Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: VL LS3 turbo sleeper

Then make a fancy bracket with angles and weight reduction slots so it doesn't look like a piece of 80mm flat bar
    Weld the washer thing to the bracket
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190607_161705.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	112073

Bolt it in

Name:	IMG_20190607_164657.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	112074

Weld it to the cage and done. That took me the best part of today. Can't be sure if I'm not overly productive or this sort of work just takes alot longer than it looks like it should

Name:	IMG_20190607_164644.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	112075

Good work. Yeah, roll cage looks like finicky PITA work
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

It's weird seeing someone doing a fully welded cage in a nice car, I used to guys cutting the roof off to get to the top of the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Good work. Yeah, roll cage looks like finicky PITA work
    Cheers Chuck!

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    It's weird seeing someone doing a fully welded cage in a nice car, I used to guys cutting the roof off to get to the top of the tubes.
    Believe me I did consider peeling the roof skin off briefly while I was cursing welding the top of the main hoop, then I remembered Ive made the cage that tight to the roof I'll never get the roof lining back in ever.

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Who bent up the hoop and the rest of the stays? Or did you grab yourself a bender and knock them out yourself from templates etc..? Fucking mint fab work man! You're killing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Quote Originally Posted by krisr View Post
    Who bent up the hoop and the rest of the stays? Or did you grab yourself a bender and knock them out yourself from templates etc..? Fucking mint fab work man! You're killing it
    I bought them from JL racecars, His front legs and hoop profile are nice and tight to the bodey, it was quicker and more cost effective for me to buy them from him than waste tube getting it wrong.
    A mate also has a bender, so i could bend what i wasn't happy with from his stuff. Rear legs, taxi bar, window bar.
    His front floor boxes are also shit and i have no idea what rail profile they are designed for, but its not a VL. Had to make them again.

A bit more progress, works picked up so car time suffers.

Name:	IMG_20190615_151632.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	112221

Name:	IMG_20190615_151653.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	112222

I've had multiple issues over the years with different sorts of the keyed kill switches corroding internally over time creating resistance problems. I didn't want to put a hole in a panel and my old key switch inside the fuel flap setup technically doesn't comply for racing. Best solution I could find was these push rod one switches, highest "rated" for cranking amps I could find. The push rod exits between the bumper trim and the tail light so I can remove it when I want to street it with no visible hole.

Name:	IMG_20190615_151724.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	112223

Cars off for a full retrim next week as we can't match the leather unfortunately.

Nice and neat man.

Shame about the trim
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

It's pretty much impossible to colour match interiors due to fade/wear etc. There's also a few issues at the moment with the supply of coloured hide etc, the tannery is having trouble getting his hands on certain colours of hide and sheepskin.