Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Summernats 30 now 31 now 32

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    The reason why the 'nats ended up being in Canberra was because it was easier to have it in the same location each year, and at the time the Commonwealth government was happy to have another use for what was then called NATEX. Previously the Street Machine Nationals, which was the predessor to the Summer Nats, were held in different locations each year by the ASMF, Australian Street Machine Federation.
    These days i reckon findng a venue to accomodate the 'nats would be nearly impossible, when you look at the overall make up of the event any alternative venue would have to accomodate static grass displays, elite level show cars, grass driving events, burnout comp, trade displays, general cruising, concert and camping all in one location.
    The offices are at Exhibition Park, all the signage etc is set up for the site, the lease is renewed for years, not yearly. There would be a big cost moving it. I would hate to see the wage bill alone considering many of the staff appear to be fulltime.

I never understand why people want to move it? It’s perfect where it is

Quote Originally Posted by TUFGMH View Post
    The offices are at Exhibition Park, all the signage etc is set up for the site, the lease is renewed for years, not yearly. There would be a big cost moving it. I would hate to see the wage bill alone considering many of the staff appear to be fulltime.
    We could run this event in any state or territory of Australia. We already run one in the NT every year. Same staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    I've decided that for the purposes of further discussion, I'm here as Adrian the PF dude, not Adrian the Summernats dude. So spray away.

Please note that this means subsequent posts from me won't reflect the official position of the business.
    That won't save you if push comes to shove and your employer doesn't like something you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    That won't save you if push comes to shove and your employer doesn't like something you posted.
    WTF makes you think it was an employment related disclaimer? Fuck's sake.
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

It looked like that's what you were trying to do.

Just trying to help - I see people get in trouble with this sort of thing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    It looked like that's what you were trying to do.

Just trying to help - I see people get in trouble with this sort of thing all the time.
    It's so if someone says something stupid enough for me to say they're being a dumb cunt, you know it's me calling them a dumb cunt, not the event.

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by ITS60S View Post
    Were you told your car couldn’t enter not assumed yeah? I would have expected it met the criteria, it passes my 20 years of going check of something I would look closer at when it went past. That said I’ve had a look over the green Gemini “IAMNO4” for at least the last 12 years!
    Which car?
    Mine they had a sad about the slight exhaust leak it had and fair enough but their concern was it was too loud.
    Anyone that's been in or aroudn the car will tell you the red Gemini is too quiet. Ask the 23847234ty people that seem to walk in front of it. I have a screamer pipe on it but that's only effective when it's on gate.
    My wifes car was the main pain.

The thing that annoyed us was their: "This won't get in next year. It appears too standard from the outside, the old clean paint and Simmons won't cut it anymore, you're engine bay isn't enough there's a few little things that need to be more inviting"

Something along those lines.
    Her car isn't standard at all. It's cranky, it makes real power, actual built motor 35R hanging off it even with out the motor it still meets their advertised requirements

5 modifications.
    Retrimmed interior which has no rips tears or imperfections including consoles dash which has ALL my autometer gauges out of the red car.
    Flash Alpine Stereo which has some competition amp and sub in the neat boot install. (If you call that a modification)
    Non-factory wheels (Yes I won't let it go, genuine 3 piece FRs)
    Paint is in good condition and has been resprayed by previous owner.
    Underneath is stone guarded with non standard suspension and sway bars.
    That's technically 5 without going into the motor which we've been through with other cars in the same category without being pulled up on stupid shit for a serious modified 4 cylinder car.

Look I can't guarantee that the scruitneers weren't 100% mind frame anyway. Was late probably had it from 10000 VX Commodores (yes using the cliche) with cams and shit giving them grief so it may have effected it. Still left us bitter about it.

With that experience and the removal of the payment plans we decided that neither of us could be bothered actually entering again. wasn't worth the hassle.
    And for what it's worth she knows what she has under the bonnet. She doesn't wrench time as much as she should but can tell you the whole car bumper to bumper and what's done to it if you ask.

That IAMNO4 hasn't changed in years either lol.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Summernats 30 now 31 now 32

Was that last year or the year before?

I had similar experience the year before, and came back with essentially the same car the next with zero comments about eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    Was that last year or the year before?

I had similar experience the year before, and came back with essentially the same car the next with zero comments about eligibility
    This years one.

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Sounds like very similar mods to mine. No comments last year. I find it strange that scrutineers are judges of eligibility after entry has already been accepted based on photos.

Having not received a response about the city cruise, I'm assuming I'm not in it.

I never understand why people want to move it? It’s perfect where it is
    I didn't say they should move it, just asked if it has been considered. It would open it up to more spectators and entrants who can't afford the trek to Canberra.

I'm sure somewhere like Willowbank/QR in QLD could host it if required, especially with the ever tightening restrictions on cruising within the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    Sounds like very similar mods to mine. No comments last year. I find it strange that scrutineers are judges of eligibility after entry has already been accepted based on photos.

Having not received a response about the city cruise, I'm assuming I'm not in it.
    Isnt their job just to ensure its safe?
    Last edited by mad_cow; 21-12-18 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    I think that’s where it gets weird cause potentially they can knock you back at the gate even if you’ve traveled 100/1000’s kms to be there and then ‘nope not fancy enough’ could be enough to not let you in.

At least that’s how it feels as an entrant. The actual rules behind the scenes may be totally different but as an entrant I have no idea.

I think that’s where it gets weird cause potentially they can knock you back at the gate even if you’ve traveled 100/1000’s kms to be there and then ‘nope not fancy enough’ could be enough to not let you in.

At least that’s how it feels as an entrant. The actual rules behind the scenes may be totally different but as an entrant I have no idea.
    yeah the lack of consistency year to year and even car to car is shit.

once approved by online/pre-entry (which required photos and a description of the mods of course) you should be allowed in, because you're entry was reviewed before being accepted online too. can't go changing the rules/eligibility as you rock up to the scrutineers.

On the day entrants, sure turn them away if they don't meet the criteria. risk they take rocking up on the day.
    GT-P
    Bandsenkowagon

Quote Originally Posted by data_mine View Post
    once approved by online/pre-entry (which required photos and a description of the mods of course) you should be allowed in, because you're entry was reviewed before being accepted online too. can't go changing the rules/eligibility as you rock up to the scrutineers.
    Scenario (common): Someone enters their Commodore. They say it has a heap of shit done to it. under-bonnet blower, bagged, wheels, custom interior etc. They rock up with a cammed stock VX SS with Simmons.

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    What if they're real Simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
    What if they're real Simmons?
    Then they've way overcapitalised on an old Commode, and I'm sadly qualified to answer this...

I've owned a VX SS and in the same timeframe I've also owned genuine 3 piece Simmons Alta rims. Them rims were not for the VX. On the other hand, a set of 20" one piece "new Simmons" and a VX, well, that's a whole different scenario. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    Scenario (common): Someone enters their Commodore. They say it has a heap of shit done to it. under-bonnet blower, bagged, wheels, custom interior etc. They rock up with a cammed stock VX SS with Simmons.
    Couldn't the scruitneers have a board or summary that has what they should be rocking up in? Probably take the same amount of stuffing around as they do when they get the other shit?
    E.g.
    I roll in with my Gemini
    Modifications as listed.
    Engine conversion - Tick
    Paint - Tick
    Interior - Tick
    Wheels - differ from the entry form but still presentable
    Other details - Tick.
    Car completes scruitneering and as is per the entry form.
    Now I've been in the position where I've entered blown the car up and taken something else (each time modified properly other turbo geminis rx2 etc) so you’d probably get the sob story thing and I brought my not so standard daily.

You could do alternates if someone was to bring a 'cammed bro wif heaps of engin work' VE SS or replacement cars.
    Car is replace by pre entered vehicle.
    Doesn't comply to the above requirements
    Season pass and season parking pass has been granted.
    Modifications as listed.
    Engine - Presents standard owner claims it's got engine work. Has OTR fitted
    Paint - Standard and presentable.
    Interior - Standard
    Wheels - Non standard wheels are fitted
    Other details - No further modifications are present. Has non standard sound system as mentioned by owner and inspected by scruitneer
    Car doesn't comply with standards but visually completes as is per the entry form.
    Summernats deems this unsuitable for entry to Summernats 23847232ty but owner receives entry to summernats as a spectator and parking pass.

You could even offer (static only) entry where they can park their "show car" in the middle of the arena between 9am and 4pm where they have limited access. Like on car club Sunday or those special condition entries that aren't engineered or burnout cars that can't drive anyway wack a different coloured sticker on them.
    You've got their money anyway, might cut down on teh cliche entrants cruising or "In the public eye".

Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    You could even offer (static only) entry where they can park their "show car" in the middle of the arena between 9am and 4pm where they have limited access. Like on car club Sunday or those special condition entries that aren't engineered or burnout cars that can't drive anyway wack a different coloured sticker on them.
    You've got their money anyway, might cut down on teh cliche entrants cruising or "In the public eye".
    Yeah I pretty much had this with my XY I enterered back in the early 2000s. It wasn't good enough for elite show judging, wasn't a mega modified blown V8 (just a mild hydro cam 2V 351C) but wasn't a stocker daily driver either. I was allowed to drive in and out of EPIC but not cruise around. Sometimes I *may* of had a bit of trouble finding the gate out so had to drive around a bit to find it!

I do remember on the last day at about 3pm when pretty much all the events were over and I was cruising around and doing a couple of small skids (line lock) on the perimiter ring road and secuirty cunts come running over to me having a cow while ignoring nearby 800hp open header blown V8s that were doing power skids

Quote Originally Posted by data_mine View Post
    yeah the lack of consistency year to year and even car to car is shit.

On the day entrants, sure turn them away if they don't meet the criteria. risk they take rocking up on the day.
    Perhaps they could run some pre approval at some various events such as wednesday night street drags at WSID
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Quote Originally Posted by Falc&Send View Post
    Yeah I pretty much had this with my XY I enterered back in the early 2000s. It wasn't good enough for elite show judging, wasn't a mega modified blown V8 (just a mild hydro cam 2V 351C) but wasn't a stocker daily driver either. I was allowed to drive in and out of EPIC but not cruise around. Sometimes I *may* of had a bit of trouble finding the gate out so had to drive around a bit to find it!

I do remember on the last day at about 3pm when pretty much all the events were over and I was cruising around and doing a couple of small skids (line lock) on the perimiter ring road and secuirty cunts come running over to me having a cow while ignoring nearby 800hp open header blown V8s that were doing power skids
    And you’ve never been back since?

Been back as a spectator, not for a few years now though. I think the last Summernats I went to Chic Henry was still running it.
    I find each year there seems to be an unnofficial theme ie VE Commodores with Simmons, HK-T-G Monaros with tubs etc. I personally like cars that are different, like say a Volvo with a Barra engine or something like that. I love early Monaros and Falcons (especially GTs) but over the years have seen pretty much every variety there is to see of them; blown, tubbed, Simmons, Centrelines et etc and I crave something different

I may go if I can get a gate pass. Otherwise, keen to catch up one evening for beers.
    Summernats is not my thing but PFers are awesome.
    Last edited by Jim; 25-12-18 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Post got defected for single peggers
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Jim we usually have a gathering of good cunts at the car wash in Braddon. Come Elkin brings the wagon and the chilly bin. Have a few 'yeah just cokes officers' and talk shit.

Had planned on going but a solid stack a few days out from Xmas has put plans on ice for another year...

Back is still fucked, so not risking a decent drive then 3 days of relentless boganism so far away from home...
    The older i get, the better i was...

Without fail year after year its the same complaint. Regardless of mods to the car and "why is that ok, but not my car" talk... Maybe an alternate perspective.

Its a car show for spectators, not an event for car owners. If a small selection of car people at scrutineering deem your car uninteresting or unworthy regardless of the extent of the modifications done to it. Well if its boring to them, its probably boring to 90% of the spectators at the event. Spectators are the business, not the vehicle owners.

Is the carpark opposite the main entry open this year? Tramway still looks under construction at the intersection nearby. Cheers.

Don't think so, it's the staging area for the light rail project. Pretty sure I've seen signs for parking off Wells station road, the car parks up the back of EPIC.