Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 1m

Day 2 managed 8x 1:07s, 4x 1:08s. Pretty happy with that.

It sprinkled during lunch which presented an opportunity to learn in the changing/greasy conditions. I knew the kerbs, and paint would offer less grip. Because, that's what Martin Brundle and Cromp say. Ho-lee-shit, I never realised by how much. Track fell away so I got a little inner-bratwurst going before I packed up and headed home. Can't recommend these open pit days enough.

There is a bit of a knock forming on the front end. Possibly shock lock nut coming loose again or something else. All will come apart again to check how it held up over last 1000km~

So I didn't do shit, except quickly hose literal shit off after a spin at SMSP.
    LHS oil cooler is the wrong part according to the manufacturer, since they're in Netherlands they want to see the "wrong" bracket they sent is in good condition for reuse. Don't see a reason it wouldn't be.. Screw it, not worth sending back.

Foggy SMSP North. This was fun - no italics:

Fog didn't lift until just before lunch. Achievement unlocked, 1st after all had done 1 session - lol. It's interesting, you'd think a softer factory suspension would suit the damp track but the rear diff really tightens up and punishes you harder.

PB for me @ 1:13.6. Didn't improve as much as I thought when it got drier but at least home in one piece. And extra shit from spinning earlier on wet grass:

1:13.9 on drying track:

Gearing is much much better with 18s and a 295/30 rear.

Last vital bit before all the solid/spherical/monoball stuff goes in, is finally en-route. Decided to go with Bilstein 2ways. Much back and forth with Tractive/MCA Golds - easier to go KW/Bilstein/Ohlins etc. All the cunts that MCA made Golds for on E82s/1Ms were all spec'd differently inc measurements. It'd be a massive a fuck-around going down that road - Yeah nah.
    Ohlins is probably the best kit for the road and along with KW is common tried and tested. Bilsteins... well, apparently they just work. 570/800 rates to start. Puts the frequency around 2.5hz/1.8hz. Springs are cheap and maybe actual testing > mathematics.

pitch under brakes.

Opens
    Car seems to want to rotate easily and quickly mid corner. Will you soften up the rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

I took way too long to settle on something, I'm just going to slap it in then overthink it after. Preferably get it on scales first and see how much RHD, engine tilt+turbos, fuel etc affect it.

The front spring can easily be swapped out. The rear is a hybrid helper/main progressive but not really progressive. Was actually the tipping factor in the decision, the rest articulate improperly and bind on the crappy 0.56 motion ratio. Custom rear camber arm is too much messing around. Other option is rear C/O conversion, which was pushed by Tractive but not going full send retard on this car.