Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ducati 1098s

So like a Ducati then?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrex View Post
    My passing fad is buying a 899 Panigale. Look nice and good reviews about being easy to ride in town, and they sound so awesome.
    For your sake I hope they are better than the 898, great looking and sounding bike but about as comfortable as a council park bench to ride. That being said hurry up and buy a bike, sunny mountain blat on a nice bike will cure any work/money/woman ailments you have real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by piss98 View Post
    Only if you're a non gear wearing ham fisted 'Murican.
    I cringed just looking at the screen grab. Round up stupid cunts like this in the mountains all the time who get a new bike and think they're heros, no jacket, no leathers or draggins, no boots and usually no gloves either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

And often on Ducati's. I see a bloke almost daily on a 1198S all bling'd up, always in t shirt, shorts and those gay little slip on shoes TJ loves.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    For your sake I hope they are better than the 898, great looking and sounding bike but about as comfortable as a council park bench to ride. That being said hurry up and buy a bike, sunny mountain blat on a nice bike will cure any work/money/woman ailments you have real quick.
    After doing a heap of time on pushy's, you should know I love a good ass pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    My passing fad is buying a 899 Panigale. Look nice and good reviews about being easy to ride in town, and they sound so awesome.
    The same thought has crossed my mind several times. I feel like the 899 would be plenty for on the road, make a really good street bike. That said I haven't actually ridden one, should probably take one for a test ride.

A good one is getting awfully close to 2015 R1 money though...
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorz de Puniet View Post
    The same thought has crossed my mind several times. I feel like the 899 would be plenty for on the road, make a really good street bike. That said I haven't actually ridden one, should probably take one for a test ride.

About $16k is the number for a low km with not many mods. I think an R1 is too much for me and not really needed. I'm not interested in track days etc (because I race karts). I must admit that I'm mostly being vain in that the bike looks and sounds great (while getting those good reviews about being nice on the street).

You don't want an R1....I fucking hosed one (and a CRB1000RR) the other day even while feathering the throttle in a vain attempt at keeping the front down. I'd quite like to turn a new Monster in to a cafe racer or flat tracker style thing though for some reason.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    Quick question. Is 13,000kms much for a bike? Or is it still a bunch of minor services before they need anything major?

I found one bike that has 2500kms but there is one with 13k with a few grands worth (like exhaust which costs a bomb on a 899) of mods but only $750 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorz de Puniet View Post

Yeah, but then you have an R1 and not an 899.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    About $16k is the number for a low km with not many mods. I think an R1 is too much for me and not really needed. I'm not interested in track days etc (because I race karts). I must admit that I'm mostly being vain in that the bike looks and sounds great (while getting those good reviews about being nice on the street).
    I don't think anyone 'needs' an R1. In all honesty the latest litre bikes are too much for the road. It's more satisfying riding a middle weight like an 899, a GSXR-750 or Daytona 675 through the hills because you can actually use full throttle. Different story on the track where you can open the taps but against the stopwatch there's not as big a difference as you'd think.

You don't want an R1....I fucking hosed one (and a CRB1000RR) the other day even while feathering the throttle in a vain attempt at keeping the front down. I'd quite like to turn a new Monster in to a cafe racer or flat tracker style thing though for some reason.
    Haha, traffic light launches are all rider though and I'd imagine the MT 0-60km/h dash would be fairly rapid.

Quick question. Is 13,000kms much for a bike? Or is it still a bunch of minor services before they need anything major?

I found one bike that has 2500kms but there is one with 13k with a few grands worth (like exhaust which costs a bomb on a 899) of mods but only $750 more.
    13k isn't a lot of kms for a sport bike but by the time you do a few kms on it, it's done 20-25k which is starting to get up there a bit. It's not going to fall apart (well... probably not although it is a Ducati) but I think paying a grand or so extra for something that is basically brand new is a wise move.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Yeah, but then you have an R1 and not an 899.
    I love the 899, it's just a beautiful motorcycle...

For the R1 though... it's faster, more comfortable, more reliable, later model, exhausts/parts are cheaper, arguably sounds better.

You'd think that would seal it for the R1 but I'd be genuinely 50/50. The Ducati looks that's good. Sounds okay too.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Opens
    I'm looking at two 899's in the next few days.
    One has the 13k with a few mods including termis which cost a heap on this bike (almost 4 grand for a slip on).
    The other has 2k with nice mods but stock exhaust.
    Taking rego periods into account, almost same price.
    I'll probably go the low km one as the stock exhaust sounds ok and I don't want to piss off my neighbours too much.

Opens
    Yeah so I bought this. (not worth starting a new thread because I'm not modding it or anything)

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/...=0&pss=Premium

Nice bike mate. A mate of mine had a 1098 Streetfighter with Termi's - it was unreal! The neighbours new it was coming though.

Opens
    It's got stock pipes but it was actually quite loud. I'll wait to see what it's like on the street but Termi's would be almost 25% value of the bike!

Stop thinking like a woman Steve! My bike was $11k, pipes were $1400, carbon was $1100, suspension that will get done at some point will be $2k. Does it make sense, no. Is it awesome, fuck yes!

Nice bike dude - perhaps a PF bike day will be in order soon (let Sketchy go off the front though, mad cunt).
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    Stop thinking like a woman Steve! My bike was $11k, pipes were $1400, carbon was $1100, suspension that will get done at some point will be $2k. Does it make sense, no. Is it awesome, fuck yes!

Nice bike dude - perhaps a PF bike day will be in order soon (let Sketchy go off the front though, mad cunt).
    The issue is not spending the money - I just don't have any cash because of the two go karts/engines/racing/travelling, the aristo ($25k in), bicycles, etc.

I'd be up for a ride once I've got the hang of it as long as you guys don't mind waiting for me up the road somewhere.

Humblebragging single life motherfucker. No probs on waiting, as long as I get a ride.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    It's all just to fill the void that is getting a divorce.

Yeah you can ride it - I'm sure you're familiar with the you bin it, you own it policy.

I'm in for a PF bike day (maybe). Hopefully no cunt will bin it this time.
    Doubt anyone wants to have a go on the Kat.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yeah so I bought this. (not worth starting a new thread because I'm not modding it or anything)

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/...=0&pss=Premium
    Awesome bike!

Fuck off I want to ride the Kat - I don't have much of a car bucket list but a Kat was always on my bike bucket list! Had a boner for them since they were new!

Steve - very familiar, but no pressure as I know I am very weird about someone else riding my bike! Of course same rule applies if we swap.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Fuck off I want to ride the Kat - I don't have much of a car bucket list but a Kat was always on my bike bucket list! Had a boner for them since they were new!

Steve - very familiar, but no pressure as I know I am very weird about someone else riding my bike! Of course same rule applies if we swap.
    You'll find the brakes *extremely* disappointing.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Opens
    Cam: You know what you're doing so I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just don't keep it on the limiter the whole time..

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    You'll find the brakes *extremely* disappointing.
    No doubt it would be a culture shock not having ridden anything older for quite some time, but still cool.

dirty - OK, you didn't mention anything about keeping it on the back wheel though.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    No doubt it would be a culture shock not having ridden anything older for quite some time, but still cool.

dirty - OK, you didn't mention anything about keeping it on the back wheel though.
    Go for it. I'll bring the go pro as that'll be the only time it gets on the back wheel

I've got my own GoPro. Think I would probably be a bit more sensible on someone elses bike than I am on my own though!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

as an aside is allmtr still alive?
    RB26......................Again

Yes, he doesn't actually ride his. Safest bike in Australia. Hi Chuck!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    KTMís sold. Iíve spent a lot of time not looking at 1098ís unsuccessfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

How would you know? Never got you to turn up to a ride so far in the last ten years!

It's all just to fill the void that is getting a divorce.

Yeah you can ride it - I'm sure you're familiar with the you bin it, you own it policy.
    Excellent decision making, you wont regret it. Also in for the bike swap ride day, reckon it would be good fun.

Cam: You know what you're doing so I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just don't keep it on the limiter the whole time..
    If you're riding any modern sportsbike around on the limiter you are better than Rossi or headed for certain death. I don't think it would be a problem on a PF ride, spirited not stupid would be describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.