Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All heart - aw11 Em r two

Quote Originally Posted by kedderz View Post
    So since I've got the 2zzge mister 2, I've a got a spare just rebuilt silver top here, you should buy it.
    We should converse. You in Adelaide or Sydney these days? What specs?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

In raddas these days. If your interested i'll dig out the receipt from the engine builder but essentially everything is new except the rods/pistons and they where checked and well within tolerance.
    Block has been dipped, crank tested, line honed, surfaces machined
    New genuine oil pump, water pump, timing belt kit
    Head has had full reco with a vrs kit put through it
    All seals replaced including the spark plug holders and the tops that hold on the cover.
    after market crank pulley
    Arp head studs and mains
    King bearings
    new piston rings

I also have a full COP conversion with dizzy blanking plate, 4x COP coils, pig tails and a mounting cover/bracket.
    The pnp loom I have for the m1200 adaptronic would be less useful to you, engine can come dressed or long etc etc.
    Last edited by kedderz; 24-06-18 at 04:26 PM.

saw that ae93 for sale. seemed like an ok deal (I'm still chasing a white one)

these wheels - http://www.performanceforums.com/for...3&d=1528377384

can't quite see - is it brand "gp racing"?? 17" or 18" - sort of interested in the style......

Thanks

T

Quote Originally Posted by T View Post
    saw that ae93 for sale. seemed like an ok deal (I'm still chasing a white one)

these wheels - http://www.performanceforums.com/for...3&d=1528377384

can't quite see - is it brand "gp racing"?? 17" or 18" - sort of interested in the style......

Thanks

T
    I think it is C or G and the second letter is s.

I had a look on the back but there's no company name on them. Sorry I forgot to check the size but will when I go home again. Will see if I can find them too. I haven't seen them on the car but they do look quite good I reckon.
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

ok so did some research......

the rim is a "g2 177" by bsa wheels. discontinued

My mate who has had this in his shed for two years is rebuilding is shed farkin so we attached the battery, attached his landcruiser via a set of jumper leads, and the fucker kicked straight to life, drive her home to mine, after a quick wash of the windscreen, where we managed to fill both front foot Wells with water again! So it's definitely filling up from the base of the windscreen somewhere. Luckily all carpets are up high and dry and the grommets in the floor are out so she can dry out again.

Plan now is to save some pennies and get her registered, then down to have the bodywork fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_180902.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	107144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_180741.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	107143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_182212.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	107145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_181955.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	107146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_182218.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	107147  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_182533.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	107148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180629_183024.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	107149  

Nice work. You've created your own barn find.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Price just went up tenfold.

I've got red mr2 bits for sale too. Whole car minus engine and gearbox funnily enough!

So I'm trying to create some momentum here with this. First was to wash and then sponge out the floor. I did find a few tales of wo however, which all seem to point to there being two large holes in the firewall, under the fresh air inlets at the base of the windscreen, with a lip to stop or direct water elsewhere. These should direct water down a drain to the bottom of the guards. These get blocked, then rust, so the water pools and runs through the rust, or simply the lip rusts off and water pours straight down the firewall and into the cabin.

To get to them involves removing the front quarter guards. Which I assume starts at the front nosecone. All this area requires paint and panel work anyway, so will be worthwhile doing. First step was to wash her and get her undercover where I can start pulling bits off it.

Links to others with a similar problem:

https://www.mr2oc.com/2-mki-84-89-na.../386407?page=2

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thr...-Water-Leaks-(

Name:	IMG_20180704_171825.jpg 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	107217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180705_104534.jpg 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	107218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180705_104406.jpg 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	107219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180705_113540.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	107220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180705-183459.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	656.8 KB 
ID:	107221  

I'm a bit suss on the section of double skin in the footwells, which is welded to the floor and flows down as part of the 'gearbox' tunnel. Water can flow under there and I can't see in there, but all nuts and bolts in the cabin near the floor are rusty or corroded so it will need a bit of attention to make sure it's not a rusty shitzenboxen under there. No hoist in my world yet :-(

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    That AE93 tho.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    That AE93 tho.
    :Yup:

QUEENSLANDER

Name:	IMG_20180706_153310.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	107228  

I've just realised that I missed this old girl's birthday. That's right team, she's 30 to and ripe for picking. Err, classic qld rego. That means priority in the DJ fleet pecking order. So up on stands she goes.

The sideskirts come off super easy, I was expecting alot of work after having spent hours pulling panels on my similar vintage a70, but inside 10 minutes I had both side off and thankfully the sills looked solid. This also uncovered the hidden front quarter bolts.

With the wheel wells clear I noticed on the driver's side that there is some evidence of rust on the outside of the frunk. This is not where I was expecting it, which was concerning but it doesn't look too bad - no expert here though!

So the interwebs suggest to pull the front quarters to see what is causing the leaks into the cabin. Most of the bolts holding the panel on are easy to see. With most loosened we had movement and , as expected, 30 years of detritus exponged itself like a dog on heat.

Fuck.

But the panel was stuck. I had to call in the services of air dragon TM , to light a fire and find the way. Here you can see air dragon TM assisting with these rubber grommets.

Using my trusty wood chock I popped the grommets out.

But still stuck. Pulling back the inner guard liner allowed the air dragon TM and his patented search function,, which subsequently revealed 3 more 10 mm nuts.

And that was that, quarter panels off!

Last edited by I'm DJ!; 11-07-18 at 06:21 PM.

So what next? Fucking. I can't see shit? Pulled the leaf shields' out from the base of the windscreen and got my camera torch in there. Lots of leaves but all dry ok.

The air 🐉 was calling. Surely these spots do something?

They looked solid but we're actually finger tight on metal clips, and behind, oh wow, Alice and her rabbit.

Who said this was a good idea.

So the leaf catchers are supposed to stop most crap from falling into this area. Errr...

but there is a drain off the side, which gets filled with crud too, then backs up and fills this whole section. The thing is, this is not a gentle or any smooth radius, not is it a constant fall towards the drain. Enter my pipe cleaner brush.

Inside it's a few sections of lumps and bumps which unsurprisingly capture aforementioned detritus and water which then sits and well....

Pax side

And the section at the base of the windscreen, this is rusting on the frunk side of the firewall.

And the driver's side.

Looking towards the front of the car. That's where water is entering the cabin.

Same section but looking towards the back of the car.

So that's all of the expected sections, but that but I saw first up on the outside of the frunk, underneath where the brake booster sits, as well as most aw11's rusting around the bottom of the frunk meant my job was not done yet.

Hmmmm. Is this just surface rust and treatable? I'm going to need the of brainstrust on this section!?

This doesn't look great

And underneath the brake booster. Could this be at least in part due to brake fluid leaking over the years?

So I grabbed my nylon grinder and started brushing the surface rust off.

The bottom section of the frunk, as the drill took the paint off, was weeping water it was that wet. That's the dark black/brown versus the dry rust which is orange.

I pulled the grommets out and the holes don't look great

At this point I've left the frunk open, it smells like the inside of the cabin too, super musty now that the paint is off. Thoughts on it being salveagable?

My plans from here are to get it into a proper repair workshop to pull apart. Is there anything more I should or could do here in the meantime? Cheers.

I've got red mr2 bits for sale too. Whole car minus engine and gearbox funnily enough!
    I might need this. 'ow much?

cant see pics
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    cant see pics
    Loading for me?? Have linked them via the forum? Anyone else not see them?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    So I'm trying to create some momentum here with this. First was to wash and then sponge out the floor. I did find a few tales of wo however, which all seem to point to there being two large holes in the firewall, under the fresh air inlets at the base of the windscreen, with a lip to stop or direct water elsewhere. These should direct water down a drain to the bottom of the guards. These get blocked, then rust, so the water pools and runs through the rust, or simply the lip rusts off and water pours straight down the firewall and into the cabin.

To get to them involves removing the front quarter guards. Which I assume starts at the front nosecone. All this area requires paint and panel work anyway, so will be worthwhile doing. First step was to wash her and get her undercover where I can start pulling bits off it.

Links to others with a similar problem:

https://www.mr2oc.com/2-mki-84-89-na.../386407?page=2

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thr...-Water-Leaks-(
    Hahaha holy shit that mr2oc thread was mine from back in the day when I had my first AW11.
    I hope yours isn't the same case but for memory it was pretty terminal i.e couldn't get access to weld it up properly without pulling the whole dash out. I was lucky and 2 weeks later some cunt pulled out in front of me and the AW11 got written off
    I had the drivers foot well covered in sham-wows to absorb all the water when it rained haha.
    Hope you can sort yours out.
    Last edited by foamy; 12-07-18 at 08:37 AM.

pics no work.
    red shell will be 1000 pesos, its rear both quaters have bog in them so ud have to want it just for rust replacement and the interior bits.

edit - its a non targa shell 87 model.
    Last edited by kedderz; 12-07-18 at 08:41 AM.

pics no work.
    red shell will be 1000 pesos, its rear both quaters have bog in them so ud have to want it just for rust replacement and the interior bits.

edit - its a non targa shell 87 model.
    Can you please pm me your number? I've changed the album permission for the pics to public, otherwise I'm not sure why it's not showing up as I can see them.. eg my view

Name:	Screenshot_20180712-084247.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	107432  

The pictures don't look as bad as your description, but after dealing with the plenum rust in the Valiant I can see this being about as much fun.

I'm suddenly glad mine has spent the last 20 years only ever parked undercover.

pics work now. all in all that doesn't look particularly bad. cunty spot though for the firewall bits

the base of the frunk is nothing
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Yeah I'm not so worried about the base of the frunk, I reckon you could easily rebuild it out of sheet anyway.

The firewall at the base of the a pillars is the annoying bit.

After a bit of electric brush work, the paint gave way..

Though that said, re: the frunk, I got a new nylon brush and got back to work this arvo and the section in the centre (which runs to the front of the frunk in a gusset under the frunk floor) becomes the jacking point for the front of the car. Needless to say I probably won't be lowering it using that spot...

You can see in the above pic that the frunk is cactus because of spilt brake fluid over the years, there's evidence marks from that corner down.

Now that the paint is off, it seems to be drying out a bit, so I'll wash it down with turps tonight and see what is left there.

I've also bought some kill rust rust eeter, so if I can get this cleaned up enough to almost bare metal again I'll hit it with that until I can get someone who can weld over to tell me the good or bad news...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    I've also bought some kill rust rust eeter,
    Make sure you wear gloves, otherwise it reacts with the iron in your skin and dyes your fingers purple - doesn't wash off either.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Given the MR2 is now in the naughty corner I decided today should be OEM+ day.

Thankfully the centre console lid that on most Toyota's of this era, including this one look like, well this:

I found one from the next model which seems to do the trick.

Then I stole the MR2 wheels since it's up on blocks.

Disclaimer, I haven't washed them nor pumped up the tyres.

It also needs to lose the white writing stat. All in all I am beginning to like it.
    Last edited by I'm DJ!; 13-07-18 at 05:30 PM.

Aired and took for a run, drives great!