Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Quote Originally Posted by Falc&Send View Post
    Tesla loses US$702 million in the first three months of 2019

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...-billion-74317
    A history of Musk's made (and, broken) promises on profitability can be found here.

Elon Musk warns company will run out of money in 10 months unless it curbs spending

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...nding/11126356

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk told employees that he will increase scrutiny of the company's expenses in his latest initiative to cut costs at the electric carmaker.

Tesla earlier this month closed a $US2.7 billion ($3.93 billion) offering of stock and convertible notes, giving it much needed cash as it ramps up production.

Mr Musk in an email to employees, seen by Reuters, said its net proceeds from the offering gave Tesla only 10 months to achieve break-even at the rate it was burning cash in the first quarter.

"It is important to bear in mind that we lost $US700 million in the first quarter this year, which is over $US200 million per month," Mr Musk wrote in the email.

"That is why, going forward, all expenses of any kind anywhere in the word, including parts, salary, travel expenses, rent, literally every payment that leaves our bank account must (be) reviewed.

Out of interest, (and i know the issue would be more complex than this) but is it mainly because theyre not pumping out cars fast enough for demand?

It seems theres a multi year waiting list, but theyre loosing $50mil a week?!

Or would it be more burning through cash for R&D?

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Out of interest, (and i know the issue would be more complex than this) but is it mainly because theyre not pumping out cars fast enough for demand?

they are seriously over valued as a company

you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

I think serious rivals from the bigger car makes (Porsche Taycan for example) will put even more pressure on Tesla. Can see much of Tesla’s top end market dumping them in favour of something like the Taycan which I think will prove to be a much more resolved car.

darkside, completely agree mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc&Send View Post
    Elon Musk warns company will run out of money in 10 months unless it curbs spending

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...nding/11126356
    literally every payment that leaves our bank account must (be) reviewed.

That's the issue there. If he wants people to curb spending he needs to use stronger language than "reviewed". It must be justified, if they had to front up to the CFO and explain the cost could they justify it?

Opens

Most likely building GF3 in 12 months is hurting them.

A stretch too far with his 18650 cell superfactory plus Tesla.
    It will be an epic in the wrong direction if Tesla do not continue to operate, but what Tesla should have done is sold the billions of cells to all of the Car Manufacturers who know how to build them and are heavily subsidies by their federal governments.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Quote Originally Posted by bbits_elements View Post
    It will be an epic in the wrong direction if Tesla do not continue to operate, but what Tesla should have done is sold the billions of cells to all of the Car Manufacturers who know how to build them and are heavily subsidies by their federal governments.
    Are you implying that Tesla is not heavily subsidized by the federal government?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...00-sales-mark/

Tesla will lose subsides in 2020 when sales are more than 200,000 vehicles. This legislation seems specifically targeted at Tesla.
    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everest’s summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...00-sales-mark/

Tesla will lose subsides in 2020 when sales are more than 200,000 vehicles. This legislation seems specifically targeted at Tesla.
    No, it’s for all EVs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius123 View Post
    Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man

Panasonic still do the building in the factory as it is their cells
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    I think serious rivals from the bigger car makes (Porsche Taycan for example) will put even more pressure on Tesla. Can see much of Tesla’s top end market dumping them in favour of something like the Taycan which I think will prove to be a much more resolved car.
    This.

Tesla has made some epic disruption, and achieved a great deal, but as companies like Benz and Porsche or even Ford turn their considerable experience at building cars to EVs Tesla is going to struggle to compete
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Well if your going to sell them cheap and Telsa's are cheap for what you get you need fucken massive volume. Designing the car is the easy bit, building them in large volume and maintaining quality is extremely difficult... It's taken the big boys a very long time to build the infrastructure to be able to build cars at that scale...

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Panasonic still do the building in the factory as it is their cells
    https://www.tesla.com/gigafactory

one of my eBikes has Tesla 18650 cells, better discharge than 30Q's and Pana PF cells.
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Opens

one of my eBikes has Tesla 18650 cells, better discharge than 30Q's and Pana PF cells.
    Nah for once Playa is correct.

Tesla owns the building, Panasonic owns the battery line and Tesla agrees to take all output from the line in a partnership.

Screaming banshee
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This.

Tesla has made some epic disruption, and achieved a great deal, but as companies like Benz and Porsche or even Ford turn their considerable experience at building cars to EVs Tesla is going to struggle to compete
    And interestingly even if they don't they would have achieved their stated mission 'Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.' https://www.tesla.com/about

I don't know how many shareholders would agree with that, or how many even know it exists, but its hard to argue that they wouldn't have achieved their stated mission.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    And interestingly even if they don't they would have achieved their stated mission 'Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.' https://www.tesla.com/about

I don't know how many shareholders would agree with that, or how many even know it exists, but its hard to argue that they wouldn't have achieved their stated mission.
    And this is why I wouldn't invest with them but applaud those that have. Especially when the CEO has some out saying if we go bust so be it as long as we've achieved the mission statement.

So the fact they have Tesla stamped on them means nothing ok bloke. Panasonic is merely a name, same as Tesla, who do the same thing only Tesla’s is superior in capacity and discharge. Anyhow point being, they diversified too fast and should have sold the technology rather than reinventing the wheel.

Opens
    Panasonic is a joint owner of the Gigafactory. The company provides the "2170" battery cells that go into a Model 3 battery pack. ... In the interview, Panasonic automotive executive Yoshio Ito told Bloomberg that "the bottleneck for Model 3 production has been our batteries."
    https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/09...s-gigafactory/
    The 18650 cells were all Panasonic cells too. If you agree to buy a GWh's worth of cells I'm sure they'd put Dave's Bus Shelter on them if you asked.
    Last edited by The Pupat; 24-05-19 at 03:34 PM.

Panasonic have many varieties of 18650 all with different cell chemistry. Tesla may very well have done a deal that gives them exclusive access to a certain chemistry for a number of years. Doesn't change the fact that although Tesla may own the building the production is Panasonic. Nothing unique about that arrangement.

Tesla only take the ones that pass testing at the highest standard too, there was/is an arrival about the yield of Tesla suitable batteries being a rising proportion of production but still way too low.

I’ll try and dig it up
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
    they are seriously over valued as a company

As a bit of fun, Tesla has a 33.7B cap today with a production guidance of 360,000 cars in 2019, that puts the enterprise value per vehicle sold at a 94k which is a bit more reasonable.

The corporate valuation of Tesla makes zero sense unless you think they are, somehow, more than a car company.

The value is in the solar roof cells

Just got an SMS today my Model 3 is ready to be ordered for an August delivery. here are the specs:

we only get a few pre selected trims

standard range plus: (single motor)

partial premium interior
    autopilot included
    460km range
    225km/h top speed
    0-100 in 5.6s
    only choice is 19" rims
    black interior

price: $66,000 + 2890 O.R.C

Options:
    metallic paint is $1400-2800 depending on colour
    Autonomous driving package : $7100 (car includes auto pilot as standard, this package will be full autonomous, get in you carparks, change lanes, fully automated journey with no driver intervention) i dont think this has aus approval though (or anywhere else)

performance version (dual motor):

premium interior
    autopilot included
    19 inch rims
    560km range
    261km/h top speed
    0-100 in 3.4s (not bad!)
    black interior

price: $85,000 + 6436 O.R.C

Options:
    metallic paint $1400-2800 depending on colour
    Autonomous driving package : $7100 (car includes auto pilot as standard, this package will be full autonomous, get in you carparks, change lanes, fully automated journey with no driver intervention) i dont think this has aus approval though (or anywhere else)
    performance upgrade: $6200
    - 20” Performance Wheels (michelin PS4s tyres)
    - Performance Brakes
    - Carbon fibre spoiler
    - Lowered suspension
    - Aluminium alloy pedals
    - Increased top speed from 233 km/h to 261 km/h
    - Track Mode

A full house (every box ticked) dual motor performance model 3 is $114,986 on road in QLD. I don't think I can pull that trigger...
    Last edited by burn is weird; 31-05-19 at 02:30 PM.

Oo___oO

Not bad at all!

they appear to do 11.8@115mph out of the box, which is pretty good.

Oo___oO

you can do the autonomous upgrade later yeah? it's a software expansion?
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...