Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 443

Thread: Project XH

  1. #31
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by carcrazy View Post
    Looks good, the twin cam looks factory!

    Why is the dash out?
    Weight loss programme. Also for the cage going in. Std loom, shifter and cluster are moving out, then Microtech, B&M and AutoMeter are moving in.

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sydney ,Australia
    Posts
    816
    sounds good what box are you going to be running?

    is the motor getting built, ie pistons and rods etc etc?

  3. #33
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWEPN View Post
    sounds good what box are you going to be running?

    is the motor getting built, ie pistons and rods etc etc?
    The box is a Turbo 400, going for a trans brake and manual shift. Haven't decided exactly on engine combo yet as I just wanna get all of the bolt ons sorted, but so far I have a set of Argo rods for it. It will be built though. With it all running and going in a straight line, I'm hoping to race it in the 28x9 SC class, so i might end up ripping out the leaf springs and puting in a ladder bars setup and 9-inch. See how it all goes.

  4. #34
    Smrt.. Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    5,916
    Looks great Boxer!!

  5. #35
    sack riding 10sec rx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    18,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaUte View Post
    Progress! Microtech has arrived, big thanks to those involved (you know who you are)
    looking good box head!!

    no need to thank me.... ill give you the bill next time i see you
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

  6. #36
    ARE YOU REAAAAADY? Grunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    3,720

    this looks fun!

    FYi more pics and car for sale here - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Twin-Turbo-Fo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

  7. #37
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post

    this looks fun!

    FYi more pics and car for sale here - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Twin-Turbo-Fo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Yeah, saw that at the Ford Drags Nats at Heathcote. Very neat setup. Owner was awol though, so I never got to talk about it.

  8. #38
    2ofdem
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaUte View Post
    The box is a Turbo 400, going for a trans brake and manual shift. Haven't decided exactly on engine combo yet as I just wanna get all of the bolt ons sorted, but so far I have a set of Argo rods for it. It will be built though. With it all running and going in a straight line, I'm hoping to race it in the 28x9 SC class, so i might end up ripping out the leaf springs and puting in a ladder bars setup and 9-inch. See how it all goes.
    Why didn't you go a C4/C6?

  9. #39
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Wanted to go a different route. Besides were covering the build in Street Fords mag and there's already a C4 story in the pipeline.

  10. #40
    Opens muttaburra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Townsville Nth Qld
    Posts
    3,126
    wholly fark!!!!!!

    so does the bonnet close? or did it require a hammer?
    3 broken mitsubishi's (fuck im stupid)
    camry (daily)
    200 series cruiser (wifeys)

  11. #41
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by muttaburra View Post
    wholly fark!!!!!!

    so does the bonnet close? or did it require a hammer?
    I tell ya, if it was mounted in the standard position the bonnet would need some serious chopping, yet the mounts have been modified and the motor sits about an inch lower and and inch and a half further back, so it should clear without a drama.

  12. #42
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    picked up some dry ice this morning and some bits of aluminium to replace the factory buckets

    I'm not sure if Telstra seat brackets are ANDRA approved yet though










  13. #43
    sack riding 10sec rx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    18,367
    how good is the dry ice!!!

    ill call you when i fix my phone!!!
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

  14. #44
    Opens HoonBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,820
    How much dry ice did you use?

  15. #45
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by HoonBoy View Post
    How much dry ice did you use?
    Got 6kg. Was more than enough. one thing I'd do differently next tim is rather than doing all four sections at once, I'll do one section at a time, then move the ice around after each one. It lasts for ages.

    Then when you're done, stick the ice down the drain at your townhouse complex and pour water over it to freak out the neighbours with "smoke coming out of the drain"

  16. #46
    Chopped BigMuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    12,781
    What does 6kg of dry ice cost?

  17. #47
    sack riding 10sec rx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    18,367
    $6 per kilo mate i reckon you could do it with 2kg
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

  18. #48
    Registered User GSRman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Caught in the ACT
    Posts
    17,647
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaUte View Post

    Then when you're done, stick the ice down the drain at your townhouse complex and pour water over it to freak out the neighbours with "smoke coming out of the drain"


    or, put some in a coke bottle, put the lid on, and don't be where it is.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

  19. #49
    Opens ALLMTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Newcastlish
    Posts
    24,131
    I take it you've decided on "race only" from the thread swap? That's a shame
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

  20. #50
    Opens blackbart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The block brudda
    Posts
    4,186
    Fark, now I know what you were talking about the other day. I have to read more of the racer threads.
    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
    2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
    2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
    2005 WR250
    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
    I finance the RMS

  21. #51
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    I take it you've decided on "race only" from the thread swap? That's a shame
    Too many COPS on the roads these days spoiling modified car owners fun

    hehe

  22. #52
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Just waiting on the bigger turbo before it goes back in for the rest of the fabrication, but I've been rooting around with this. Wadda ya reckon

    http://www.projectxh.com

  23. #53
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    For some reason my Saturday night lotto ticket had the wrong numbers on it again, yet if it didn't, something like this would probably happen.


  24. #54
    Chopped BigMuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    12,781
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaUte View Post
    Just waiting on the bigger turbo before it goes back in for the rest of the fabrication, but I've been rooting around with this. Wadda ya reckon

    http://www.projectxh.com
    The gallery sucks balls. Opening every image in a new window is a bit 1993 isn't it?

    Project is cool though. Not a really new idea, but desirable enough.

  25. #55
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    The gallery sucks balls. Opening every image in a new window is a bit 1993 isn't it?

    Project is cool though. Not a really new idea, but desirable enough.
    More a case of proving a point really. That's how it all started out

    As far as the gallery goes, bloody oath. I'm just learing the finer points of flash galleries

  26. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sydney ,Australia
    Posts
    816
    Updates?

  27. #57
    HoonTV RotaUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    HoonTV
    Posts
    4,521
    GT47 arrives next week, fingers X'ed. Currently dismantling engine.

    Just waiting on a balancer puller so I can get the freakin timing cover off.


  28. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    10
    I hope your not waiting on the ford one. I just use a generick one from autobahn and cut some u bolts in half like hooks to pull mine of worked a treat cost stuff all. Use some imagination befors diving into the wallet.

  29. #59
    Gimme six Schlitzes Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Hanover, NH, USA
    Posts
    7,301
    What's the dry ice for, freezing the sound-deadening shit? HTFU and use a chisel like the rest of us

  30. #60
    sack riding 10sec rx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    18,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaUte View Post
    GT47 arrives next week, fingers X'ed. Currently dismantling engine.

    Just waiting on a balancer puller so I can get the freakin timing cover off.

    CHE to the rescue!!
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •