Thread: 308 V8 Powered Toyota Tarago

308 V8 Powered Toyota Tarago

1984 Toyota Tarago V8

I have been thinking about selling this for awhile now, So will put it up to see how it goes, Not fussed if it sells really, but cant really afford so many toys,
    I have had this van for about 5 years, The motor conversion has been in it for about 2-3 years, It was originaly a 3Y 4cyl and 5 speed manual...... It was far to slow.......

It now has a mild 308 Holden V8, The motor was built by "The Brock Shop" a few years ago, It has been very well looked after and very regulary serviced,

It has ported heads with bigger valves etc, Flat top pistons, Fairly lumpy cam (unsure specs) Edelbrock manifold, 600 Holley, MSD Coil, Crane cams ignition unit, Crane cams electrionic dizzy, hi volume oil pump, brand new (17/7/12) hi torque gear reduction starter motor etc, brand new (23/8/12) Balanced flexplate, usual good gear, It has a 3000rpm Hi-stall convertor, trimatic auto box, Hurst pro ratchet shifter, Running Commodore diff (3:23 ratio, really needs 3:45) It has twin radiators with thermo fans, I have just installed a stainless steel flexable bottom radiator hose, (sprintcar style) Makes around 200rwhp with new exhaust, Which is enough when your steering a Tarago...

It is Mod plated for the conversion and registered as a 308 with the current motor, Registration due in Jan 2013,

Brand new twin exhaust with "Hooker Aero-Chamber" mufflers fitted today (04/07/12)

(Edit: 17-07-12) **New exhaust done, It is running standard exhaust manifolds, The motor is slightly restricted as it really needs decent extractors, I have the extractors off the motor from when it was in a Commodore to go with it, Needs mods to fit, It now runs the stock V8 maniflds with twin 2.25" exhaust into 2 "Hooker Headers Aero chamber" mufflers then twin 2.5" tailpipes, Sounds awesome

Also has new gear reduction starter motor (End Edit 17-07-12) **

Brand New Custom 600hp rated tailshaft fitted today (19-10-112)

The van itself does have some rust in the usual Tarago places, and the paint is a bit rough, few minor dents etc, woul need a paint job to look the part again, Also needs a windscreen as it has a crack in it,

I am still fixing it up slowly and will continue to do so untill sold,

It is a pretty cool cruiser and gets lots of looks (many unsure and confused ones) and definatly a whole lot of fun to drive,

It is still an 8 seater van so you can go cruising with 7 of your mates

Asking $4500
    Will swap or part trade with cash either way, open to offers

Quick Vid, there is a couple more on there somewhere
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjYvvOtKxQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt7U5MrL2bs

few pics, bottom engine bay pics are of coversion being done,
    The bullbar is no longer on it but it does come with it if wanted,

Last edited by 350stato; 29-10-12 at 05:36 PM.

can this be registered in pricktoria?

im far too lazy to look.

my bro (hr turbo) and myself were talking to you at harrys diner the other night. something cool and different for sure.
    meh

Sorry about the images.. You need to post the whole link in and click the 'image' button

Cool car..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo-urns View Post
    I'm not an engineer but if I was I would call what I'm talking about spring rate to mass ratio reaction speed.

Sawtell NSW Luxury Boutique Holiday Home Rental Accomodation Mid North Coast

Quote Originally Posted by ITS60S View Post
    Some say he's roger cordia without the disability pension and shaving cream, others say his bus windows are licked clean every day - all we know is he's called boothy.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be

i have sexdaily, i mean dyslexia

absolutely ridiculous.

GLWS.
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

fucking awesome. seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Smoooooth, like a fresh blue suit and a pink tie! GQ Smooth's Avatar
    ridiculously awesome. surely rolling about naked in $4500 of crisp bills would be less fun than this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    ridiculously awesome. surely rolling about naked in $4500 of crisp bills would be less fun than this thing?

Haha.. this ^

Fucking awesome, good luck with sale. Best budget Family Van ever.

I need more cylinders! nine2nine's Avatar
    Has it had a run at willowbank?

Projects:
    '90 2jz-gte 929
    '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Fucken hell I would love this thing! Stupid NSW and that fact I am broke as O.J Simpson right now.
    930 turbo. Needs more power.

Real life axe man Justin Bieber's Avatar
    Hmm. Wife wants a family car... She does like Holden V8's....
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    Met up with a chick at D&D ball at the Entertainment Centre years ago. She had a face that looked like it had been set on fire and someone put it out using a baseball bat full of nails...

Best van ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gussy View Post
    It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

I approve, lots.

This appeals to my inner idiot.
    Also my outer idiot.
    GLWS!
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

So stupid its awesome!! love it

Very cool! I can only imagine how quick a family of Samoans could get to the Logan KFC in this.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

Thanks for the comments guys and to bigmuz & tripper for fixing the pics , Although I have now noticed they are a little old, will update over the weekend, Recent pic is the one without the bullbar,

Greenhj: Yes would imagine so, It has a mod plate and engineers certificate, all legal,
    SR20 KE30: Yes I remember, Your brother's car is awesome, would never have picked it watching you...ummm...ahem.....push it into the car park lol

nine2nine: No it has not run...yet, makes around 200rwhp at a guess, maybe good for 13's

Thought it was reasonably priced as it does need a windscreen as some rust repair & paint....

Sold!!

No one will believe you tremolo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Very cool! I can only imagine how quick a family of Samoans could get to the Logan KFC in this.
    Hahahaha

It would be the coolest van in fitzy's carpark for sure