It's a long time since I've posted anything about the car, but I'm all inspired to get her finished and go racing (of some sort). But I want to make sure it meets current regs before I go made.
I don't have the old website anymore but the brief synopsis for those that came in late.
TT 4.0L V8
Essentially imagine and MGB with the only original parts being the panels.
I've trawled the CAMs manual top to bottom, but after some interpretation help?
1) I was planning to do some hill climbs, and it seems the CAMs regs now allow cars with engine capacities over 6 litres? Or am I missing something?
2) I'm sure I read that the fuel tank had to be seperated from the passenger compartment by an impervious barrier so no fuel could leak in? I can't see that anymore? The tank has foam in, and had one attempt at making and impervious barrier but it was a bastard.
3) I need to check with the maker of the cage (years ago in another state) on what bar thicknesses were used (it's chrome moly), but for SPEED events I think the cage at face value meets the requirements for an open top car? Is the horizontal cross brace between the bottom of the main hoop ok?
I need to check the base plate sizes as I'm concerned they might be too small now. Be a mongrel if they don't though.
4) How do I get a safety certificate for the cage?
5) Should I do the panel work (tubs etc) before getting the car sand blasted or dipped?
6) How expensive is dipping vs blasting? Any opinions on what's best/cheapest.
7) For a scatter shield how expensive is that the alloy that CAMS allow you to use? Are the weight savings significant?
The car is more finished than those photos show, but not by much.
Thanks and I'm sure I'll have more questions as I progress.