Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vic Time Attack - Philip Island 1st April 2016

Its back..... Vic Time Attack 2017 - 7th April

EDIT:

So a quick bump on this one. Jason has reached into his pocket again to put the event on. Be fucked if I would do it but he is really passionate about time attack racing and trying to get other events off the ground so we see these cars more than once a year. Will be coming over again to circulate in the RX7. Already confirmed to have last years winner Integrated Motorsports GTR there, A trick mines GTR and the possibility of the MCA VQ37 powered 86.

Bonus this year is the event is followed by PIARC days so those that are travelling from further afield will have the bonus of additional track days after the main event if they are still wanting more.

Hey Gents,

was sure I spotted a generic thread on this but couldn't find it so thought I would kick one off here in the Motorsport section. Event is on at PI on 1st April this year. A mate is involved in running the event and due to that cant drive his bonkers carbon bodied FD RX7 so has offered me a drive in it. (humblebrag) Cant fkn wait. I reckon PI would be hard to beat as a venue for this type of event. Hopefully the weather turns it on and its a good day. Should be a really good mix of cars.

http://victimeattack.com.au/

Last edited by darkside; 30-01-17 at 03:08 PM.

If need a place to stay let me know

Yeah should be absolute nuts Darkside, what a way to start the Motorsport year, cant fucking wait !

I plan on entering Clubsprint. I can't compete against the likes of skylines etc for a class win. But gotta support these things.

Quote Originally Posted by -Matt- View Post
    If need a place to stay let me know
    Cheers for that. Greatly appreciated. Will check in and see what arrangements have already been made if any.
    Last edited by darkside; 04-01-16 at 06:11 PM.

Hey Lightyear Id imagine your a fair bit under weight for your model, whats the lightest you can run with the 5% reduction, also what are your plans for your front aero package, have you got something that doesnt extended more than the 50mm forward of the front bar that your allowed ?

I only ask cause I only have 1 goal ....... lol

Some people do have the perception my car is ultra light. It's my road/track car. So only roof and boot are lightweight, and no braces. So about 50kg lighter than stock. The spoiler I have is 50mm. But for this event I will be making a new aero package. To fit the rules, and provide downforce.

Cool for some reason I figured your car may have been ultralight, gives me some hope ........

I am pretty sure I know what lap time I can do with the new aero set up, but the non R spec tyres are an unknown for me. Will they be much slower than a Nitto NT01? The Advan tyres probably cost more than the NT01.
    Last edited by lightyear; 05-01-16 at 04:40 PM.

Maybe add a second, what size ya need ? have some 245/45/17 lying around or you running 16s ? yeah not a cheap tyre

I run 15x9 rims with 225/45 tyres. They don't make that size. Will look into my options. I might be able to borrow some 17" rims.

I wouldn't think AD08s will be slower than an NT01.
    When I changed the Soarer from cheap Federal 595 and Achillies Sport II street tyres to NT01 I only went 7 tenths faster. You'd expect at least that much if you went to a tyre like AD08 or RS3.
    Changed from NT01 to Z221 and went 1.4 faster. That's both at Lakeside (2.4km).
    Last edited by hrd; 06-01-16 at 12:54 PM.

Would like to do this event. Never been to P.I. and it has to be a bucket list track in Oz. Will only go if we have new motor but the date is a bit of a worry with new donk and travelling. How many things could go wrong on April Fool's day...

http://victimeattack.com.au/entry-forms/

$495 modified or street class, includes timing, tshirt and a chance at 20 different class trophies.
    Entries are still open for street and modified classes and our demo/testing class.
    With over 20 trophies up for grabs. FWD, RWD, AWD, Rotor, NA we have you covered.
    Track time is going to be huge, 7 or 8..x 20 min sessions So bring along enough fuel!

Demo/Practice class is $250 same track time, no garage, no timing, no tshirt or trophies....Just heaps of track time. Great chance for race cars or road cars to get some track time.

Jeeze that's expensive for a club Super Sprint day.
    A VSCRC Round isn't that much.

That's half the reason I am not entering. $495 for entry. And I have to buy non R spec tyres. Another $800 or so. And will never use them again after the weekend. Plus I blew all my cash on Torana's. Oh, and I haven't made the rear wing yet.
    My car might have been competitive, I was hoping for top 10. Will see how many cars go into the low 1:40's and under in club.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Have landed in vic and heading to the Island this afternoon. Looking like a cracking day weather wise with 25 degrees clear skies and no wind. Really looking forward to some laps around PI. Been a while. I believe the guys will take late entries if anyone is keen for a last minute mission given the weather conditions.

yep, cracking forecast and lots of lap time, should be good

You will be fine Blaise, new track surface is perfect.

Garages at PI are $120 per day, so $375 is up there but for 2 hours plus of track time it's ok.

Adam
    Sandown 1.23.31
    Calder 1.05.76
    Phillip Island 1.47.95
    Winton 1.33.30
    H/Hills hill climb 1.03.3(FG XR6T)
    Bathurst 2.47.49

Yeah,

It's a few $, but chatting to the organiser he hasn't held back on facilities. A full track of paid flaggies. 2 X paramedic rigs. Dedicated track clean crew on hand. Unlike club days he hasn't relied on volunteers and has paid experienced people to fill key roles (chief steward, scrutineers etc.) in the hope it all runs well and everyone has the best day they can. It all adds up.

Have a blast mate and please keep us updated
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Good luck to all the competitors. How many cars will do ~80 laps with the 2 hour given track time? Can't wait to see the results. Surely we will see some sub 1:40 Clubsprint cars.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Will do Mr Rust. Have just pulled up at the circuit. Sun is just about to rise. Pumped.

Re times I have no real feel for it although I am told the leading street(club sprint) will be doing well to crack under a 1.40 but the winning time should be there or there abouts. I will be more than happy with anything in the 30's 1.39.99 will do. (which will also be the fastest lap I have ever done here. Currently a 1.43.)
    Apparently I am starting the day on low boost to reduce the chance of boost in apex seals out.... Just getting in early with the excuses.
    Last edited by darkside; 01-04-16 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Yeah,

It's a few $, but chatting to the organiser he hasn't held back on facilities. A full track of paid flaggies. 2 X paramedic rigs. Dedicated track clean crew on hand. Unlike club days he hasn't relied on volunteers and has paid experienced people to fill key roles (chief steward, scrutineers etc.) in the hope it all runs well and everyone has the best day they can. It all adds up.
    Not sure why he went to that length, I offered to do some volunteer work and asked for some sponsorship packages and got nothing in return. Also wonder how spectators will go considering it is a work day here ATM.

None the less hope it all goes well.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

And then?

1.41 thus far. Lacking commitment and trust in the aero

Results here. http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2

As I haven't had a shit mixer yet I have been granted more boost. See how we go.
    Last edited by darkside; 01-04-16 at 10:30 AM.

So latest is, 3rd in outright on a 1.40.9 with 2 gtrs (32 and a 34) in front. Was second but the 34 came and laid down a 1.37.9. Not sure I will grow the balls to get into the 1.39's.

Looks like street is a 1.44 currently.

Pretty sure that R34 ran a 1:38.0 in the first session.

You're doing well if you can get near the times that is capable of putting down.

To my understanding, it had some dire handling issues last year, so apparently $30K was dumped into it in the way of $upa$hock $u$pen$ion. As you do lol
    Mallala Motorsport Park - 1:11.71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY85CK31if8
    Wakefield Park Raceway - 1:05.31 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PREI-jK4L98
    Mt. Alma Mile Hill Climb - 41.67 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmaG8jn3Tw