Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 152

Thread: Circuit VL commo - HSVSUX

  1. #31
    Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    11,230
    With the amount of abortions getting around, this is a credit to the VL scene.

    Very nice car, and interesting use of an Auto. Do you find it has good power out of corners with the limited gear ratios? Does it run a high stall to overcome the gaps in gearing?
    10.83 @ 125

    Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.


    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

  2. #32
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31
    With the amount of abortions getting around, this is a credit to the VL scene. Very nice car
    Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31
    and interesting use of an Auto. Do you find it has good power out of corners with the limited gear ratios? Does it run a high stall to overcome the gaps in gearing?
    It has incredible punch out of all corners, yes I run a small 2800 TCE converter, I tried a 3500 stall at one stage, now that was dangerous, lol, it just lit the tyres out of every turn at part throttle, lol. The motor has such a huge trq spread really compared with most circuit engines thats why it works so well.
    after the starts I only use 2nd and 3rd gears (4th has been disabled-too weak) and there is no 'hole' in the gearing at all, its quite amazing.

  3. #33
    Inanimate Carbon Rod Blind_Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    perth, WA
    Posts
    1,243
    Very nice, looks tough as

  4. #34
    Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    11,230
    Nice. What sort of boost and RPM do you get when you stall it on the line? Does it have a transbrake? (sorry for the drag related questions lol)
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 04-06-07 at 08:06 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

    Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.


    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

  5. #35
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    No Transbrake.
    Brent knows the rest...

  6. #36
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31
    Nice. What sort of boost and RPM do you get when you stall it on the line? Does it have a transbrake? (sorry for the drag related questions lol)
    As I use circuit slicks (and after the warm up lap they arent really hot yet) I cant leave with any boost or it will just smoke the bags, but I do get close to boost against the brake, some starters are hard to judge on handicap starts (flagfall) and i sit there for a while against the brake with like 20% throttle and it can start to turn the tyres, the starters are going "wtf this cawk is doing a burnout" haha
    But its very controlable compared with a peaky high HP NA with a tall first gear and a triple plate clutch, lol. generally speaking i get a really good jump on most cars on the start line (particularly V8SC's )

    no transbrake - the dunlop slicks wouldnt like that at all, lol

  7. #37
    Manta Manta GTREA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,650
    Geez thats got somewhat more seroius since I saw it on Caliasturbo.com a few years back!

    I bought your old Bosch 036's from you many years ago for my RB30ET project....seem to remember you having a very nice shed with scenic views also
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC
    2013 Kia Rio
    2018 LDV T60

  8. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7,908
    With only 3rd gear what sort of speeds and RPM's do you get to? Very nice car by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
    as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

  9. #39
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20trx
    Geez thats got somewhat more seroius since I saw it on Caliasturbo.com a few years back!

    I bought your old Bosch 036's from you many years ago for my RB30ET project....seem to remember you having a very nice shed with scenic views also
    Cheers
    Yeah I remember you, how are ya?
    the horses and cows are still over the back fence

  10. #40
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_vod69
    With only 3rd gear what sort of speeds and RPM's do you get to? Very nice car by the way.
    3rd gear is 1:1 so its like top gear in a race manual anyway.

    with the 3.23 gears it did 7200 on the limiter in top at Pukekohe
    with the 3.08 gears it revs a bit less and 'maybe' does 5kph more
    I dont have a speedo in the car but you can work it out easy enough..
    (630mm tyre OD)

    thanks

  11. #41
    Opens Chad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,476
    Very impressive car mate. Would love to see some more footage of your car as well as the rest in your field that you race in over there.

    Well done.

  12. #42
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    http://www.supergt.com/ and head to 'Team & Drivers'

  13. #43
    Registered User RB30-POWER's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    out in the boonies...
    Posts
    4,383
    here is an old incar vid, that i don't think is on his webpage in his sig.

    http://home.iprimus.com.au/dialup_v9...UX_one_lap.mpg

  14. #44
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by RB30-POWER
    here is an old incar vid, that i don't think is on his webpage in his sig.

    http://home.iprimus.com.au/dialup_v9...UX_one_lap.mpg
    Yes it is - it's the first vid

    BTW guys, big changes are afoot so stay tuned...
    Last edited by Lurch; 23-06-07 at 09:29 PM.

  15. #45
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7,908
    Damn thats eerie, the sound of the Auto, in what is obviously a track car. Damn it seems fast, very impressive video.
    Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
    as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

  16. #46
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    I am embaressed by that video these days, the car wasnt very fast back then and the auto had done a few years and was starting to get soggy.
    the funny line into some corners is due to the fact that im defending 1st place and was getting hounded quite bad, lol

  17. #47
    We do it for fun ATMO_BT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    20
    always been in a class of it's own this VL, it would be great if you did a little guide on how to get the things to actually handle (perhaps in stages, as not everyone can afford or wants to do a setup as extreme as this). I've just finished building the driveline setup on mine (similar to yours however 30/40r turbo and r33 box) and now want to make the thing feel less like a boat floating around corners.

  18. #48
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1 View Post
    always been in a class of it's own this VL, it would be great if you did a little guide on how to get the things to actually handle (perhaps in stages, as not everyone can afford or wants to do a setup as extreme as this). I've just finished building the driveline setup on mine (similar to yours however 30/40r turbo and r33 box) and now want to make the thing feel less like a boat floating around corners.
    Grab yourself the latest issue of RACE Magazine mate.
    Good article in there about how to set early Dunnydoors up for track work, without going OTT

  19. #49
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    Bit of a teaser shot... In preparation for things to come...
    (Sorry Brent - couldn't resist)
    Last edited by Lurch; 08-09-07 at 09:26 PM.

  20. #50
    Registered User 260BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Warwick
    Posts
    15,134
    Last edited by 260BC; 08-09-07 at 07:45 PM.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

    “Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

    “Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

  21. #51
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Hahaha, sly one.....

    they are 17 x 11 and 300/640/17 Dunlops, retub the thing much???!!!

  22. #52
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    27,477
    looking good! Little bit of work with the hammer and block of wood there?

    Cheers for all the advice you have given me on my own project (even if I did pick Bilstein over Koni lol)
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

  23. #53
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    thats ok, I realise people are slow to learn.............

  24. #54
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    27,477
    haha harsh!
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

  25. #55
    sack riding 10sec rx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    18,367
    that is way cool!
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

  26. #56
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Thanks!

  27. #57
    weirdo F|sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bunbury
    Posts
    5,451
    looks very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroll Smith
    The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
    Royalpurple Oils

  28. #58
    Circuit race VLT ?? HSVSUX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    341
    Cheers guys
    Should be on the dyno in the next 3 weeks, racing season starts in 5 weeks........... hell!! - better get out to the garage now.

  29. #59
    GTR Wanker MR 1JZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rademalaide
    Posts
    3,329
    I dont normally like VL's

    this one is pretty sweet though...

    definitiely not your average dose equipped swedish one...
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

  30. #60
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,622
    Edited.
    Last edited by Lurch; 06-10-07 at 07:50 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •