Been keeping a eye on these forums for a while now and thought i should post up some info on my VK Calais.
Its fitted with a Genuine Walkinshaw engine (whats left of it) that has had a fair amount fo work done to it, this engine has been thru a few different combos such as a few hyd cammed 304ci setups, a 355ci setup with COME alloy head. And now a 355ci Engine, Solid Roller Cam, Yella Terra Heads and a Single T51R Garret Turbo. Below are the engine specs.
- Walkinshaw Block with Full Stud Kit, 4 bolt mains, o ringed deck.
- Crankshaft Rebuilders 3.48in Stroke Crank
- Modified TRW Blower pistons that are also HPC Coated
- 9:1 Comp
- Dash 9 Yella Terra Heads with 2.08 and 1.625 REV Valves, ISKY Tool Room Gold Springs and flow 650hp. Posted by Nathan Higgins.
- Crane Solid Roller Cam 236/244 at 50 with COMP Cams lifters etc
- Yella Terra Platinum Shaft Mount Rockers
- Powerglide Trans built by RaceTranz in Geelong with Transbrake etc
- TCE 9-1/2in 4000rpm Converter
- Borg Warned Diff with Romac 31 Spline Full Spool and Moser Axles.
- Motec M800 ECU with Motec CDI, Crane Coil, 96lb Injectors and full Supercar spec wiring loom.
- Data logging with M800 of all engine sensors plus Tranny Temp, Air Temp B4 Cooler, MAP Before Cooler, Exh Back Pressure, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Temp, EGT, Transbrake Status etc.
- Factory VR/S Cast exh manifolds
- T51R Garret with 1.22 T4 Rear
- 3.5" S/S Exhuast with Magnaflow S/S Race Mufflers
- 48mm Turbosmart Wastegate
- Twin Bosch 044 Pumps and Edelbock Reg
- All braided fuel lines, boost lines, tranny lines etc
Having some isues with the exhuast back pressure and the blower cam on pump fuel, but it makes 500rwhp on 11psi of boostwith 98octane fuel and thats with the full exhaust fitted.
Drop the exhuast and fill the tank with Sunoco Maxnos fuel and ite makes 650rwhp at 15psi.
I raced it last year when it still had a Delco ECU, No Cage and using Pump Fuel, it went 10.66 @ 136mph without using the transbrake. After that i fitted a cage and the Motec ECU, new injectors etc.
I then raced it at the Holden Nats this year and went 9.57 @ 147mph wth a 1.56 60ft.
Since then i have fitted some new bushes to the rear lower control arms, Koni Adjustable Shocks, BA Falcon Twin Thermo Fans and a Davies Craig EWP.I took the car out to calder on Friday Night and went 9.14 at 149.8mph with a 1.44 60ft. I am still limited to 5psi using the transbrake as any more turns into wheel spin.
So plans are now to change diff gears to bring the revs down a little across the line, fit a parchute and a bigger intercooler (have huge boost drop across the core) and probaly wind up the boost a bit more and ry for a 8 sec pass.