed never to see the light of day.. handy that.
Since that time I've worked Internet helpdesk for Optus Dial, and Optus Cable. I when I left dialup I was a Tier 2 rep, and dealt with business support/domain hosting and a little bit of upsell sales work I have plenty of experience in training new reps etc- mentoring.
Since being back in chemistry I've worked for BOC gases, doing GC and FT-IR assays of custom gas mixes, and stock gases for impurities. I did some quantitative FT-IR method development and validation to NATA standards as well as routine work.
Then I left and went to pharmaceuticals, where I started as an Analyst doing HPLC and microbiological assays of finished product, as well as writing SOPs, raising and investigation of deviations, HPLC troubleshooting, UV-Vis troubleshooting.
I was then made the Product Stability Coordinator for the site, which involved report writing for regulatory departments, liaising with regulatory bodies, scheduling of work for analysts, participating in audits, project management, design and implementation of new LIMS system, second person checks of all results coming out of the laboratory, and being the 2IC for the lab (team of 10) managing day to day issues for the lab manager, and the whole show for 3 months when we had no lab manager.
so what can I do:
* customer service/tech support
* Analyst roles- I have GC, HPLC, and FT-IR experience in a variety of environments.
* R&D roles/polymer chemistry/ product formulation changes (all done on site at the manufacturer & scaled up in manufacturing plant)
* Technical writing- 2 thesis, and a raft of SOP's written to TGA requirements/reports to TGA/
* computer systems validation to TGA/FDA requirements- need IT dudes to do the coding, but I can write the requirements/design test scripts/reports to meet requirements.
* team lead/lab manage/mentor
* would like to try technical sales roles - HPLC/lab consumables etc.
* unlike most science nerds, I like people a lot, and like talking/giving presentations etc.
Can supply full resume etc on request.