Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Summernats 30 now 31 now 32

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    I was surprised it did not make more (supercharger fanboi here).... guess it was the heat and altitude and not his tuna skills.

Not to take anything away from Dalecunt though... those numbers from a bigblock with a dodgy start tune is next level impressive.
    Run 1 - Run as per pre-event test where it made 2890hp on a cool day at Mainline HQ in Sydney. Made 2560hp. 20deg vs. 40deg

Run 2 - As per run 1 but with another 2deg timing. Made 2825hp.

Team work out that the 3sec dyno run isn't enough time for the high-speed lean-outs to function. Car is way richer up top than it would normally be. Old-school lean-outs fitted to do the job in less time.

Run 3 - 2992hp
    Last edited by 2rismo; 07-01-19 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

run 1 also had a air line fail and held the box in 2nd not 3rd
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

I watched that incident with the white ute from the grand stand. Sprayed the Rolls Royce and the white Torana next to it let alone some people standing near by. The whole drama seemed to go on for ages. Police taking photos, heaps of security and stacks of onlookers that just kept walking up there for a gander.

I didn't particularly like the Police presence but it might be a necessary evil. Heaps of old dudes stopped and chatted to them particularly the female officers. Skid row was pretty much impossible to see and even the view from the Cougar Cave was average. I was pleased to be able to watch the cricket though! Ha. I kind of wonder if they could make the burnout distance even shorter to reduce clean up and keep the cars moving through? I'm sure most of you will think that's ridiculous. Alternatively maybe the more 'top level' burnout cars cant go through there at all. There was just so much rubber being put down it seemed like a mammoth but inefficient effort to keep it all going.
    1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

I was surprised it did not make more (supercharger fanboi here).... guess it was the heat and altitude and not his tuna skills.

Not to take anything away from Dalecunt though... those numbers from a bigblock with a dodgy start tune is next level impressive.
    Crunching the numbers - it's a bafflingly close result..

Similar capacity
    AC: - big dollar engine, more flow, more HP
    DC: conventional heads, medium dollar motor..
    AC: blower takes? 300hp? to spin it?
    DC: Turbo's take 100hp to spin?
    AC: spins 2,000 more RPM
    DC: Loses power in converter
    AC: entire electrical system runs on a makita battery (not even a big one)

in the end - not even 3% difference in power - but it was crazy close on all runs..

Friday - 1.6% - AC car has way more boost than DC, but can't adjust for atmospheric conditions - so probably had quite a safe tune.
    Saturday - .02% difference - Probably similar boost - but AC car with a more aggressive tune than friday.
    Sunday - 2.8% difference - DC car finally running more boost than the slammer - the AC car also had a tune change - after they checked the logging from the day before.

thats fucking mental close on 3000hp.

edit - what 2rismo said...

also across the 3 days where they were separated by less than 3%.. each car picked up 15% power.. like 420 & 470 hp..
    Last edited by GSRman; 07-01-19 at 03:18 PM.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yeah the guy fell off the back of a Ute. He wasnít in a crowd of people walking or sitting along a roadway where some cooked fuckwit has decided after 3 days of sinking cans in the sun to drop and extended skid elegantly fishtailing over the road and into a crowd. Because thatís what will happen one day, unless thereís some pretty clear delineation between having some fun and a bit of skid (aka skid row) and going all Ford Mustang throughout the venue.

Itís not PF getting soft itís PF realising that having an event where you drink piss and stare at cars for 3 days is a good thing, but to keep it going in the age of social justice warriors with their moral outrage requires some of the extremes of the behaviours to be moderated.
    Bingo.

In a perfect world, the ACT govco would say; Here is the keys to EPIC, just make sure you clean up & remember to turn the lights off before locking the door.

But the reality is, if you want to be given the permits & approvals to put such an event on, there is so many hoops (and being in the ACT) so many lefty tree huggers you have to appease, if you want to hold an event.

Back when I was doing the supercharged outlaw thing Fabulous Fab was considered a bit of a wanker that liked to blow smoke up his own arse... I dont think Muz's comment was too far off the mark !!
    I have known Fab's for 20+ years & have never had a bad run in with him & has always been more than happy to help out with anything.

here is my take now im on a laptop typing...

when hodgo asked me to do it i was a little worried they would walk away with it, after spending a day on the dyno (mainline 3000 hub) with dominators car i thought i would get my ass kicked (joes car had some camshaft issues and was only doing 2200 ish), but i said yeh fuck it why not... then they rolled up 2890 a few weeks before summer nats i was thinking fuck im done here, but anyway thought fuck it ill just send it...

friday arrives and im thinking they are going to roll off 2750 ish due to heat and altitude etc.. so loaded up the 39 psi map from grudge kings and checked the atmo conditions and thought that will take 3-4psi more on the gates to get it so did that, i thought here we go 2200hp coming up, it rolled 2604 i though fuck me.. next min dominator calls going what the fuck where is my power lol then they rolled off 2500 i went fuck me didnt expect that...

saturday rolls on they are first up this time (left the car on the dyno as they take a bit to swap) and they sent it to 2823 i figured im fucked here so ive had 47psi in it at the track so i put another 11 on the gates which gave it 47.5psi.. boom 2824... dominator rings again asking for the cam card lol

sunday im first up so i thought im going to go for 3100 as i thought they only had 2900 in them, so i put 16 on the gates and it peaked at 55psi and dropped to 54, spat out 3076 then 3064, it went way to rich (pegged sensors at 3.2afr) so it would have gone 3150ish at the right afr. then they rolled up thinking they were going to kick my ass and it went 2992... dominator calls again going fuck it just send me a cam lol

all in all was a top weekend and will do it again next year..
    im a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by 1320ft View Post
    Bingo.

In a perfect world, the ACT govco would say; Here is the keys to EPIC, just make sure you clean up & remember to turn the lights off before locking the door.

But the reality is, if you want to be given the permits & approvals to put such an event on, there is so many hoops (and being in the ACT) so many lefty tree huggers you have to appease, if you want to hold an event.
    you should have seen the paper work to just allow us to fill the fuel up in the dyno shed... fuck me...
    im a cunt

Haha, sounds like a few fingernails were chewed !!

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    I'm not saying this is the dumbest fucking thing you've ever said, but damnit, it's close.
    The guy was an enormous cunt to me for no reason in the olden days and I've still got a chip on my shoulder to be honest.

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    I'm gonna go against what everyone thinks but here's just my opinion as a spectator:

I was a bit bummed by skid row. At first I was super excited but the visibility was poor, and it kinda took the fun out of tuff street. By fun I mean everyone on Saturday night peeling off a big skid and getting booted cause they're not coming back Sunday.

Also I miss riding on the back of utes, and tits.

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    you name a drag racer that is not blowing smoke up his own ass.
    Fucking not many! Since being with my nopics and having involvement in semi serious drag cars due to her old man, there is so much ego in it it isnít funny

Quote Originally Posted by BigMuz View Post
    The guy was an enormous cunt to me for no reason in the olden days and I've still got a chip on my shoulder to be honest.
    OMG you and Fondles have something in common!
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Back when I was doing the supercharged outlaw thing Fabulous Fab was considered a bit of a wanker that liked to blow smoke up his own arse... I dont think Muz's comment was too far off the mark !!
    Same thing in life, I know plenty of people who I have no issues with but others think are complete fuckwits, and likewise I know people who I think are fuckwits but other's think are good. I've found in motorsport if someone is at the top of the game and you're a potential rival then yes, they'll probably be abit of a tosser towards you.
    And no offence to you or Muz but if your online persona is anything like you in real life, then yes I can could understand Fab's being abit of a cunt towards you, especially given you were also involved in supercharged outlaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320ft View Post
    Bingo.

I have known Fab's for 20+ years & have never had a bad run in with him & has always been more than happy to help out with anything.
    Doing ANYTHING with the ACT gov has been a serious case of CYA since at least 1997, year of the hospital implosion disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Same thing in life, I know plenty of people who I have no issues with but others think are complete fuckwits, and likewise I know people who I think are fuckwits but other's think are good. I've found in motorsport if someone is at the top of the game and you're a potential rival then yes, they'll probably be abit of a tosser towards you.
    And no offence to you or Muz but if your online persona is anything like you in real life, then yes I can could understand Fab's being abit of a cunt towards you, especially given you were also involved in supercharged outlaw.

Doing ANYTHING with the ACT gov has been a serious case of CYA since at least 1997, year of the hospital implosion disaster.
    Oh man, you've really made me think about this deeply. Thanks for the pearl of wisdom. You're really making a difference.

Tech question: how does the dyno shed 2mW worth of heat energy?
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post
    its got 4 big AC units in there... they take the edge off but thats about it
    im a cunt

stators are fucking huge & rotor is a huge fan.

my bad thought you ment the shed...
    im a cunt

here is my take now im on a laptop typing...

when hodgo asked me to do it i was a little worried they would walk away with it, after spending a day on the dyno (mainline 3000 hub) with dominators car i thought i would get my ass kicked (joes car had some camshaft issues and was only doing 2200 ish), but i said yeh fuck it why not... then they rolled up 2890 a few weeks before summer nats i was thinking fuck im done here, but anyway thought fuck it ill just send it...

friday arrives and im thinking they are going to roll off 2750 ish due to heat and altitude etc.. so loaded up the 39 psi map from grudge kings and checked the atmo conditions and thought that will take 3-4psi more on the gates to get it so did that, i thought here we go 2200hp coming up, it rolled 2604 i though fuck me.. next min dominator calls going what the fuck where is my power lol then they rolled off 2500 i went fuck me didnt expect that...

saturday rolls on they are first up this time (left the car on the dyno as they take a bit to swap) and they sent it to 2823 i figured im fucked here so ive had 47psi in it at the track so i put another 11 on the gates which gave it 47.5psi.. boom 2824... dominator rings again asking for the cam card lol

sunday im first up so i thought im going to go for 3100 as i thought they only had 2900 in them, so i put 16 on the gates and it peaked at 55psi and dropped to 54, spat out 3076 then 3064, it went way to rich (pegged sensors at 3.2afr) so it would have gone 3150ish at the right afr. then they rolled up thinking they were going to kick my ass and it went 2992... dominator calls again going fuck it just send me a cam lol

all in all was a top weekend and will do it again next year..
    Haha, I was wondering what Joe would have thought about your results haha

i sent him the cam card a hour ago and he was awake... it was 3am there, i said what you doing awake and he said thinking.. lol
    im a cunt

Lol so I guess youíll be going back to do some more tuning on his car once the cam arrives!? Or just do it remote?
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction

its got 4 big AC units in there... they take the edge off but thats about it
    I could image it being a bit of a sauna in there.

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    stators are fucking huge & rotor is a huge fan.
    Ok thanks. Cool down time between runs would be required.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Quote Originally Posted by FLI355 View Post
    Lol so I guess youíll be going back to do some more tuning on his car once the cam arrives!? Or just do it remote?
    just put my tune in it, its got the same injector setup etc
    im a cunt

Impressive numbers Dale, well done.

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    VS bloke is objectively a complete and utter fuckstain that should never be allowed back.

But I reckon I've watched the vid half a dozen times. It was a pretty savage effort and fuck the thing sounds good.

Congrats Dale.
    I missed the final but heard it from the middle of epic lol.

My 50c worth.
    Really enjoyed skid row. Definitely a good addition to tuff street.
    lol'd at a few tuff street skids. The new norm is have a car load of kids, stop kick them out get on the phone and record a skid. Security not impressed.
    Safety is obviously a thing there. Security in general - not shit cunts. I was amazed. Dealt with stuff pretty quickly and nothing got out of hand.
    Did see some slut hang her ass out of a VL. That was new.

I was a skeptic on the drifting but was fucking awesome and allowing people to ride as passengers was cool to.

Didn't enter as mentioned in previous posts, no real pains through scruitneering with the people I spoke to who did. Was a fair few Visually Standard cars rolling around but I couldn't even be bothered whinging about them.

I did hear they're removing the grass events and go-to-woah but bit sad cause that was one of my favourite things to do.
    Numbers seemed down but that seemed better actually. Less fuckwits to deal with.

Couple of guys I know mentioned that the hub dyno only supported 5 stud type cars.
    One fella with a dato was pretty dissapointed he couldn't run. (didn't bother with the cell this year cause other things going on)

Will actually enter next year.
    Night time activities where eh.

Made some new friends.
    Caught up with Jim Marco and Kdog.
    Win win really.

Also the moron on with the impounded vs ute is no hero.
    The End.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Ok thanks. Cool down time between runs would be required.
    there's a whole lot of mass there to be heated - and given the RPM the shaft is turning - it's probably managing to blow some away during ramp up & down..

taking a guess at 120kg of mass absorbing the heat - and 3 seconds of 2000kw and smashing that into an online calculator shows the temp increasing by 16 deg.. so two runs would be 30 deg increase.. at least 30 mins to swap cars (for the drag cars).

unless you are doing the fricken Banks Power - LOT less energy than 3.5 minutes at 250hp - -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X43itpSjKAc

short of hooking one up to load up a genset, would probably be fine

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    And whats stopping your car doing a wheelie and flipping on its roof? Not sure if italics..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    And whats stopping your car doing a wheelie and flipping on its roof? Not sure if italics..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Guessing it is partly inertial/"shootout mode", less resistance to rotational acceleration than sticky tires on a sticky track, and it isn't starting in first gear so much less torque at the hubs.