Currently looking for a Snr NetBackup Administrator to provide technical leadership, direction and support for our large and growing NetBackup environment.
While the role is part of the Enterprise Storage team and the primary focus will be on maintaining the Backup and Restore service, there is scope to assist with other Storage related work, particularly with regard to NetApp filers.
Statement of Duties
· Responsible for the backup and restoration service, including design, architecture, software installation, configuration, policies, administration, procedures, standards and support.
· Monitoring, troubling shooting, problem reporting and resolution of all data protection incidents.
· Coordination with vendors on issues with software, hardware, or the interaction between the two.
· Capacity planning and performance analysis of backup and restore infrastructure.
· Assist with the administration and maintenance functions of the storage infrastructure environment, including storage provisioning, installation, configuration and support.
· Developing projects for upgrading existing infrastructure or deploying new systems to increase performance or capacity as required
· Respond to and resolve escalated customer issues
· Provide technical advice and direction to both customers and other team members
· Maintain documentation & configuration diagrams.
· Performing other duties as required.
Mandatory Skills Required
· Expert NetBackup administration skills (min 3yrs), incl solution design, complex problem resolution, capacity monitoring, providing expert advice and leadership to others, etc.
· Experience working in a large enterprise class environment, including change management concepts and procedures
· Experience producing technical design and operational documentation
Highly Desirable Skills
· Administration of NetBackup PureDisk solutions
· Linux or AIX administration and scripting
· Oracle RMAN backup methodologies
· SAP backup methodologies
· Storage administration skills, including use of snapshot integration with backup tools
· NetApp OnTap administration experience
· Knowledge of Storage Area Networks
Email me if you're interested - email@example.com