Thread: LS Iron Blocks Australia

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar

LS Iron Blocks Australia

Fella's,

Anyone in contact with the former/maybe current owner of LS Iron Blocks Australia? All I have is a mobile number but I'm usually ignored.

Cheers.

Damn, gone off FB???

From a guy starting a similar deal here in Forster:

Alright guys I thought I should make this post to clear a few things up.
    We have no affiliation whatsoever with Iron Blocks Aus or any other business that may be similar to us here in Australia.
    We have no affiliation with that flop from the states that was ripping people off.....
    ....Please be patient and let us build this business up the smart way so we donít have a repeat of what happened to so many of you recently with another particular business.
    John Ayre
    LS Speed Shop Australia
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Yeah he told me he has deleted Facebook and the like but up until last week he was at least answering his phone.

That sucks, no physical address?
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Backstory?
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Long story so I'll try to keep it brief.

Put a deposit down last August for a 4L80E, expected arrival November. Paid full amount, excuses begin for the delays. I tell him it's no problem I'm not in a hurry. But I hit him up once a month or so to see where he's at. Box finally shows up in April this year. But before I unload it off the truck the driver tells me I better take a look. Box completely broken in half. Strange the driver knew it was broken inside the black plastic wrap but on his advice I don't accept it and call back Iron Blocks. "Never happened before, paid for insurance etc I'll sort out another one". Had a 40min D&M on the phone about how his business is going etc.

Anyway a few months later and there's no replacement, every time I call him it's on a pallet ready to go, hasn't cleared customs, other stories. At this time he tells me he's sold the business but I'll still get my box. Last week I finally said look maybe if you can't get me a box I can have my money back. He says this would be a big help to him as he can't get one, but problem is he has no money. Now he doesn't answer his phone.

I've been nothing but understanding the whole time and polite but I think maybe that's let him walk over me and now I'm out of pocket. Cash was all bank transfer and a long time ago so I don't see how I can get it back. Sux.

Sounds like your average aus based parts supplier

To be honest this is why U need to go hard after money from people. In reality your chances are higher the earlier you get in rather than later.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Opens
    I bought a 2nd 5.3 ironblock from old mate a few months ago. Had it about 3 weeks later. My motor was from a fresh container that has just arrived (Gen III 5.3 with gen IV rods)

From what i understand he has a lot of issues with his courier company but not many other options apparently for 2nd hand motors, or maybe i just got mine before shit went south.
    Last edited by psi999; 01-08-19 at 02:14 PM.

Luck of the draw with these sorts of suppliers.

What they do is take a whole heap of money off people and spend it on parts in the states which come in every time they get a container full. If you're lucky enough to have exchanged money for an actual part that is in the country and exists you'll probably get it. If you're not you may never see your money again because he's spent it on the next container load and someone else's part.

The first sign of a business in trouble is that they blame their courier/suppliers. Their courier/suppliers aren't doing their job correctly because they're not getting paid. You may get your part eventually if he doesn't go bankrupt in the meantime.

Maybe I'm a sucker but speaking to him he always came across as a nice bloke just maybe a bit hopeless at running a business.

The fact that when it showed up broken to me points to the truck driver seeing something. He unwrapped it on the truck, and there's no way you could know it was broken inside by looking at it. So I'm guessing it was dropped or something dropped on it while loading and he seen it happen.

Pollitically incorrect
    Its because he or some other spastic on a forklift cant to a job a half trained monkey can.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
    Maybe I'm a sucker but speaking to him he always came across as a nice bloke just maybe a bit hopeless at running a business.
    That's what I thought about Pentastar Parts right up until the moment they declared bankruptcy holding tens of thousands of dollars worth of unfulfilled orders.

You need to get your money back, or your part, if possible while he's still solvent. It might not be deliberate however your money may disappear anyway.

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    damn that sucks kev

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    That's what I thought about Pentastar Parts right up until the moment they declared bankruptcy holding tens of thousands of dollars worth of unfulfilled orders.
    he was always a fucking piece of shit, just had people suckered in...
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

How many iron block LS engines was this guy selling here in Aussie and how much were they going for?

Can't be that much U can but a brand new LS next block for 3500
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    he was always a fucking piece of shit, just had people suckered in...
    He does seem to be spending a lot of time, money and effort on important internet edits for a guy who isnít meant to have any money or piles of other peopleís parts to sell (again).

People should just use any number of the importers that offer LCL shipping and buy their own rather than dealing with dodgy unknowns. Send it to location in US, they pack it, ship it to aus, process everything, you pay them for the service and pick up your item 6-10 weeks after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice
    This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    He does seem to be spending a lot of time, money and effort on important internet edits for a guy who isnít meant to have any money or piles of other peopleís parts to sell (again).
    I thought he was still selling all the parts on ebay under another name??
    im a cunt

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    How many iron block LS engines was this guy selling here in Aussie and how much were they going for?
    From my two engines from old mate:

$1000 gen IV 5.3 rebuilder (slight rust in bores) - complete short motor.
    $1300 gen III 5.3 with gen IV rods - good usable complete bottom end.

Hush. You'll get us shut down!

It's pretty hard to work out what's actually going on, or what actually happened, simply because he's shutting down posts, pages and threads left, right and centre by threatening legal action. I just know how many times and for how many months (18) I was being informed my parts were coming next week.

The only positive out of that whole deal is that his previous competitors now keep parts in stock and send them out instantly.

yeh wow.. im glad I only ever had one dealing and worked out what he was like straight away..
    im a cunt

Just tried ringing again, rings out. Used to have a voice mail saying Iron Blocks etc.
    Think my money is gone.