Page 413 of 418 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,390 of 12534

Thread: F1 Shit Talk Thread -

They met up on the spice girls tour? Thatís cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

So where is the Canada thread already? Are the Renault updates going to work or take 5 races to understand?

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

You mean French thread? We've done Canada.. something about a bit of penalty controversy ya know

Itís actually the French speaking part of Canada where the next race is.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    You mean French thread? We've done Canada.. something about a bit of penalty controversy ya know

Yeah I mean French GP. Inching for this one after seeing Renault show a bit of pace in Canada and knowing there are chassis updates coming

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post

Yeah I mean French GP. Inching for this one after seeing Renault show a bit of pace in Canada and knowing there are chassis updates coming

Interested to see how much RedBull gain from the next Honda upgrade

Same - Cyril made some interesting comments this week about how he talks things up before each race and then stuff doesnít go right, seemed like he had the shits as well. The Hulk seems confident itís all going the right way as well.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    Interested to see how much RedBull gain from the next Honda upgrade
    If they didnít bring one to Canada I would imagine itís a while off now.

Hopefully Red Bull donít get lapped next race out....

I thought they had new Hondaís for Canada, which is why they were worried about that one failure?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I thought they had new Hondaís for Canada, which is why they were worried about that one failure?
    Think it was the same upgrade the introduced earlier. You would want to hope so at least. Doesnít look like RBR will win a race this season, they are already 2 races and 1 pole down on the same point last season

Last upgrade was Azerbaijan

https://racer.com/2019/06/14/honda-t...-at-french-gp/

Pretty sure Redbull knew it would be taking grid penalties at some stage this year

Last upgrade was Azerbaijan

https://racer.com/2019/06/14/honda-t...-at-french-gp/

Pretty sure Redbull knew it would be taking grid penalties at some stage this year
    Haha

Actual quote: ďItís not only a Honda matter; we are closely working with the teams, for both Toro Rosso and Red Bull. At the moment I cannot tell exactly when, but we are looking for a new, updated PU.Ē

Turned into:
    RACER understands the next specification will be introduced at Paul RicardĒ

Does explain why I havenít seen any other sources reporting Honda to introduce upgrade at the French GP

Haha

Actual quote: ďItís not only a Honda matter; we are closely working with the teams, for both Toro Rosso and Red Bull. At the moment I cannot tell exactly when, but we are looking for a new, updated PU.Ē

Turned into:
    RACER understands the next specification will be introduced at Paul RicardĒ

Does explain why I havenít seen any other sources reporting Honda to introduce upgrade at the French GP

Apparently it came out via a Dutch paper the - De Telegraaf so it maybe just Max hype - but generally Racer is pretty good

Also being reported at:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-...-prix-upgrade/
    https://www.grandprix.com/news/honda...in-france.html
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...ade-in-france/

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Apparently it came out via a Dutch paper the - De Telegraaf so it maybe just Max hype - but generally Racer is pretty good

Also being reported at:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-...-prix-upgrade/
    https://www.grandprix.com/news/honda...in-france.html
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...ade-in-france/
    Yeah I read that misrepresented quote that Max said elsewhere. I think itís just clickbait over Max hype. I remember autosport claiming early on this season that anything with Honda in the tittle had a lot of views. Imo this is just a case of optimistic Chinese whispers with a bit of click bait added in the recipe.

My guess would be Great Britain as they keep talking about wanting to last 7 races to prove reliability. They will have to take a penalty no doubt about it, but they are also trying to prove the reliability of the last upgrade

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    I don't think they'll care about where they come in the title race. Its about wins. So if there is a meaningful improvement in the powertrain, then they'll strategically take the penalties.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    I don't think they'll care about where they come in the title race. Its about wins. So if there is a meaningful improvement in the powertrain, then they'll strategically take the penalties.
    Well they will get the same as last year for title race, nothing will change that. Wins....well if they can get a win this year I would be impressed. Your right though if they can take a penalty for a better engine they will in a heartbeat. Considering they brought their last update forward I just donít think they have anything hence why they are going on about reliably

I think if they could make real race power - even with half-reliability, surely they would take it - being able to fight with the top teams every second race would surely be worth it...

maybe just give the rest of the field an extra 5kg of fuel
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Itís being reported on the F1 app that Honda are bringing their upgrades this weekend, so thatís about as real as it gets.

Turbocharger upgrade -https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-second-engine-upgrade-france/4477358/

And Cyril is worried new cost cap will mean he has to spend more - https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/bu...nding/4476761/

Upgrade looks real. Normal sources reporting now. Hope it brings some power

Paddy formally gone.

What a disaster.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Paddy formally gone.

What a disaster.
    I thought that and then pondered ďjust where did Paddy take the team in the past 2-3 yearsĒ?

Itís not that Paddy isnít good, but he sure didnít fit/deliver in the Williams environment against the promises. It doesnít matter if it was Paddyís fault, or Claire or the cafeteria staff that made it not work. The job is now vacant and will hopefully find someone that can move the team on.
    ---

Pato to make his Formula 2 debut this weekend !!!!

Redbull / Honda / Max Haters - You can all rub one out over this - https://racer.com/2019/06/25/honda-u...ys-verstappen/

Redbull / Honda / Max Haters - You can all rub one out over this - https://racer.com/2019/06/25/honda-u...ys-verstappen/
    When Vettel won in 2011 he won 11 races (Except for Brazil and ABU - he didn't finish off the podium) - Hamilton has equaled but yet to beat this

#teamtremolo

I heard the post race that the quote was taken from. You can see Max is getting itchy. He also mentioned Renault has a qualifying mode that Honda doesnít. You could see from his body language that he trying to restrain himself. If you look at the qually lap comparison between Noris and him you can see why.

It wonít be long till RBR have a very frustrated verstappen on their hands

I heard the post race that the quote was taken from. You can see Max is getting itchy. He also mentioned Renault has a qualifying mode that Honda doesnít. You could see from his body language that he trying to restrain himself. If you look at the qually lap comparison between Noris and him you can see why.

It wonít be long till RBR have a very frustrated verstappen on their hands

That comparison was nuts. Max gains like 1.5 tenths into the back chicane!
    #teamtremolo

^ I think ultimately Max will go no where - heís quick on the day in a good car, but heís just missing something.

Now heís saying Renault have a special qualifying mode, but wasnít it 5 races ago Honda ďParty ModeĒ was a thing?

Redbull as a team seem absolutely incapable of working with an engine supplier when theyíre not winning. Can already see them starting to turn in Honda.

If they keep this up theyíll end up having to build their own engines because I doubt anyone is interested in having them as a customer.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    That comparison was nuts. Max gains like 1.5 tenths into the back chicane!
    Yeah that RBR is something else under brakes. Of course RBR did not mention that compromise when slagging Renault last year. I was a little surprised to hear Max fire off a cheap shot at Honda already. Though it would take a little longer.

I feel like Max is driving superbly this year, all things considered. When the 2019 lineup was announced, I thought Red Bull would be nowhere as I didn't believe Max would have what it takes to be a team leader and Gasly wouldn't have enough to contribute as a #2 driver. Turns out I was wrong on both counts as Max is doing better than expected and Gasly considerably worse than I ever thought possible...

Not a Verstappen fan by any stretch of the imagination but wouldn't mind some variety, could Singapore favour #33? If you happen to be someone wishing for a race winner from a team that isn't Mercedes, where does that seem possible this year? I can't seem them bested on pure pace for the next few races, but perhaps Spa and Monza could favour the Ferrari? Red Bull at Singapore? 3 in a row for Max in Mexico?