Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai to have own division of performance cars equivalent to HSV/FPV/AMG/M series

Good to see prices coming in. Was the 42K lux spec above a demo or new stock sitting at a dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Good to see prices coming in. Was the 42K lux spec above a demo or new stock sitting at a dealership?
    Was a demo, less than 100klms on it at purchase. Had luxury pack already optioned, was ready to buy an RS focus but went with the N, less around and cheaper.

I tell you for a fwd car unless you are doing clutch dumps from a standstill it doesn’t feel like one driving, very surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

I'd be up for 42K for Luxury pack no sunroof. The sunroof get in the way of helmet anyway.

I reckon I'm the new year they will be keen to move on 18 plate cars.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I reckon I'm the new year they will be keen to move on 18 plate cars.
    If the "4 month wait" from the previous page is correct, there might not be a lot of them around; just a few demos.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

i30 N-Line to sit under full-fat N model - 150kw 1.6T, Sport seats / suspension, MPS4 rubber, 6pd manual/7sp DSG starting at $26,490 before dealer delivery.

https://www.motoring.com.au/hyundai-...ilable-116052/

Good value considering it undercuts the GT86 as a low-cost park anywhere, carry things track toy.
    Last edited by JGTC; 17-12-18 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JGTC View Post
    considering it undercuts the GT86 as a low-cost park anywhere, carry things track toy.
    Ooh, now that's a big call. I don't think it's going to be able to do that; very happy to be proven wrong once the reviews start coming in, but I think it's more Mazda3 GT than FT86.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Its just a rename of the SR which has been around for ages.

We picked up an Astra RS which has the same specs (except more torque) as the SR/N-Line for $26k drive away, its a good bit of kit for the daily commute, more than enough power to get around traffic and it much more exciting than the appliances corollas and the like have become. Its nothing like the Astras of old.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Ooh, now that's a big call. I don't think it's going to be able to do that; very happy to be proven wrong once the reviews start coming in, but I think it's more Mazda3 GT than FT86.
    Oh you're definitely right in terms of dynamics, i think i was guessing more from a price proposition, $26K makes for a good daily with a bit of poke and poise.

Quote Originally Posted by CussCuss View Post
    We picked up an Astra RS which has the same specs (except more torque) as the SR/N-Line for $26k drive away, its a good bit of kit for the daily commute, more than enough power to get around traffic and it much more exciting than the appliances corollas and the like have become. Its nothing like the Astras of old.
    I think the new Corolla (as in, only out in the last few months) has eclipsed the Astra.
    Also, the reason the Astras of old sold so well is because they were more fun to drive than the opposition!

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    I delivered one of the new N Line I30's yesterday to Raymond Terrace and i have to say i would have assumed it was more than 26k!
    Seemed pretty nice to me.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    I think the new Corolla (as in, only out in the last few months) has eclipsed the Astra.
    Also, the reason the Astras of old sold so well is because they were more fun to drive than the opposition!
    Not on paper, 2L N/A CVT, getfarked. Equipment is no better/worse.

Old astras were cheap, that was their main selling point.

Corollas have been riding on the reputation for the past 15 years, have not actually been impressive for a while.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Astras were no cheaper than Corollas; but they had better NVH, better handling, better road-feel etc.
    Of course they didn’t have a performance model (in fact I’m trying to remember if anyone had a performance small/hatch or if they’d given-up trying to compete with WRX & Evo?).
    The current Corolla is, if reviews are to be believed (and they’ve not said this for previous recent releases so it’s not necessarily incorrect), the best since the AE9x circa 1989 in terms of being any good to drive. People have only bought them on reliability reputation since, they’ve pretty-much ignored how they drive ...
    But true that the turbo Astras have more powahz than the Corolla.

Wonder what chassis & suspension design differences there are between the ‘cooking model’ I30’s and the N? Could you buy a few bits & put the same funs into an N-Line?
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 15-12-18 at 02:38 PM.

I30s still feel cheap to me.
    Centre console lid is loose on all of them, door seals fall off, quite a few have had exhaust leaks.

New corolla feels very well built in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by CussCuss View Post
    2L N/A CVT,
    For the Non Gimps its 2l N/A 6 speed manual.

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    For the Non Gimps its 2l N/A 6 speed
    manual.
    Only on the base Ascent. CVT for the rest of the range.

I bought a Genesis Sensory earlier this year that was used as an ambassador car for a golf tournament ,the deal offered only a fool would have walked away from, it had 2,900km on the clock and mint. I had looked at them when they advertised the new shape in 2016,but it was definitely a bridge too far financially .

Most niggle comments i hear about them come from people that have not sat in one let alone driven one, but i will say if the looks don't turn you on that's fair enough [or country of origin], there are a lot of cars i cant get past the first visual impression so my judgement is tainted from the start no matter how good the package is .

We have done a number of interstate trips in this thing and all i can say is it is the most comfortable long distance car i have driven ,no effort passing as it has 300hp and is sharp when you pedal it,average economy on a trip is 7.9liters/100km@posted speeds.

If Hyundai's performance efforts are anything like the improvement in build quality over the years, look out for forthcoming packages from them,but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you full stop.

Just saw an I30 N Fastback.
    In not sure what to think tbh.
    Kind of liked it....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Fastback.

Have been putting around in an i30N for the last 3 months or so. Can't really find any complaints with the damn thing....Maybe turning circle is a bit sucky? Everyone who I've taken for a spin in it all say the same thing (goes really well, sounds great, surprised it's a Korean car etc etc).

Yeah that fastback thing was at WTAC a few months that ago. Stick prefer the hatchback.

The Fastback really does it for me for some reason, as does that metallic primer colour. Currently top of my list to replace the Octavia later this year

Quote Originally Posted by TBass View Post
    The Fastback really does it for me for some reason, as does that metallic primer colour.
    Indeedy, shiny primer seems to work when something’s got black highlights & has big wheels; it’s serious about what it can do.
    And until recently I’d only seen it on the likes of an Audi R5, and it works on that I30N (for me).
    However I’ve seen a couple of base model current Civics in the same colour; and with Type-R sized wheel-wells & base-spec wheels & tipsy-topsy tippy-toes ride-height it comes back to looking like someone forgot the top coat ...

Are the luxury packs under $40k yet?

In a similar Korean vein, these actually look semi-cool.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...salesc.8088445

1L turbo triple with 74kW/172Nm 5 speed manual for $17,990 driveaway.

That is surprisingly not too shabby for the price if the build quality is up there with the rest of the latest efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    That is surprisingly not too shabby for the price if the build quality is up there with the rest of the latest efforts.
    Plus 7 year warranty.... they should do a one make racing series with them.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Plus 7 year warranty.... they should do a one make racing series with them.
    I think racing them will void the warranty.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
    I think racing them will void the warranty.
    Track days might be ok. Pull the plates off and how would they know?

I was more thinking that the excel class is so big now, I've seen a few guys asking 15k.... for an excel. Surely these things with a basic safety package wouldn't be much more expensive. Would be great marketing.

Last edited by da9jeff; 22-01-19 at 10:18 PM.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

When I get back home one of these would make a great shopping trolley for the nopics that I can enjoy the noises when I have to drive it, plus no fucks given for the inevitable shopping centre dents.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Track days might be ok. Pull the plates off and how would they know?

I was more thinking that the excel class is so big now, I've seen a few guys asking 15k.... for an excel. Surely these things with a basic safety package wouldn't be much more expensive. Would be great marketing.

They'll do what Holden did and send people to tracks to write down VINs.
    No italics because it actually happened, I used to get weekly warranty void lists filled with cars that were seen at the drags when I was a Holden warranty manager.

That 1 liter turbo Triple is in the Rio as well and has a nice little triple rumble.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk