Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol Y62

So what does a 200 series TD use on average? Wouldnt get under 12L/100km on a trip I reckon?

Yeah good value forking out an extra $30k+ to save yourself 20% in fuel.

Its not just about the fuel savings tho...towing with a diesel compared to a petrol is so much better IMO...And it doesnt even have to have big numbers on paper...its that low end power delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Hjtonner View Post
    Old's have one and love it. Used daily but out in the open tho. Avg is 15l. The other 2 in town do simular. Towing they do ok if you stay off the cruise control. I'd buy one if I had the cash. Built well underneath. Plastic is an all new cars so meh. If your brave enough to scratch it the do really well off-road but get happy on the loud pedal they will drink. 298kw 560nm from 2000rpm I think. Be interesting to see what a tune would do.
    I guess that's not toooo bad for a V8. Buuut from the reading I've done apparently that 560nm is at 4000rpm. They do mention it having good torque down low, but not that much good torque.

Will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time with some serious 4wding.
    A man can never step into the same river twice. Because, it's not the same river, it's not the same man.

Quote Originally Posted by TurbostyleR View Post
    I guess that's not toooo bad for a V8. Buuut from the reading I've done apparently that 560nm is at 4000rpm. They do mention it having good torque down low, but not that much good torque.

Will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time with some serious 4wding.
    Don't Nissan use that engine in their full sized trucks in the US of A?

You'd need a Lancrusier 200 VX to match the Patrols base spec. 91K + ORC
    Last edited by rj_astra; 01-07-15 at 11:42 PM.

Opens
    200 VX diesel fuel usage at the moment is in the low 13s/100km around town, with heavy arse ATs and bullbar and shit. Low 11s/100km on the highway if you drive it normally. No idea about towing. Interesting though, when we lived in Mt Isa, there was about 10-12 y62s getting around town. And yes, parking a 200 and y62 next to each other, they are fuggin massive

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    So what does a 200 series TD use on average? Wouldnt get under 12L/100km on a trip I reckon?

Yeah good value forking out an extra $30k+ to save yourself 20% in fuel.
    As long as the retards continue to not be able to count, logic like this doesn't matter because of the inflated resale.

Those fuckers better not work it out until after I sell my diesel 4x4.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

yea only takes 350,000 ok km to take up the diffrenece

lol

stupid fuckers
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Guy at work just got the top of the range on for 75k OTR. 2013 build, 2015 compliance (!!!!)
    2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
    2011 Smart ForTwo

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Whats the resale going to be like though? Isn't every used buyer only after diesel 4wds these days? Because petrol is so expensive and diesel is cheaper
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

if when buying a new 4wd and you plan on using it as intended or towing and, the diesel and petrol models are same price, why would you buy a petrol?

the torque available in any decent modern diesel makes driving a big heavy petrol look silly. Ive had a few of both including a double locked petrol 80 series.
    RB26......................Again

This fucking thing?
    Apparently the new ones have an electric motor which makes them heavy, harder and more expensive to fix anywhere you'd care to take it out of the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

People are retarded and think of old nugget 80 series and shitbox GU 4.5/4.8 when they think of petrol motors, not awesome motors like 5.7 litre hemi or the 4.0 V6 from the Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyXF View Post
    People are retarded and think of old nugget 80 series and shitbox GU 4.5/4.8 when they think of petrol motors, not awesome motors like 5.7 litre hemi or the 4.0 V6 from the Prado.
    This. Towing a old 20 foot van the old's Y62 averages 21l at 100km/h. Was doing better than my d22 with simular weight behind it

compared to ~17L/100 for the TD cruiser (towing), the Patrol makes a lot of sense....

Quote Originally Posted by Hjtonner View Post
    This. Towing a old 20 foot van the old's Y62 averages 21l at 100km/h. Was doing better than my d22 with simular weight behind it
    Comparing a d22 15k shitbox to a y62. Youre kidding right. D22 would struggle with a 6x4 full of sand

I bet none of you cunts talking up a big capacity petrol 4wds own one.

Dont get me wrong if i had an unlimited fuel card id have an lx570 tomorrow.

And lol at the 5.7 hemi. That'd be minimum 25L towing a van

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    Comparing a d22 15k shitbox to a y62. Youre kidding right. D22 would struggle with a 6x4 full of sand

this^

i can see the point of a petrol if you give no fucks for resale value, and use it for soccer mum faggotry. but if thats the case, why own a proper 4wd at all?

for using them for what they are good at - towing and driving in remote places - petrol can eat a dick.

unladen, the fuel usages are similar on paper, towing though, the diesel might use an extra 3-5L/100. (depending on the load obviously). the petrol will be up 10-12l/100.

say you want to do somewhere real remote. the diesel you would have to carry nearly a 3rd less fuel than the petrol equiv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

But one bad batch of diesel from a remote location puts you in a World of hurt.
    Didnt matter in the old days when you're in a 4.2 Patrol or 1HD cruiser, but on today's diesels engines...

Bad batch of unleaded at worst might just mean a tow and a tank drain.
    Last edited by Sturmovik; 02-07-15 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    But one bad batch of diesel from a remote location puts you in a World of hurt.
    Didnt matter in the old days when you're in a 4.2 Patrol or 1HD cruiser, but on today's diesels engines...

Bad batch of unleaded at worst might just mean a tow and a tank drain.
    well actually the results are similar, petrol or diesel. most of the time you will get away with a drain and refill. but it can go just as pear shaped on a petrol.. specially one of them modern direct injected ones (ie the Y62)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Ah, I did 23l towing the Supra to Melbourne, full car (5 boys) spare wheels, tools, in the petrol 80 series, on 33" Mud Tyres lol.

Didnt raise a sweat, aircon on the whole way too..fuck how good are 80 series haha. That being said it struggles to keep on 100 up any sort of incline, and would drop to 60 on massve hills.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

With a 1hd you would be powering up those hills like they dont exist, while getting 14/15l per hundred towing the trailer you keep forgetting about

yes they *can* make that much difference.

Have been in one towing 2T and it getting 14l/100kms average, booting along at up to 110, overtaking pussbox 4 cyl diesel dual cabs up hills etc.

2014 GC with the 8 speed, they are fine.

I don't own one purely because everyone else has the same view as you and therefore resale. Otherwise i'd have the 5.7 Jeep GC (been in / used many times) or the 4.0 Prado (still) no worries.

Adelaide, if I'm not there I'm somewhere else
    I towed a valiant full of parts on an old over engineered car trailer from Canberra to Adelaide on one tank of fuel in my turbo diesel GU patrol, cruise control set at 100kph.

Only it had 175L capacity. And it has a 6.5L Chev...

Prefer to drive a good turbo diesel myself because not race car. And better resale, far better fuel economy when towing, much longer between fuel stops count too. For smaller vehicles then petrol is better, agree there.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by MartyXF View Post
    Have been in one towing 2T and it getting 14l/100kms average, booting along at up to 110, overtaking pussbox 4 cyl diesel dual cabs up hills etc.

2014 GC with the 8 speed, they are fine.
    No chance. They barely get that unladen

Yeh c'mon, let's have accurate fill based fuel useage figures instead of wild guesses, geez.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Wait, these were over $100k? What kind of swivel-eyed lunatic would pay $100k for a fucking Patrol?

Putting aside the rancid looks and questionable efficiency, the interior ergonomics are just woeful. That alone is enough to not even warrant a second drive for me.
    They're very obviously primarily designed for left hand drive, and if its not important enough to mirror image the centre console to put the gear selector and control dial thing within easy reach to the driver then they've lost me. Not as if it would be a huge effort - there's a bloody storage bin taking up the space where the selector should be.

It might not sound like much but given the width of the console, it's a serious stretch to reach it and I'm not a shorty. It would shit me to tears.
    Last edited by Marlin; 03-07-15 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Wait, these were over $100k? What kind of swivel-eyed lunatic would pay $100k for a fucking Patrol?
    +1 even 70k is huge..