Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1210

Thread: 1979 Valiant CM Regal 'Survivor' Thread

Goddamnit. I just realised the Regal V8 Sedan weighed 1616kg.

5 x 1616 = 8.3L.

Damn it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Dodge-...=Model%3AViper

Up to 517hp/725Nm. /knowledge you do not want to have.

Seed planted.

My work here is done....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    The sad fact is that if a Hellcrate or Viper V10 were remotely legal under NCOP then there would be one going in.

Im still not convinced it wont end up being a forged 426ci stroker just because I like the sound of 426.
    Yeah phhhhttttt you know you are going to

Maybe eventually, but I think I should be leaving the bottom end alone this time around.

First thing installed in the engine bay today.

If you were expecting anything other than something installed pointlessly early that's only going to get in the way later you're probably in the wrong thread.

It does need to be wired in, so that's my excuse. Could also put the brake booster in but there is seriously no point doing that at this stage. The small things we do to pretend we're making progress!

From experience, get some old doonas, wash them and cover the fenders inside the engine bay and over the top.

Thank me later.

Thanks! Though I'm taking option b) pay someone else to do it.

Got way too excited about this yesterday - I can actually open the driver's door from the outside now.

For reference, after much trial and error, the process for installing an exterior front door handle and lock in a CM Valiant is:
    1. Fit gasket to door handle.
    2. Fit lock to wire inside door.
    3. Slide door handle backing down lock wire.
    4. Fit door handle to door.
    5. Screw lock to back of door handle (take extra special care to lose at least one 4mm bolt doing this).
    6. Fit door handle backing to door handle.
    7. Fit door latch wire to door handle.

I don't want to reveal how long it took me to work that lot out. As a bonus it actually works, although I can't seem to get the lock to work. I'm fairly sure there's something simple I'm missing on that front - none of the door locks seem to work at the moment.

Had a good look at the back door handle too, as far as I can see the process is:
    1. Fit external door handle to door.
    2. Bend fabric of space and time to make door handle interface with latch.
    3. Fit door handle backing.

I'll work that one out later.
    Last edited by Mr Purple; 08-07-19 at 09:40 AM.

Has any car ever been made where fitting the door handles etc isn't a giant fuckaround? I've yet to come across one.
    Norbie!

You know torquestorm are making superchargers for gen 3 hemis mate... bolt on, for under 3k US. I figure thats probably going to be the best bang for buck going for one of these.... have it landed in aus for like 5k?

$5k for that and another few grand for some forged pistons and intercooler and youd easily be 700hp plus!

Im a law abiding individual though and even a 440 stroker is legal. Also a wobbly old Valiant with 245 Kenda SUV tyres on the rear will probably be exciting enough already.

But how much more exciting would they be with 700hp????

I do not know Mr Purple at all but I reckon that s/c page has been bookmarked for later shenanigans

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

245's. fuck they won't last long with supercharged grunt.

approved.

Opens
    who gives a fuck about legal. Just do it. say sorry if its an issue.

Maybe we can get a good deal by buying 2 of them mate .......

Have you bought the blower yet?
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Sorry, I can't hear you over the peer pressure!

If I was going that way I'd probably go something a bit more subtle like a 2.9L Whipple anodized black:

That'd almost pass roadside inspection with the sticker removed. No, it's just an aftermarket intake, officer.

But version one of this at least will be completely street legal. Hence the 245s (maximum diameter) and lack of subframe connectors and minitubs. Big cam, springs, retainers and pushrods will be as far as I'll go.

There may or may not be a version two with 275s on Weld beadlocks, minitubs, connectors and a 9 inch truetrac. But given my previous project maxed out at 90hp I'm thinking it may never get to that. Plus I have a turbo AW11 to build.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the peer pressure!

If I was going that way I'd probably go something a bit more subtle like a 2.9L Whipple anodized black:

That'd almost pass roadside inspection with the sticker removed. No, it's just an aftermarket intake, officer.

But version one of this at least will be completely street legal. Hence the 245s (maximum diameter) and lack of subframe connectors and minitubs. Big cam, springs, retainers and pushrods will be as far as I'll go.

There may or may not be a version two with 275s on Weld beadlocks, minitubs, connectors and a 9 inch truetrac. But given my previous project maxed out at 90hp I'm thinking it may never get to that. Plus I have a turbo AW11 to build.
    If a problem comes along, you must whipple!
    Whipple good!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

The whipple setup is fucking tits, and seems to make the best power. But fuck me, you need to sell an organ or 2 to pay for the bastard. Be looking at 15k by the time you got it here, did the injectors and a tune etc. Tidy install though.
    I'm suprised the hellcat chargers are still so expensive too. Thought they would bring the prices down a bit as the yanks started flooding the market with them. The main effect seems to be that hellcat engine packages are becoming cheap. I've seen stupidly low km (like 20,000 miles) ones come up for $8,500US..... I could have had one of them landed here for the same sort of money my 6.4 owes me in current trim! FUCK! Then could have just used crate hemi harness / ecu.... *sigh*. Fuck cars man. Fuckem good.

Quote Originally Posted by 68RNR View Post
    The whipple setup is fucking tits, and seems to make the best power. But fuck me, you need to sell an organ or 2 to pay for the bastard. Be looking at 15k by the time you got it here, did the injectors and a tune etc. Tidy install though.
    I'm suprised the hellcat chargers are still so expensive too. Thought they would bring the prices down a bit as the yanks started flooding the market with them. The main effect seems to be that hellcat engine packages are becoming cheap. I've seen stupidly low km (like 20,000 miles) ones come up for $8,500US..... I could have had one of them landed here for the same sort of money my 6.4 owes me in current trim! FUCK! Then could have just used crate hemi harness / ecu.... *sigh*. Fuck cars man. Fuckem good.
    According to youtube Americans are writing off hellcats non stop.
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

The new Mustang?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

No, they aren't hitting pedestrians....

Click - add to cart:

https://pettys-garage.myshopify.com/...C2%AE-engine-1

Summit actually also has them, $18k USD and it works out to about $29k delivered to Brisbane Airport. There's been a few come up at the $10k USD mark with 10-20,000 miles though which makes a whipple kit look a bit useless.

It's all a bit irrelevant anyway because I'm fair more likely to go with something like this:

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...z&partid=26612

I want a car I can drive from here to Chryslers on the Murray without worrying about getting defected on the way. It'll probably stay stock, then do something stupid like burn through a piston or drop a valve spring in a few years which is a good excuse for a 'repair' with the above kit.

Have hopefully just picked up a set of NOS taillights for $250 off a random from Facebook. Damn. Wasted those hours polishing four old sets to find the best.

Opens
    If you can get one to JFK Airport, I'll carry it home 'used'.

Awesome, thanks! $269 delivery to JFK makes it a bit cheaper.

Apparently they weigh 362kg. Is that ok for your carry on bag?

Have hopefully just picked up a set of NOS taillights for $250 off a random from Facebook. Damn. Wasted those hours polishing four old sets to find the best.
    Saw them and was about to message you here about them.

Hopefully it works well.

Oh, and just get the hellcat motor, I'm sure you could just tuck it away somewhere for just in case.....

So nice for mopar guys to finally have a desirable conversion engine that they are actually still fucking manufacturing! The drought hath ended!
    I love this thread. Keeps me amused while fuckall is happening to mine.
    That hughes kit looks the bizzo. Pretty good price! I think i was around 650us just for my forged pistons alone. I think h beam rods were another 800us or some shit... good gear!

Yep, it's nice to help someone else bleed money on their overcapitalised vehicle whilst I have no idea what's happening with mine other than paying dollars and Being told it should be finished by the end of the year.

Not a great deal is happening to mine either, its just in my garage so I can take more pictures of it.

Either bought some NOS taillights or gave some random guy on the internet money for meth last night, well find out next week. They were suspiciously cheap.

Dash will be back next week apparently, then wiring!

Random Facebook guy came good. Normally NOS lights for these are about $200-250 a piece plus delivery, and there's so many variations it's hard to get a matched set.

$250 including delivery later and I have a pair of actual NOS CL Regal lights. Technically not correct, but who knows the difference between a CL and CM anyway?

Were they still making these in 1987 or is this some sort of rebranding/storage sticker?

Even the loom is included, mint! Will replace all the rear fasteners with stainless versions but otherwise leave them I think. At least I have a good secondhand set if one somehow gets smashed.

As usual things are escalating in the background and I've more or less decided to go with the HHP Stage 2 Camshaft + titanium retainers + PSI springs and Manley pushrods combination. Peak power starts at about 3000rpm with that cam and they recommend a 2800 stall.

Goddamn, it's hard to work out this sort of stuff due to the way the Americans do things. From what I can work out it should add somewhere in the vicinity of 75-90hp ATW, and a baseline run on an American dyno for a 6.1 is usually somewhere in the 360-390hp range. The problem is they all seem to list their other modifications - and I'm fairly sure things like a 'Ramair' intake, ported throttle body, ported intake and e-mail tune do not achieve ideal results. HHP have some 474hp ATW figures with their ported heads, so given the way the stock heads flow (very well) I'm thinking I'd be happy with 400+ actual Australian horsepower.

Of course the next temptation is to port the heads, replace the bolts with ARP head studs while they're off, inspect the bores and put in some forged pistons, and next minute forged stroker assembly. This will definitely not happen. Just like the cam upgrade definitely wouldn't happen. Damn it.

So now I also probably need a Hughes converter for the A-518. And my brain is exploding with all the various combinations of stall speeds, intended use, and variations of the A-518 gearbox (electronic/electric, lockup/non-lockup). From what I can work out probably a Pro-Street 3000rpm stall or 15-25 2500rpm stall will probably work. I'll leave that until we're 100% sure the A-518 actually fits in the modified tunnel and we're definitely not using the NAG-1. And make someone else order it, because I'll fuck up.