Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 13's for $1300 Barina SB #2

Did these ever get installed?

any updates?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Mr Thomas is being kept err....distracted lately. I know hes been working on the Piazza a little bit but nfi about barina

Yes distractions I've been trying to get the Piazza done hopefully for the Gemini nationals. Will organise a better clutch for the Barina for when I get the Piazza going.

The Barina ended up becoming my daily when I needed it for work, so I bought another car for a daily - Cruze SriV 1.6 turbo. Similar engine/power to the Barina, just way heavier. Wish the Barina had the 6 speed box though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruze.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	110985

So now I don't have to worry about having a car to drive if I do anything to the Barina. Haven't done anything to the suspension. I think the coilovers need work, the front shafts have some rust spots, which probably won't go well with the seals.
    Last edited by bugle; 27-03-19 at 10:28 AM.
    as short as possible

Eurotrash :D
    m32 does go into an sb but its lots of work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    m32 does go into an sb but its lots of work...
    Is there an M32 which is the same bellhousing pattern as the Z18XE?
    Looking at the Cruze none of the mounting points are the same, so it's probably more work that I'm prepared to do at the moment. The equal length shafts setup would probably be good for torque steer though.
    as short as possible

cruze uses same bell pattern. some ah astras used a 6 speed manual and a z18xe. theres one in the wreckers down here. a few in the uk are fitting a16net and z16let engines and boxes as theyre common and cheap and quick
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I got bored and bought an M32 gearbox from a 1.6 turbo Cruze because it only cost $200. Figured it might be better if I put a decent gearbox and clutch in it rather than just put a stronger clutch and explode the F17, and get better gear ratios in the process. M32 LSD's are available here too. Input shaft is a different spline so need to figure out a clutch and flywheel combo. Can't find if the Cruze has the same flywheel bolt size and PCD.

Only example of an M32 in a Corsa B I could find was someone swapping an entire Astra front subframe in as well so that's no good. Looks to be about the same size as an auto Barina gearbox (auto box free to a good home if anyone needs to gearbox someone btw).
    Looks like I can make an adapter plate to use the stock rear mount, the front mount will be difficult. The Cruze has an extra one off the front of the gearbox, may try that too to help with axle tramp.
    No idea if the driveshaft splines are the same yet.
    Shifter is cable so have to mount a Cruze shifter in the car, which is good because the Cruze shifter is so much tighter than the shitty one in the Barina.
    Also requires a hydraulic clutch. Pretty sure I can put a master cylinder in the right spot on the firewall.

Once all that is done i'll try to find someone who can build me a forged lower compression bottom end.
    as short as possible

look at a corsa vxr clutch, they run an m32 on an a16let, the newer version of your engine.

look at a corsa vxr clutch, they run an m32 on an a16let, the newer version of your engine.
    Yeah same as the Cruze, just need to figure out if the bolt PCD is the same, so far i've figured out they seem to have the same bolt thread (M9 wtf).

They're dual mass too, so would probably have to get a new solid flywheel.
    Last edited by bugle; 18-06-19 at 01:54 PM.
    as short as possible

they will be a pot type fly wheel, any post 1994 one would work, inc the z18xe one id reckon. id order a clutch plate for one and see if it fits. im sure theyre cheap from the mother land

they will be a pot type fly wheel, any post 1994 one would work, inc the z18xe one id reckon. id order a clutch plate for one and see if it fits. im sure theyre cheap from the mother land
    The clutch plate is 10mm bigger than the Z18XE in diameter for the A16LET M32 clutches, and the M32 seems to be a different spline to everything else so I think i'll need a custom plate, or a Cruze/Corsa aftermarket solid flywheel and clutch setup.
    Last edited by bugle; 19-06-19 at 05:52 PM.
    as short as possible

100m biigger is only 5mm per side. surely there is a bit of wiggle room in the flywheel? or a machine shop could adjust it?