Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Evo 8 racecar

No luck there unfortunately

Been cracking on with getting things done on this. Need to have it ready for Bathurst at easter and ideally at least one practice day before then to setup all the new bits.
    Wrote myself a to do list the other day which was about 50 jobs long and I think there's about 90 days until Bathurst so I think I'm going to be pretty flat out to get it all done!

Bought myself a new 3D printer and put it to work making some parts up, new shifter mounts to replace the big steel plate that is there originally, along with some dummy caliper mounts to check fitment.

Still learning what all the different settings do but I was fairly impressed with how strong these actually turned out to be.

All fitted up to the car. Raised the shifter position slightly over the oem one which helps now the seat has been moved back.

Caliper mount came out really well, only one small change needed to the radial mounting offset on the caliper but I was pretty happy with my measuring skills seeing as these were drawn up without actually having any of the new parts there, only the upright.

The calipers are very tidy, machined down so there's no unnecessary material left in them, and a super light considering how big they actually are. They're about 1kg lighter than the standard brembo ones!
    Disc hats came out pretty well, just need to get some wheels sorted out now to clear everything.

Also finished off the false floor for the pedalbox, just need to order all the hose and fittings to plumb it in now which is a job for this weekend.

Sexy as fuck

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Form and function, or in this case, form because of function.

That's some quality work right there!

Soiled myself at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Surgical.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Very tidy mate. Pissed we wont be seeing IPRA at Superloop this year diesel utes should fill the void though.

Got this thing back together for a run last sunday to set up all the new bits.

Last job was to make up some new diff mounts to get rid of all the heavy factory bits, saved 13kg which I was pretty happy with.

Testing went well, lowered my PB first lap of the day and should have lowered it further in the second session but the clutch stop screw came loose reducing the pedal throw and causing me to miss 4th gear coming out of the northern hairpin. Came in and adjusted it back up, only to discover the left front tyre had delaminated ending the day a bit early.

Not really surprised as they were free tires that I was only really planning on using to set up the brake bias with.
    Still pretty happy to be stuffing things up and still doing 14's, 13's are definitely on the cards with some fresh rubber and another couple of sessions behind the wheel.
    Most importantly the brakes worked well, although I had expected to see higher brake pressures than what I was... Most stops were around 6-800psi which seems a little low compared to other cars I've seen.

Some incar from the first session of the day, lap one is the fastest.

Good luck this weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by [CatchMe] View Post
    Good luck this weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, turned out to be a pretty good result, finished in the top 5 after the three races and got the lap times down to a low 2:27, which was around the mark for where I was hoping to be.

I struggled with getting a lot of the blind braking zones correct, could do with another 100 laps around the place to slowly build up and find the limits!
    Here's the incar footage from race 3, left the door open a bit much on the last corner and got pipped for 5th on the line, but starting to find some commitment through the chase and across the top of the hill:

Great Stuff, Everything is coming along nicely for you. I thought the diff mount replacement was clever, one of those pieces you can legally change for a lightweight part. Good Work.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Looking forward to seeing the Evo this weekend at The Bend!

Quote Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the Evo this weekend at The Bend!
    Looking forward to getting out for a run, it's been a while!

Are the witches hats identifying turn in and clip points always in those positions at Mallala.

Cannot remember seeing them from in the stands when Fiona is running the 2 around.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Are the witches hats identifying turn in and clip points always in those positions at Mallala.

Cannot remember seeing them from in the stands when Fiona is running the 2 around.
    I didn't even notice them being there until you mentioned it, I think they were doing a come and try session as well which might explain why they were out.